2014 Chase for the Cup Hype

The intent isn't necessarily to emphasize winning, it's to guarantee a "Game 7" every single year. They said as much during their "Meet the Press" back in February.

I'm talking about in 2003, prior to the chase when they wanted to make wins matter more. I'm should have clarified that.

The "one race to decide it all" aspect kills it for me. The fact that you could DNF in 6 of the 10 Chase races and still win the championship is pretty messed up. As is the fact that you could win 9 of the 10 Chase races and still lose the championship. This format is all style and no substance.

The "one race to decide it all" aspect kills it for me. The fact that you could DNF in 6 of the 10 Chase races and still win the championship is pretty messed up. As is the fact that you could win 9 of the 10 Chase races and still lose the championship. This format is all style and no substance.
image.jpg

I'm talking about in 2003, prior to the chase when they wanted to make wins matter more. I'm should have clarified that.
Oh yeah...I think all they did was give the winner 180 points instead of 175. Then a few years later it moved to 185. They probably should've tried that first.

The Chase is BS in this format.
Big Bonus points for winning, plus consistency, should prevail in this sport, period! JMHO
Why are you yelling at us? :confused:

The "one race to decide it all" aspect kills it for me.....the fact that you could win 9 of the 10 Chase races and still lose the championship. This format is all style and no substance.

This is the greatest of the flaws with this system. If you want to make the last race extra important for the championship make it a double points race like F1 and Indycar have done.

Have a 10 race elimination tournament pay the largest purse etc, call it the Brian Cup and let the piece of chit celebrate his relevance.
Just keep the accounting gimmicks out of who is crowned the season long champion.

The only thing the points resets do is make sure these guys are staying on top of their game... nothin wrong with that. It's gonna be a helluva show.

Yes, there is a problem with point resets: everything a driver has worked for leading up to a reset gets erased during a reset. This makes the Chase not an accurate way of determining which driver was the best all year.

Back
Top Bottom