2014 Chicagoland - MyAFibStory.com 400 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Chase Race 1 of 10

All 3 Series at the same track this weekend.

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 11:

ON TRACK
-- 2-3 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series practice (Follow live)
-- 3:30-5 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice (Follow live)

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12:

ON TRACK
-- Noon-12:50 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 1-2:30 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 3:15 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 4:30-6 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 6:45 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, ESPN2 (Follow live)
-- 8:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Lucas Oil 225 (150 laps, 225 miles), FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

GARAGECAM (Watch Live)
-- 11:30 a.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series GarageCam
-- 12:30 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series GarageCam

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 13:

ON TRACK-- 11-11:50 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 12:15 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 2-2:50 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 3:30 p.m.: NASCAR Nationwide Series Jimmy John's Freaky Fast 300 powered by Coca-Cola (200 laps, 300 miles), ESPN2 (Follow live)

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 14:

ON TRACK-- 2 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series MyAfibStory.com 400 (267 laps, 400.5 miles), ESPN (Follow live)

Standings heading into this first Chase race.

Standings.jpg

CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY - JOLIET ILLINOIS

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 14 2014 TV - ESPN

Jimmy Johnson
6-1
Brad Keselowski
5-1
Kevin Harvick 5-1
Jeff Gordon
5-1
Joey Logano
8-1
Dale Earnhardt Jr
10-1
Kyle Busch
12-1
Matt Kenseth12-1
Kasey Kahne
15-1
Kurt Busch
20-1
Denny Hamlin
15-1
Kyle Larson
30-1
Carl Edwards
30-1
Greg Biffle
40-1
Clint Bowyer
40-1
Jamie McMurray
50-1
Brian Vickers
50-1
Ryan Newman
40-1
Paul Menard
60-1
Tony Stewart
20-1
Martin Truex Jr
200-1
Austin Dillon
200-1
Ricky Stenhouse Jr
200-1
Marcos Ambrose
300-1
Danica Patrick
300-1
Field
500-1

Quick question about the Chase points: when they reset after Dover, do the remaining drivers still get 3 bonus points per win, or does everybody start at 3,000 or whatever it is?
After the first round, the 12 remaining drivers have their points reset to 3,000. After the second round, the eight remaining drivers have their points reset to 4,000 and after the third round, the four remaining drivers have their points reset to 5,000.

Drivers do not carry over any bonus points for wins from round to round. All remaining drivers start the second, third and championship round on equal footing.

Those drivers who are eliminated in the first three rounds have their points adjusted by taking their total points accumulated in Chase races and adding to their point total when they started the Chase. That way, a driver who is knocked out in the first round of the Chase can finish as high as fifth in the final standings

After the first round, the 12 remaining drivers have their points reset to 3,000. After the second round, the eight remaining drivers have their points reset to 4,000 and after the third round, the four remaining drivers have their points reset to 5,000.

Drivers do not carry over any bonus points for wins from round to round. All remaining drivers start the second, third and championship round on equal footing.

Those drivers who are eliminated in the first three rounds have their points adjusted by taking their total points accumulated in Chase races and adding to their point total when they started the Chase. That way, a driver who is knocked out in the first round of the Chase can finish as high as fifth in the final standings
Thanks dpk. I wasn't sure how that was going to work.

I really really really think we need to go by overall points to decide positions 5th-50th should go by your point position not considering the Chase.

What the hell are you racing for if you get eliminated?

If this chase is as much of a ****show as I am anticipating. I dunno if I'll be able to come back next year....

I am extremely pessimistic, I know.....

I really really really think we need to go by overall points to decide positions 5th-50th should go by your point position not considering the Chase.

Every single year since the beginning of the sport teams continued to race to the end of the season without a chance at the Championship. I don't see why that should be different today. These teams, Chase or no Chase, are still racing for wins.

I haven't heard a thing about not paying a non chase winner, they all count 1 in the win column

Nice name, but we're gonna' need the paddles if this one is as bad as Richmond.

Wins and money?

Looking forward to this one.. Joey never got the chance to finish this one out last season... don't expect the same thing to happen this weekend.

A few drivers will be on TV on Wednesday. Here is that schedule:

Kevin Harvick will be at ESPN and on SportsCenter between 9:35-9:55 a.m. ET, 11:35-11:55 am ET and 1:40-1:55 pm ET. Also scheduled to be on ESPN's SportsCenter from other locations are Kyle Busch (2:40 p.m. ET), and Jeff Gordon (5:40 pm ET).

Jimmie Johnson will on a variety of shows in New York City. He'll be on “The Today Show’’ at 8:30 a.m. ET, “Live with Kelly and Michael’’ at 9:30 a.m. ET, CNBC's “Power Lunch’’ at 1:30 pm. ET and “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’’ at 11:30 p.m. ET

Dale Earnhardt Jr. will go to Los Angeles and be on “Jimmy Kimmel Live’’ at 11:30 p.m. ET.

You can follow each driver on Twitter throughout the day using #NASCAR and #MyChaseNation.

Here’s a list of what cities or track markets drivers are going:

Los Angeles - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Mexico City - Carl Edwards
San Antonio - Kurt Busch
Toronto - Jeff Gordon
New York City - Jimmie Johnson
ESPN - Kevin Harvick
Chicago - Kyle Busch
New Hampshire - Kasey Kahne
Dover - Greg Biffle
Kansas - AJ Allmendinger
Charlotte - Brad Keselowski
Talladega - Joey Logano
Martinsville - Ryan Newman
Texas - Matt Kenseth
Phoenix - Denny Hamlin
Homestead-Miami - Aric Almirola

What with the Chase starting at Chicagoland, the circus has come to town a little earlier than usual.

Chase Grid Live

Considering that there's been little to no local media coverage about this event, it's hard to say how much of a crowd will show up to check it out.

Last year Junior did burn-outs outside the Chicago Theatre in front of a crowd that you could probably count on both hands.

go figure . . .

What with the Chase starting at Chicagoland, the circus has come to town a little earlier than usual.

Chase Grid Live

Considering that there's been little to no local media coverage about this event, it's hard to say how much of a crowd will show up to check it out.

Last year Junior did burn-outs outside the Chicago Theatre in front of a crowd that you could probably count on both hands.

go figure . . .
If I lived anywhere close I'd be there.

Who the hell wants to go anywhere near downtown chicago? The crime rate is infamous.

If I lived anywhere close I'd be there.

Last year after Junior did the burn-outs in front of the Chicago Theatre, he did a meet-n-greet at nearby Grant Park.

it was pretty cool as it took all of about ten minutes to shake his hand and get his autograph.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to get to the Chase Grid Live event tomorrow due to a prior commitment.

DAMNNNNNNN

Who the hell wants to go anywhere near downtown chicago? The crime rate is infamous.

Downtown is cool.

It's when you stop in the hood and ask for directions that you get into trouble.

Downtown Chicago is actually incredibly safe. It's the south and west sides of the city that you have to worry about. The entirety of Chicago (and Detroit and Newark and any other "crime ridden" city) isn't a crime infested hole, it's just certain parts and there sure as hell isn't any reason to ever go to those parts.

Here’s a list of what cities or track markets drivers are going:

Los Angeles - Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Mexico City - Carl Edwards
San Antonio - Kurt Busch

Kurt's in San Antonio? Why that is no where near Columbus, Ohio.

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom