2014 Chicagoland - MyAFibStory.com 400 - Pre Race Thread

BxbnQWYIQAAlwT_.jpg:large

It would be nice if they start the chase with a great race today. It's going to be interesting with the new elimination rules, some folks are going to be plenty bummed out when this one ends. Lets have a good old fashion bumper bumping, paint swapping, fender bending, door doughnut day at the track. Mix it up guys and one gal cause all these Chase Races are money races and there ain't no tomorrow.

On FS1 pre-race show, Michael Waltrip and Larry Mac said that the both RFR cars in the Chase, Edwards and Biffle won't move onto the next round. Yocum said Edwards will just because Dover and New Hampshire are in the first round. Waltrip and Larry Mac picked Brad K to win the championship and Yocum picked Logano to win the championship.

So, according to the over-dramatic NASCAR Countdown lead-in, only 16 men will take to the field today. I would really like to enjoy the race for the race, but I really don't think that will be possible at all.

Hopefully they come to the finish line 4 wide with trophy girls everywhere. But it is Chicagoland so I guess I will settle for 1 wide with some trophy girls.

Howdy, Y'all. Here are some of my pics from the Jimmy Johns 300 on Saturday Sept. 13th:

tEAgLlq.jpg

Prerace concert featuring hair band tribute Lounge Puppets. Also a lady in suede chaps.
EEsTO0e.jpg

iYmfFU3.jpg

View for the start. It was a lot more comfortable in the sunshine:
XKRaf5K.jpg

This guy was looking for his friends just before the start of the race. To be fair, most of us are confused by the drastic change in temperature, his racing gear is probably in the closet:
SjARmjF.jpg

Oh Brad (Daugherty)... wishful thinking thinking AJ getting into the second round. I hope he does but come on Brad.

Brad Daughterty picked the same exact drivers as me to make the Final 4.

BxgsJakIcAEsxkK.jpg:large

Jeff Gluck ‏@jeff_gluck 6m
People jammed up trying to get in the track. #NASCAR
This view is looking west, away from the back of the tower on the front stretch.
The main campground is at the top of this pic, the center is the main merch midway. There's a big hospitality area on the left, forcing everyone from those parking lots on the upper left into the melee.

There is another entrance about 500ft. to the north of this one (main gate with ticket windows).

Ha, like that ESPN's intro to the new Chase took a little dig at NASCAR, mentioning that this is this fourth iteration of the Chase rules.

Cool Day in Atlanta...1st race of the Chase! (and in honor of the Wood Brothers old tires)....

I'm:

Sounds to me like the 24 is going with the "win as many as you can" strategy.

Back
Top Bottom