2014 Indianapolis - Crown Royal Presents the John Wayne Walding 400 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
EVENT SCHEDULE
(Sprint Cup Series)​

Times are local to the Track
Thursday, July 24
9:00 PM NSCS HAULERS ENTER
Friday, July 25
6:00 AM NSCS GARAGE OPENS & INSPECTION BEGINS
10:35 AM NSCS ROOKIE & SPOTTER MEETINGS, RANDOM DRAWING
11:35 AM - 1:00 PM NSCS PRACTICE
3:00 PM NSCS GARAGE CLOSES
Saturday, July 26
7:30 AM NSCS GARAGE OPENS
9:00 - 10:50 AM NSCS FINAL PRACTICE
2:10 PM NSCS QUALIFYING
5:00 PM NSCS GARAGE CLOSES
Sunday, July 27
7:00 AM NSCS GARAGE OPENS
9:15 - 10:30 AM Indianapolis Motor Speedway Track Walk
11:00 AM NSCS DRIVER/CREW CHIEFS MEETING
12:30 PM NSCS DRIVERS INTRODUCTION
1:00 PM NSCS RACE
NSCS = Sprint Cup Series
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
All times above are listed in LOCAL Time​

20 years? Holy crap I'm getting old. I wasn't really all that excited when they started running this track and I'm still not today.

Jeff Gordon's winning 1994 ride from the 1st race @ the Brickyard.....

jeff gordon brickyard car 1994.jpg

Chevrolet have won 15 of the twenty races run here. 3 Ford's, 1 Dodge & 1 Pontiac round out the 20 races held here.

I really think the fix is in on this one. Someone that wears a cowboy hat is going to take this one. I'm thinking surprise winner and new Chase contender Stenhouse Jr. or Austin Dillon take home the hardware. o_O

Okay, maybe I shouldn't start drinking so early?

I really think the fix is in on this one. Someone that wears a cowboy hat is going to take this one. I'm thinking surprise winner and new Chase contender Stenhouse Jr. or Austin Dillon take home the hardware. o_O

Okay, maybe I shouldn't start drinking so early?
Speaking of drinking. We leave on our annual Odyssey tomorrow morning. 18 day's of roaming the country.

Ain't that the truth? They just had to throw the Wayne in there. :rolleyes: Like this is a John Wayne descendant or something. Who knows, maybe he is. It's still a little much.
I blame the guys' parents.

I predict Paul Menard repeats his 2011 victory here.

Or Ryan Newman. RCR gets lucky either way and gets a dog in the hunt (Chase).

I predict Paul Menard repeats his 2011 victory here.

I won the 2011 BOLD Prediction with that victory. I don't think he does it again though. I'm going with a favorite for the race..... Jeff Gordon wins on the 20th anniversary of his first win here. He's running too strong and he's gotta want this one bad.

This race doesn't even deserve a pre race thread. Indy is a horrible track for stock cars and I bet my first unborn it will be the worst race of the year.

My title "Flat out until you see god, then turn left" came from a bootleg t-shirt my dad bought at the Indy 500 once.

eh it's a race, I'll watch it, I have low expectations at indy, so what, I hope they shoot the camera around a bit I love the ol track and they need the money to keep her a going.

I dragged my husband up there one year --- we did the whole nine yards that week. IRP on Wednesday night for midget racing, IRP on Thursday night for Trucks, IRP on Friday night for Busch, and Saturday at the big track. Enjoyed the hell out of IRP. Had great seats at Indy --- could see from middle Turns 3/4 to middle Turns 1/2. Had fun, but won't go back.

I dragged my husband up there one year --- we did the whole nine yards that week. IRP on Wednesday night for midget racing, IRP on Thursday night for Trucks, IRP on Friday night for Busch, and Saturday at the big track. Enjoyed the hell out of IRP. Had great seats at Indy --- could see from middle Turns 3/4 to middle Turns 1/2. Had fun, but won't go back.

IRP put on much better racing then the Brickyard does. Nascar moving trucks and nationwide away from there was a huge mistake. Especially since nationwide now runs the brickyard

This race doesn't even deserve a pre race thread. Indy is a horrible track for stock cars and I bet my first unborn it will be the worst race of the year.
IRP put on much better racing then the Brickyard does. Nascar moving trucks and nationwide away from there was a huge mistake. Especially since nationwide now runs the brickyard
you need a tissue?
upload_2014-7-15_14-59-16.jpeg

Yes, that was a great venue for racing. I would much rather see Cup & Nationwide running there. A far better race.

Also at the IRP, the NHRA US Nationals drag strip. Had some good times there. Also sunburned.

It's very possible I'll be in Indy next week, but avoiding the race (but maybe not the traffic) Gas City, Lawrenceburg, Kokomo. :)

20 years? Holy crap I'm getting old. I wasn't really all that excited when they started running this track and I'm still not today.

Tell me about it, I was in Indy for the Friday practice before the first Brickyard race, kind a fun, then flew home on Saturday. I was in the area on business.

To me it is not much of a race, all horsepower, but, it is one of the highest paying races on the circuit, but pretty boring to watch. JMHO :blink:

Turns out I will be in Indy for the weekend, but not for the Cup race. Timing kinda sucks, but I'll be spending it with a friend, and at some Indiana dirt tracks watching sprint cars.

Timing is bad only because the person I'm staying with work for Andretti Autosport, so I had to pick a weekend when Indycar was off so I have a free place to stay. Thought maybe I could catch the Indy museum, but with Cup fans in town, might not be a great weekend to do that.

I will have to time my travels so I can avoid traffic (if that's even possible)

The way some of y'all feel about this track is how I feel about Daytona, It sucks.

The way some of y'all feel about this track is how I feel about Daytona, It sucks.
And Daytona is in Florida too!!!!!
They're nice, but a little pricey. Expect to pay close to $50K for a new one.
Yeah, but the sales numbers have been awful (only something like 1000 sold YTD last I checked) and I'm afraid ole Chevrolet won't be importing them much longer so I may want to gobble one up sooner rather than later. It is a premium car, nice interior, dash, paddle shifters, etc. What I like the most is it comes with basically the same engine as the Corvette, but it looks like a discreet passenger car. People think I'm nuts when I say this, but I think cops look twice at "fast looking" cars like Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc. The SS is undercover, easy to mistake for a Malibu or Impala. :cool:

Last edited:
And Daytona is in Florida too!!!!!

Yeah, but the sales numbers have been awful (only something like 1000 sold YTD last I checked) and I'm afraid ole Chevrolet won't be importing them much longer so I may want to gobble one up sooner rather than later. It is a premium car, nice interior, dash, paddle shifters, etc. What I like the most is it comes with basically the same engine as the Corvette, but it looks like a discreet passenger car. People think I'm nuts when I say this, but I think cops look twice at "fast looking" cars like Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, etc. The SS is undercover, easy to mistake for a Malibu or Impala. :cool:

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!! when did they move it down there???????????????????...................:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom