2014 Silly Season Thread

C.J Faison is expected to announce his 2015 plans today. Could be the Xfinity Series with someone like KBM.

#41 and #10 crews swap.

If that isn't the nail in the coffin for the #10 then nothing is. Ouch.

Is it Carl time yet? Can't wait.

#41 and #10 crews swap.

If that isn't the nail in the coffin for the #10 then nothing is. Ouch.

• Stewart Haas swaps crew chiefs, road crews on #10 & #41 teams: Stewart-Haas Racing, the championship-winning NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team, will swap crew chiefs and road crews between its #10 and 41 teams beginning with the AAA Texas 500 race weekend Oct. 31-Nov. 2 at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. Crew chief Tony Gibson will move from the #10 GoDaddy team of Danica Patrick to the #41 Haas Automation team of Kurt Busch. Crew chief Daniel Knost will move from the #41 team to serve as the interim crew chief for Patrick and the #10 team. The road crews assembled by each crew chief will also make the swap. However, the pit crews for each respective team will not be moved. "We made this change to evaluate our program and to get a head start on 2015," said Greg Zipadelli, vice president of competition, Stewart-Haas Racing. "With the ban on testing next year, the last three races of this season take on even greater importance. For Tony Gibson and Kurt, they'll get three races together that will provide direction for next year. And for Daniel Knost and Danica, this is an opportunity for them develop a rapport that could potentially continue into 2015."(Stewart Haas Racing), see earlier updates on the #10 team news page.(10-22-2014)

So Knost isn't officially Patricks CC yet. This could be interesting. My guess is they will want a very experienced CC for Patrick. Could Fennig be a possibility? I know there are reports of him retiring, but if anyone can make Danica successful it is him.

Also Kurt getting Gibson is awesome. I can't wait to see what that pair can do.

So Knost isn't officially Patricks CC yet. This could be interesting. My guess is they will want a very experienced CC for Patrick. Could Fennig be a possibility? I know there are reports of him retiring, but if anyone can make Danica successful it is him.

Also Kurt getting Gibson is awesome. I can't wait to see what that pair can do.
Get vocal chord transplants after 3 races from cussing and screaming at one another? :D

Wish someone would step up and sponsor Blaney full time xfinity

Would you say that there is a certain driver in the Nationwide/Xfinity whatever you wanna call it series, who's in pretty good equipment, that doesn't deserve a job as much as Ryan Blaney does?

Wish someone would step up and sponsor Blaney full time xfinity

This pisses me off. Discount Tire should step up for the kid. Blaney deserves the 22. I am tired of hearing about not having sponsorship for guys like Blaney when there is a full time ride right there. Too bad it is used to inflate the egos of their cup drivers.

Blaney has at least 12 cup race$ scheduled next year racing for the Woods Brothers, a full time Truck ride for Keselowski, and no telling how many Xfinity races in the 22 next year. He has a pretty full plate if ya ask me for his second year in the top series. Rookie of the year in the trucks.

Would you say that there is a certain driver in the Nationwide/Xfinity whatever you wanna call it series, who's in pretty good equipment, that doesn't deserve a job as much as Ryan Blaney does?
I agree with sadler? smith, id say guaghan, dillon, reed, hell the whold damn place besides elluott and buescher!

^ IMO I like Brendan. Yeah he's funded by family, but he is a hoot to watch. I like him as a racer.

Ryan Blaney will get the needed sponsorship eventually. Ty Dillon and Ryan Reed I'm fine with as well. The only reason why Reed has sponsors is because of his diabetes. Yet he is a very positive young guy that is quite the spokesman. A feel good story.

Sponsors are so hard to come by. You need to have money, know someone or have a family connection ( Look at Menard, JWT, etc.)

^ IMO I like Brendan. Yeah he's funded by family, but he is a hoot to watch. I like him as a racer.

Ryan Blaney will get the needed sponsorship eventually. Ty Dillon and Ryan Reed I'm fine with as well. The only reason why Reed has sponsors is because of his diabetes. Yet he is a very positive young guy that is quite the spokesman. A feel good story.

Sponsors are so hard to come by. You need to have money, know someone or have a family connection ( Look at Menard, JWT, etc.)
Haha yeah Brendan is fun to watch. I had to laugh at kansas when I was there all four nationwide rcr cars were from daddys/grandpas money.

Blaney has at least 12 cup race$ scheduled next year racing for the Woods Brothers, a full time Truck ride for Keselowski, and no telling how many Xfinity races in the 22 next year. He has a pretty full plate if ya ask me for his second year in the top series. Rookie of the year in the trucks.
He's had two full years in the trucks it's time to move up. I believe in the 2/2 RCR program or the old "Arca Busch Cup" program.

Penske is full of it. Blaney should just jump ship to stewart haas or another team given the chance. If Penske "doesn't have the sponsorship" to run nationwide, what will change in the cup series? And Regan smith has won a race every year and finished top 3 in points, light years ahead of when Danica and others were driving jr motorsports cars. No reason to replace him

Penske is full of it. Blaney should just jump ship to stewart haas or another team given the chance. If Penske "doesn't have the sponsorship" to run nationwide, what will change in the cup series? And Regan smith has won a race every year and finished top 3 in points, light years ahead of when Danica and others were driving jr motorsports cars. No reason to replace him
Yeah I dont think regan should be replaced but I do think Blaney is a better prospect though. Danica to anyone is not a good comparison to anyone.

I wish Cassill would get a better ride in some series. He's pushing 26 though so he's an old man

Yeah. Cassill was at Hendrick at the beginning of his career. Funny how people would consider him old.

The Junior Motorsports program is light years ahead of where they were when Danica was there .

:rolleyes: He won his first ever race with the team at Homestead 2012, same year Danica was running nationwide for them

Back
Top Bottom