2014 Silly Season Thread

Apparently Michael Annett and Pilot/Flying J will move to HScott racing to team with Allgaier.

Loving this move, Annett was solid last year and Allgaier really impressed. I'm going to keep an eye on these two for sure next year.

Apparently Michael Annett and Pilot/Flying J will move to HScott racing to team with Allgaier.

And this was confirmed.

Tommy Baldwin hires Bowman as Annett's replacement in the 7.

BK Racing hires Yeley to replace Bowman in the 23.

And this was confirmed.

Tommy Baldwin hires Bowman as Annett's replacement in the 7.

BK Racing hires Yeley to replace Bowman in the 23.

Sheesh. Can BK Racing go more than one season without changing all their drivers. They went into last year with three rookies. Now all they have is JJ Yeley.

Sheesh. Can BK Racing go more than one season without changing all their drivers. They went into last year with three rookies. Now all they have is JJ Yeley.
They don't usually treat their drivers too well. See Landon Cassill and David Reutimann.

The hell did Annett go to HScott Motorsports for?

I liked him at Tommy Baldwin and did well IMO. Well, I guess working with another driver will help in Allgaier. I guess I have another small team to root for.

I like the moves some of these smaller teams are making. Annett should improve given he's moving to a two car team, should help Allgaier as well. Whitt getting out of the BK dump and moving to Front Row should help him and the two David's there. Bowman is pretty talented as well, moving from BK to TBR who did well with Annett should help him.

Ryan Truex is unemployed because of the team.
Landon Cassill's career was partially ruined.
David Reutimann career halted afterwards, I mean he was out of MWR, but still.
Alex Bowman
Cole Whitt

I mean Whitt and Bowman are at better teams, but honestly. BK Racing is a black hole and they have nothing to offer, but Jeb has no sponsorship and has been struggling to find something. I guess this was his best and I would hope LAST option. The guy must have been salivating at this opportunity and I hope he makes the most of it. Even heard some cases of BK Racing not paying drivers....

Ryan Truex is unemployed because of the team.
Landon Cassill's career was partially ruined.
David Reutimann career halted afterwards, I mean he was out of MWR, but still.
Alex Bowman
Cole Whitt

I mean Whitt and Bowman are at better teams, but honestly. BK Racing is a black hole and they have nothing to offer, but Jeb has no sponsorship and has been struggling to find something. I guess this was his best and I would hope LAST option. The guy must have been salivating at this opportunity and I hope he makes the most of it. Even heard some cases of BK Racing not paying drivers...
I believe that was Cassill. And then there was this past season where Reutimann was left in the dark well into January about whether or not he would be retained and they held that silly tryout of sorts at Daytona's Preseason Thunder with Bowman and Truex and David just decided to leave.

It sucks that all of Jeb's Truck opportunities have fallen apart, he was really quick in 2013. This is about as bad as it gets so I hope he can perform marginally well for a year and get straight out like Whitt did.

I believe that was Cassill. And then there was this past season where Reutimann was left in the dark well into January about whether or not he would be retained and they held that silly tryout of sorts at Daytona's Preseason Thunder with Bowman and Truex and David just decided to leave.

It sucks that all of Jeb's Truck opportunities have fallen apart, he was really quick in 2013. This is about as bad as it gets so I hope he can perform marginally well for a year and get straight out like Whitt did.

About the best thing to do. It's so hard to retain sponsorship and find more, especially in the lower tier series. Hopefully he does do well and manages to get some type of sponsorship package together for himself or something. It's just upsetting that so many of these young guys are being forgotten about. IMO I felt the worse for Truex, he was doing so well and once he took that opportunity with BK it pretty much soiled his reputation he did well as a respected K&N champion as well. These drivers need sponsorship to walk through the door now in days.

Matt DiBenedetto will compete in select Cup races for Burger King Racing in the #83.

How bizarre.

I've always felt sorry for Landon Cassill but I don't think BK Racing is really to blame here. Does anyone ever advance from a lower tier team to one of the big dogs? TBR and FRR aren't exactly launching careers either. If you're stuck in one of those rides, your career is at a dead end anyway.

I've always felt sorry for Landon Cassill but I don't think BK Racing is really to blame here. Does anyone ever advance from a lower tier team to one of the big dogs? TBR and FRR aren't exactly launching careers either. If you're stuck in one of those rides, your career is at a dead end anyway.
FRR never really had anyone particularly young, unless you want to count Regan Smith. Even in his case he wound up in a championship-contending ride with JRM. I'd probably take that over a 22nd-place Cup ride. And they helped Kurt Busch find his way back into a big ride with SHR.

TBR never really had one either until Annett last year and now he's jumped up to HScott Motorsports.

FRR never really had anyone particularly young, unless you want to count Regan Smith. Even in his case he wound up in a championship-contending ride with JRM. I'd probably take that over a 22nd-place Cup ride. And they helped Kurt Busch find his way back into a big ride with SHR.

TBR never really had one either until Annett last year and now he's jumped up to HScott Motorsports.

I meant Front Row, my mistake.

And is HScott really a step up from TBR? It seems like a lot of these lower tier drivers just bounce around from one non-contender to another. You'll never read about Michael Annett signing with Penske, Hendrick or hell even RPM. Once you sign with one of these teams, your ceiling has been hit.

And is HScott really a step up from TBR? It seems like a lot of these lower tier drivers just bounce around from one non-contender to another. You'll never read about Michael Annett signing with Penske, Hendrick or hell even RPM. Once you sign with one of these teams, your ceiling has been hit.

TBR uses RCR chassis and HScott uses Hendrick chassis and engines. I think.

I guess we'll see with Whitt if FRM can be a stepping stone of sorts. Ragan was reportedly one of the two finalists along with Sam Hornish Jr. for RPM's #9 ride so it may not be the end of your career.

I think HScott is a nice jump up from TBR; as @Kiante said, TBR just began an RCR/ECR alliance this past season (not sure if they revert back to Pro Motor Engines now that Annett's money is gone) and HScott run Hendrick stuff.

This is gonna seem random, but what the hell happened to James Buescher? Did he lose his Xfinity ride or what?

This is gonna seem random, but what the hell happened to James Buescher? Did he lose his Xfinity ride or what?
The only car RAB Racing has entered in the Xfinity Series this weekend is the #29 with Justin Marks. Buescher is at least going to run part-time in the #31 for NTS Motorsports in the Truck Series.

Back
Top Bottom