2014 Silly Season Thread

Any chance with all the crap that uncle harvs crew has given him he leaves SHR?
Wonder what his contract is....

I doubt it very much, he's driving the best cars he's ever had right now.

They have enough pieces at SHR that they should be able to improve his pit crew. I wonder how long Tony is going to keep his guys together, he is still the "flagship" team in SHR, but really he should be putting his best guys on the 4 team IMO.

There's an instance where having a driver/owner can be conflicting at times. The driver wants his team to be the best, but the owner should be putting his best championship team together for a run at the title.

I doubt it very much, he's driving the best cars he's ever had right now.

They have enough pieces at SHR that they should be able to improve his pit crew. I wonder how long Tony is going to keep his guys together, he is still the "flagship" team in SHR, but really he should be putting his best guys on the 4 team IMO.

There's an instance where having a driver/owner can be conflicting at times. The driver wants his team to be the best, but the owner should be putting his best championship team together for a run at the title.
Harvick is SHR's only bullet for the championship this year in my opinion. I think the question should be - Will Childers leave after the season? He was open about the fact that he was weary of joining Harvick's team initially because he knew how hard he is on everybody.

@ClaireBLang

3M signs with HMS Jeff Gordon 11 races 2015 3-yr deal.

@nascarcasm

"Dear Dogecoin/Reddit community, My name is Greg Biffle, and I could use your help..."

Ryan Blaney to the Wood Brothers in Cup and Penske in Nationwide is now official, but perhaps the bigger news is that the Wood Brothers are indeed splitting from RFR and forming a technical alliance with Team Penske.

HARRISBURG, N.C., Aug. 14, 2014 – Wood Brothers Racing announces today that it has formed a technical alliance with Team Penske and will race a partial-season schedule in the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series with up-and-coming driver Ryan Blaney.

Blaney, who has raced as a Team Penske development driver since 2012, will compete in at least 12 races for Wood Brothers Racing next season in the iconic No. 21 Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Fusion as he continues his rapid NASCAR development.
-----------
Blaney is scheduled to make his official debut for Wood Brothers Racing in the 2015 Daytona 500. He will race for the team in events at Daytona, Las Vegas, Texas, Talladega, Charlotte, Michigan and Indianapolis, among others.
http://woodbrothersracing.com/?p=5147

Good for Suarez he's the real deal. Wonder what this means for bubba

I am worried about Bubba. It would be hard for me to believe that JGR is overlooking him. If he doesn't get into a NNS ride, it's because there is a bigger plan IMO, but I am concerned.

Good for Suarez he's the real deal. Wonder what this means for bubba
I'm hoping they have Suarez and Bubba full-time in the #18 and #20 next year. Kenseth isn't really ever a factor in Nationwide races. Suarez is supposed to have some Telcel backing and Bubba Coca-Cola support. Sadler's time may be running out.

I'm hoping they have Suarez and Bubba full-time in the #18 and #20 next year. Kenseth isn't really ever a factor in Nationwide races. Suarez is supposed to have some Telcel backing and Bubba Coca-Cola support. Sadler's time may be running out.

Kind of what I was thinking. Really like Bubba, and want his ass in a Toyota for life.

I'm pretty sure he is going to stay at JGR. He still has Main Financial behind him, so I'm pretty sure he is going to be set in the #11. Not unless he decides to go back to Cup racing, which I doubt.

I'm pretty sure he is going to stay at JGR. He still has Main Financial behind him, so I'm pretty sure he is going to be set in the #11. Not unless he decides to go back to Cup racing, which I doubt.
OneMain follow him everywhere (KHI > RCR > JGR) so he could take his money somewhere else. JGR has too much young talent waiting in the wings. Drew Herring never got a fair shake and fell off the map pretty quickly.

16ortho-fireants.jpg

^ I dig it.

If Stenhouse and Bayne continue to muck it up. Greg can spray them down with that, say its testing out the sponsorship product.

Good for Hornish, I was a little worried they'd cut to just one car.

I like that next year it looks like there will be 29 guys (vs 28 this year) that can realistically compete for a top 10-15.
Hendrick - 4 (Gordon, Johnson, Jr, Kahne)
SHR - 4 (Stewart, Harvick, Busch, Danica)
Gibbs - 4 (Kenseth, Busch, Edwards, Hamlin)
Childress - 3 (Menard, Newman, Dillon)
Roush - 3 (Biffle, Stenhouse, Bayne)
Penske - 2 (Keselowski, Logano)
MWR - 2 (Bowyer, Vickers)
EGR - 2 (McMurray, Larson)
RPM - 2 (Almirola, Hornish)
Single - 3 (Truex Jr., Mears, Allmendinger)

Really only 3 changes too, Bayne for Edwards, Hornish for Ambrose, and Edwards a new car.

Good for Hornish, I was a little worried they'd cut to just one car.

I like that next year it looks like there will be 29 guys (vs 28 this year) that can realistically compete for a top 10-15.
Hendrick - 4 (Gordon, Johnson, Jr, Kahne)
SHR - 4 (Stewart, Harvick, Busch, Danica)
Gibbs - 4 (Kenseth, Busch, Edwards, Hamlin)
Childress - 3 (Menard, Newman, Dillon)
Roush - 3 (Biffle, Stenhouse, Bayne)
Penske - 2 (Keselowski, Logano)
MWR - 2 (Bowyer, Vickers)
EGR - 2 (McMurray, Larson)
RPM - 2 (Almirola, Hornish)
Single - 3 (Truex Jr., Mears, Allmendinger)

Really only 3 changes too, Bayne for Edwards, Hornish for Ambrose, and Edwards a new car.
I look at it like that way too

Sponsorship stuff:

Hendrick Motorsports

Jeff Gordon’s car is sold out. Drive to End Hunger will be the primary sponsor for 13 races with 3M the primary for 11 races. The remaining races will feature Panasonic, PepsiCo and Axalta.

Jimmie Johnson’s car is sold out with Lowe’s and its brands.

Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s car has 11 races yet to be sold. He’ll have Nationwide as a primary sponsor for 21 races, PepsiCo for five races and Kelley Blue Book for one. Nationwide originally was scheduled to be the primary sponsor for 12 races but added nine races after The National Guard announced it would not return next season.

Kasey Kahne’s car has 10 races yet to be sold. He’ll have Farmers Insurance on for 12 races, Great Clips for 10, Time Warner Cable for five and PepsiCo for one.

Team Penske

Joey Logano’s car is sold out. Shell-Pennzoil will be on the car for 32 races (it will be on the car for 33 races this year). The American Automobile Association (AAA) will be on the car for three races and AutoTrader for one.

Brad Keselowski’s car will have Miller Lite back along with Alliance Truck Parts and Detroit Genuine Parts. An announcement is expected soon on another sponsor that will help fill out next season’s sponsorship.

Joe Gibbs Racing

Primary sponsorship on Matt Kensth’s car is sold out with Dollar General on the car for 30 races next year (up from 27 this year) and DeWalt taking the other six points races.

Kyle Busch’s car also is sold out with primary sponsorship from the Mars brands and Interstate Batteries. Denny Hamlin’s car is sold out with primary sponsorships from FedEx and Sport Clips.

Carl Edwards joins the team next season and has a few races left on his car. Arris, a new sponsor to the sport, will be the primary sponsor for 17 races with Stanley on the car for 12 races. Dave Alpern, JGR’s chief marketing officer, says four races are about to be sold, which would leave three races left. That gives JGR the opportunity to allow a company to try the Sprint Cup series in a limited role and without spending too much money.

“What’s neat about (Edwards’) car is that you have a technology company (Arris) and a tried-and-true brand in Stanley partnered together,’’ Alpern said.

Stewart-Haas Racing

A team official said that the team’s sponsors are back next season.

Kevin Harvick’s car again will feature Budweiser and Jimmy John’s as primary sponsors for a majority of the races. The team recently announced that DiTech Mortgage Company will serve as a primary sponsor for two races next year.

Tony Stewart’s car will have Mobil 1, Bass Pro Shops and Code 3 on the car with GoDaddy and Aspen Dental on Danica Patrick’s car next year. Kurt Busch’s car again will have Haas Automation and State Water Heaters.

Roush Fenway Racing

While Steve Nemark, president of Roush Fenway Racing, says that the organization has sold more primary sponsorship at this time than a year ago, there are still some races left for two of the team’s three cars.

The team previously announced that Ortho will be a sponsor on Greg Biffle’s car next season. The team has yet to announce a pending agreement with another company. That deal will leave about no more than eight races left on Biffle’s car for next season.

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will be sponsored by Fastenal, Zest and Fifth Third, among others. Newmark said about eight races remain to fill Stenhouse’s car for next season.

Trevor Bayne joins the team next season and will have Advocare as his primary sponsor the car for the races in 2015.

Richard Childress Racing

Quicken Loans and Caterpillar return to Ryan Newman’s team next season. Ben Schlosser, chief marketing officer at Richard Childress Racing, said that they are “still working through a couple of pieces, but it’s in pretty good shape’‘ with Newman’s car.

Dow and American Ethanol are among the companies back on Austin Dillon’s car with more renewals expected to be announced soon. With those deals in place, Schlosser said they have “a pretty small amount” left to fill on Dillon’s car.

Paul Menard again will be sponsored by Menards and its vendor partners next season.

Chip Ganassi Racing

The organization celebrated its 25th year with Target this season and that relationship will continue next year on Kyle Larson’s car. Target and its brands will be the primary sponsor on Larson’s car for all of next season.

McDonald’s and Cessna will return to Jamie McMurray’s team. Steve Lauletta, president of Chip Ganassi Racing, said both companies are increasing their number of races as a primary sponsor but declined to say how many races for each. Already this season, the two companies have been the primary sponsor or co-primary sponsor in 29 races, including non-points events.

“If you ask me, with the reach of this sport, with the business-to-business opportunities of this sport, with the consumer passion of this sport, almost every company could do something, it’s just being creative enough to find out what the something is,’’ Lauletta said.

JTG Daugherty Racing

Car owners Tad and Jodi Geschickter and Brad Daugherty will again have a variety of companies serving as the primary sponsor on AJ Allmendinger’s car next season.

Kimberly-Clark Corporation, whose brands include Scott, Kleenex and Huggies, among others, will be a primary sponsor for eight races. Clorox and Kingsford will be a primary sponsor for nine races. Bush’s Baked Beans will be a primary sponsor for eight races. Southeastern Mills has two races,as does Charter Communications, and House-Autry Mills for one race. Tad Geschickter says the team is in negotiations with a company for five races.

He said being in the Chase this year provided added value for the organization. Since the team didn’t earn a spot in the Chase until Allmendinger’s win at Watkins Glen two months ago, he said it’s hard to tell if there was a bump because some deals were already done or talks underway.

Richard Petty Motorsports

Brian Moffitt, chief executive officer for Richard Petty Motorsports, says that Smithfield and STP will be back on Aric Almirola’s car next season, leaving a couple of open races on that car.

On the car Sam Hornish Jr. will drive next season, the team has only announced that Twisted Tea will be back. Moffitt said they hope to be able to announce a sponsor for that car in about two weeks. Once that deal is complete, Moffitt said the team will have half the races unsold for that car.

“We’re looking in good shape,’’ he said. “We’re having a lot of discussions. Now that we were able to announce Sam (as the team’s new driver), that should help us lock in some of this sponsorship.’’

Moffitt said that having Almirola in the Chase “opened up a lot more doors for us. Any time you’re performing like that and you’re being talked about it just continues to show that we’ve been improving all year.’’

Michael Waltrip Racing

Clint Bowyer’s car again will have 5-hour Energy next season. Ty Norris, executive vice president of business development for Michael Waltrip Racing, said that 5-hour Energy will be on the car for 24 races. Peak will the primary sponsor for three races and AAA Insurance will be back for two races. That leaves some races remaining on that car.

“We need to get the car filled,’’ Norris said. “It puts a lot of pressures in other areas to not have those full. I would hope we would be able to get something done in the next few months before we hit Daytona.’’

Among the races open on Bowyer’s car are Atlanta (second race of the year), Indianapolis and the Texas race in the Chase - races that can provide a higher profile than others because of their place on the schedule, market size or location in the Chase.

Brian Vickers’ car is sold with Aaron’s back for all the races next season.

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...015-Sponsorships-In-Place-For-Many-Teams.aspx

Back
Top Bottom