2015 Charlotte Media Tour

Like MW or not, and for most of you that's a not, I think it's great to see him continue in the sport as an owner putting some decent drivers in competitive cars. :cool:

B8XK1kDIUAAGPxb.jpg:large

Michael Waltrip announces Brett Moffitt will drive the No. 55 car at Atlanta in place of Brian Vickers.

@ClaireBLang

"We're committed -we're not doing this for practice.we're doing this to win," Rob Kauffman @MWRteam "Super competitive sport"

@JennaFryer

"The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. I'm still kicking. Still walking," says @BrianLVickers

Like MW or not, and for most of you that's a not, I think it's great to see him continue in the sport as an owner putting some decent drivers in competitive cars. :cool:
I don't mind him being an owner. I just wish that he would be like other owners and stay behind the scenes instead of constantly putting his foot in his mouth and stay off of the damned airwaves.

I used to be into the ratings but pretty much got away from it. For a few reasons...

One, They don't affect me in any way. The ratings in my house for NASCAR are @ 100% and still holding strong.

Two, Everything that I ever read on sports television ratings show that they are declining across the board. Hell, I think Monday Night Football just suffered their lowest ratings this past season. It's not just NASCAR.

Three, The people that are most concerned about ratings, FOX and NBC, signed long term, Billion $ contracts to carry the sport. They've shown that they are committed to the sport.

While others on here are counting empty seats, looking up ratings on Monday's and bitching about the on air talent, I'm just sitting back watching some great racing. Life is good. :cool:

$8.2 billion is the only "rating" that matters.

I dont believe the point is that the ratings are bad, its that they continue to fall compared to previous seasons. For various reasons.

The $8.2 billion scares me a little. I'm afraid the races are going to be 75% commercials so the networks can recoup their investment.

I don't mind him being an owner. I just wish that he would be like other owners and stay behind the scenes instead of constantly putting his foot in his mouth and stay off of the damned airwaves.

Mikey's profits from his share of MWR go to his ex Buffy.
He gets the money from doing commercials and TV appearances.

J/K :)

The $8.2 billion scares me a little. I'm afraid the races are going to be 75% commercials so the networks can recoup their investment.

NBC's trying to make NBCSN relevant. Right now, it's the hockey network and, as we all know, hockey only has like seven viewers in the United States.

@bobpockrass

RPM will hang its own bodies in 2015. Will still work with Roush Fenway on engineering side. RPM added 35 people.

I think I must be the only one on here watching these. :confused:

Oh well, I'll try to keep posting them as a reminder when their sessions are starting for those that are interested.

There's some good stuff in there during their Q&A sessions. I'm interested in the HMS session today to hear JG's response to BK's statements from yesterday.

I think I must be the only one on here watching these. :confused:

Oh well, I'll try to keep posting them as a reminder when their sessions are starting for those that are interested.

There's some good stuff in there during their Q&A sessions. I'm interested in the HMS session today to hear JG's response to BK's statements from yesterday.
I'm too busy to keep up with it DP. What did BK say?

Brad Keselowski not backing down from fights, aggressive style

“You get in a wreck and a fight racing for 20th, that doesn’t make SportsCenter. You get in a wreck and a fight with a previous champion racing for a championship and going for a win, you are probably doing the right things. Most people might not see it that way, but I do.”

Keselowski has not patched things up with Gordon and doesn’t plan to. He had little to say Wednesday about Gordon’s recent announcement that he would retire from full-time racing after this season.

Told that Gordon said recently that he wouldn’t be inviting Keselowski to dinner, he quipped, “I thought we were racing, I didn’t know we were getting invited to dinner.”

Asked if he worried about Gordon and other drivers racing him differently this season, he said, “Not if I’m in front of them. If I am in front of them, I won’t have to worry about that, and that’s where all my effort has been put into.”

And he’s OK with more post-race fights or confrontations — within reason — if that’s what it takes and what it comes to.

“If I make someone pull out a knife or gun, I’m not OK with that,” he said. “Am I OK with someone being upset? Yeah, absolutely. You should be upset when you don’t win. I get upset when I don’t win. But is there a line? Absolutely.”

You can read more on it here

Brad Keselowski not backing down from fights, aggressive style

“You get in a wreck and a fight racing for 20th, that doesn’t make SportsCenter. You get in a wreck and a fight with a previous champion racing for a championship and going for a win, you are probably doing the right things. Most people might not see it that way, but I do.”

Keselowski has not patched things up with Gordon and doesn’t plan to. He had little to say Wednesday about Gordon’s recent announcement that he would retire from full-time racing after this season.

Told that Gordon said recently that he wouldn’t be inviting Keselowski to dinner, he quipped, “I thought we were racing, I didn’t know we were getting invited to dinner.”

Asked if he worried about Gordon and other drivers racing him differently this season, he said, “Not if I’m in front of them. If I am in front of them, I won’t have to worry about that, and that’s where all my effort has been put into.”

And he’s OK with more post-race fights or confrontations — within reason — if that’s what it takes and what it comes to.

“If I make someone pull out a knife or gun, I’m not OK with that,” he said. “Am I OK with someone being upset? Yeah, absolutely. You should be upset when you don’t win. I get upset when I don’t win. But is there a line? Absolutely.”

You can read more on it here
Thanks DP.

Back
Top Bottom