2015 - Jeff Gordon to Represent 3M

Yet another blow to the Roush camp. Where does that leave Biffle? Did he resign with Roush yet?

With Hendrick poaching all of Roush's sponsors, maybe he should redirect his hate for Toyota to HMS. ;)

Primary sponsors for Jeff Gordon in 2015:

AARP 13 races
3M 11 races
Axalta Racing 10 races
Panasonic & Pepsi 2 races each

Guess this'll start the "I thought he was gonna retire" crap again. :D

CONCORD, N.C. – 3M will join 11-time Sprint Cup Series champions Hendrick Motorsports beginning with the 2015 NASCAR season when it will become a primary sponsor of driver Jeff Gordon and his No. 24 Chevrolet SS team.

The new relationship will feature 3M as a primary sponsor in 11 Sprint Cup races annually and as an associate-level partner in all other events. The agreement covers the 2015, 2016 and 2017 NASCAR seasons.

So they took too long screwing around with their drivers contracts that their biggest sponsor decided to jump ship?

Must be really tough to be a Roush fan right now, this loss is going to hurt big time.

Guess this'll start the "I thought he was gonna retire" crap again. :D

CONCORD, N.C. – 3M will join 11-time Sprint Cup Series champions Hendrick Motorsports beginning with the 2015 NASCAR season when it will become a primary sponsor of driver Jeff Gordon and his No. 24 Chevrolet SS team.

The new relationship will feature 3M as a primary sponsor in 11 Sprint Cup races annually and as an associate-level partner in all other events. The agreement covers the 2015, 2016 and 2017 NASCAR seasons.

I hope this means Jeff will be driving through 2017. It could just mean that 3M will be with HMS through 2017.

Hopefully they totally revamp their paint schemes. Biffle consistently has on of the ugliest cars in Cup.

I hope this means Jeff will be driving through 2017. It could just mean that 3M will be with HMS through 2017.

Hopefully they totally revamp their paint schemes. Biffle consistently has on of the ugliest cars in Cup.

True, and in contrast I'd say over the past 4 or 5 years Gordon has had some of the best paint schemes. I loved that pearl red to black drive to end hunger scheme.

I hope jeff races for many more years. Guess that thread about him caring can die.

Roush Fenway Racing:
An underachiever (Greg Biffle) as the senior member on the raceteam.
Two unproven and over-rated young drivers.
A loss of another major sponsor.

What the hell is biffle going to do? I thought he was pretty solid with 3m.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee, Biffle.

@nascarcasm

Jack Roush is not going down without a fight

Bu2gLHzIYAAc9Ip.jpg

Gonna be really weird.

I desperately hope it leads to some creative Paint Scheme's though. If it is the normal 3M paint job I'm gonna be sad.

Put some flames on that 3M car
3M doesn't seem to understand that you don't just slap a standard billboard on a car. It's got to be a cool representation of one to draw attention to the product. Like you said, put some flames on it.

3M doesn't seem to understand that you don't just slap a standard billboard on a car. It's got to be a cool representation of one to draw attention to the product. Like you said, put some flames on it.
I don't care how they paint it. Put it in victory lane for a change. It'll get some attention. These cars all look better in victory lane.

I don't care how they paint it. Put it in victory lane for a change. It'll get some attention. These cars all look better in victory lane.
Yes you do. What if they put Jr. in a pink kitty cat car and firesuit like kybu had. You would bust a blood vessel. :D

kyle_busch_weird_face_kimmy.jpg

Roush Fenway Racing:
An underachiever (Greg Biffle) as the senior member on the raceteam.
Two unproven and over-rated young drivers.
A loss of another major sponsor.

He's got 54 wins across the 3 major series, that's good for 16th in all time wins to add to a Truck and Nationwide titles. I wouldn't say he's an underachiever, I'd say he's past his prime and not elite. He's still had an amazing career at Roush.

He's got 54 wins across the 3 major series, that's good for 16th in all time wins to add to a Truck and Nationwide titles. I wouldn't say he's an underachiever, I'd say he's past his prime and not elite. He's still had an amazing career at Roush.
Underachiever? LOL. I didn't see that post until you pointed that out. Man, these keyboard warriors are tough to please on this forum. Too much.

Now this thread got me laughing. When Roush STEALS a sponsor from another organization, it's sustained caterwauling. When the shoe's on the other foot, unicorns and butterflies. :XXROFL:

Now this thread got me laughing. When Roush STEALS a sponsor from another organization, it's sustained caterwauling. When the shoe's on the other foot, unicorns and butterflies. :XXROFL:
Who knows if Roush told 3M to gtfo to bring in these shiny new sponsors?

Flashback to the Biff this past May.....

Biffle said earlier this week on SIRIUS/XM NASCAR Radio’s "Dialed In" that negotiations are continuing with current sponsor 3M to extend the company’s deal to back Biffle’s No. 16 Ford. While nothing is imminent in terms of finalizing a new contract, Biffle says talks are continuing in the right direction.

"We have a great relationship. They're very happy with the program," said Biffle. "There is a bunch of new people trying to get their arms around all of the business. They've got a lot of business units inside that '3M' ... which likes having all these sponsors in the garage part of one company. This is a big deal for them."

While Biffle is adamant about his desire to remain with RFR and the positive direction of the 3M negotiations, he reiterated what he said earlier this week: he’s not losing any sleep over his future, which may or may not involve Roush.

"My concentration is coming here and figuring out with (crew chief Matt) Puccia how we get this car as fast as we can get it, qualify up front and try to win this race," said Biffle. "That's my focus and ultimately, I’ve got options. This isn’t the only place, you know. "I'm gonna have a job.

from here

Who knows if Roush told 3M to gtfo to bring in these shiny new sponsors?

They're going to spin it like it's a new and exciting opportunity, but make no mistake about it, this is a blow to Roush. 3M has been one of the premier, full time sponsors of NASCAR for years. No way in hell would they have told them to GTFO.

The way Biffle was talking earlier, it sounded like he just assumed they'd be with him, and the only question was which team would he be driving for. What I'd really like to know, is when did HMS swoop in? I think it's an easy sell for them, what sponsor wouldn't want a chance to be on Gordon's car?

Here's Jeff's new paint scheme. View attachment 14204

Looks to be a Jaguar S type, symbolizing the most forgettable era in the entire history of Jaguar. If you think it looks like a Taurus, you're not crazy; turns out Ford in their infinite wisdom thought they could build a Jag off spare parts in the leftover bin.

Could be 3 M was blunt and said sorry Jack but your team isn't performing. We're going to leave and sponsor a team that does perform and gives us the most bang for the bucks we spend.

This is all text book Stockholm Syndromes.

When Jeff lost his desire to drive, the hostage takers used 3M products to tie Gordon up, and force him to remain in the seat.

He must be impressed with the quality of the product, to forget all the other stuff.

wow...and here i thought 3M were going to stay with the bif....but happy jeff gordon has full sponsorship now

Always tough to see a team lose a sponsor that needs one, going to a team that doesn't. Makes you wonder if Roush can keep three cars going next year.

People don't realize that Greg was basically 29-30 years old in the then Craftsman truck series.

Similar to a Damon Hill starting in F1 at the age of 33...

This UNDERACHIEVER is an easily HOF ballot worthy.

People don't realize that Greg was basically 29-30 years old in the then Craftsman truck series.

Similar to a Damon Hill starting in F1 at the age of 33...

This UNDERACHIEVER is an easily HOF ballot worthy.
Yeah, Greg was a 33-year old Cup rookie, a rarity these days when most rookies are seemingly just a few days removed from diapers.

Back
Top Bottom