2015 - Jeff Gordon to Represent 3M

Always tough to see a team lose a sponsor that needs one, going to a team that doesn't. Makes you wonder if Roush can keep three cars going next year.

I wonder as well and although my driver left RFR in 2012, I still don't take any pleasure in his former employer losing a sponsor nor do I have any interest in seeing less competition in Nascar.

WTF do people want...43 cars fielded by HMS?

People don't realize that Greg was basically 29-30 years old in the then Craftsman truck series.

Similar to a Damon Hill starting in F1 at the age of 33...

This UNDERACHIEVER is an easily HOF ballot worthy.

Absolutely, while his Cup career may have left some wanting more; his entire body of work is rivalled by few. Perhaps he will never complete the "triple crown", but IMO he's a HOFer based on his total NASCAR career. He's kind of in the same boat as Harvick. Spent a lot of years with one organization, and doesn't have a Cup championship to his name. However if you look at what they've done across all the major series they both deserve to be in the HOF IMO.

Personallies I think 3Ms is making a mistake leaving a Ford race car. Adhesives work best on flimsy materials that aint strong enough to connect and perform any other way. Henceforths one can visuallize a Ford engineered product benefiting from such a band aid.

Whereas when a Chevrolet wins...well it was a Chevrolet what did you expect.

Obviously not, they just want one car fielded...the 24 car. That way Gordon can win every race and every championship for the rest of his career.

I can see it now..the Gordo fans will want flames, and this and that. But heaven forbid Gordo goes into a slump with 3M on there. Bad ju ju stealing a sponsor..remember what has happened to Roush for doing that. What goes around comes around. Baaaad medicine I tell ya.:growl:

Glad to see 3M on board. Flames or no flames, I couldn't care less. I just want it to look good. Not like that stupid Panasonic scheme he ran this year.

That being said, I've always liked the flame paint jobs the most. Well I guess the original rainbow scheme will always be my favorite, but I never want to see it again unless Dupont is on the car. Wouldn't look right otherwise.

Some of Biffle's 3M schemes have looked good, but most are a solid "meh". Is Sam Bass still designing all of Gordon's paint jobs?

Absolutely, while his Cup career may have left some wanting more; his entire body of work is rivalled by few. Perhaps he will never complete the "triple crown", but IMO he's a HOFer based on his total NASCAR career. He's kind of in the same boat as Harvick. Spent a lot of years with one organization, and doesn't have a Cup championship to his name. However if you look at what they've done across all the major series they both deserve to be in the HOF IMO.
Agreed, I don't think most fans realize he had the most wins and was a blown tire away (Texas I think) from the Cup in 05 which would have made him the only driver to complete the championship hat trick. Roush has been going backwards since the COT so I don't see the 16 being competitive but I think he can help mentor some of the young bucks at RFR and there will be a HOF spot for him down the road

Last edited by a moderator:
This up on Jayski:

Roush Fenway President Steve Newmark said in a statement. "We have some exciting '15 partnership announcements for the No. 16 coming up in the next few weeks and look forward to sharing those soon."(Sporting News)
AND Greg Biffle tweeted Tuesday evening, "I am excited to announce our new sponsor in a few weeks!!! Wish we could do it now but you know how contracts are !!!".(8-13-2014)

I'm glad the Biffle is getting a new sponsor. Hopefully it's a good one that sitcks around for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom