Is Kyle Busch Ruining NASCAR?

Sorry you didn't understand my Canadian way of saying it. I'll try again.

Kyle could have 6 wins and 6 DNF and he wouldn't get a sniff of the championship except under this bastard format.

Kyle Busch is my least favorite driver, but everything Brian France has done since 2004 comes before Kyle in a list of things ruining the sport. Actually, it's good to have a superstar to hate again. If Kyle's in the lead, I will always be rooting for whoever is in second!

Even more than NASCAR ruining NASCAR the NFL (Would a kid in boston want to be like Jeff Gordon or tom Brady ) , climate change, effective public transportation reducing licenses, and the iphone have ruined NASCAR,

Times change and for whatever reasons American Motorsports in general have taken it on the chin from the younger generations. It is quite possible that Tony George and Brian France accelerated the problem but younger kids just don't seem to have the passion for an internal combustion engine with 4 wheels like my generation had. I was back home in Ontario recently and spoke with a half dozen kids who were all 20 or 21 and out of the group only one had a drivers license and he didn't drive much.

Kyle Busch is my least favorite driver, but everything Brian France has done since 2004 comes before Kyle in a list of things ruining the sport. Actually, it's good to have a superstar to hate again. If Kyle's in the lead, I will always be rooting for whoever is in second!

There are lots of drivers to dislike today including Kyle, Yap Yap, Horse Face and the Dork. Of course old Eeyore (Denny Hamlin) has been quiet lately but could become hated again in an instant as could be the case for the former Jug Eared driver of the 41 car. Some people are still mad at Kenseth but he also got a ton of love for dealing with the Dork.

Kind of like my 2 favorite NCAAF teams are the 'Noles and whoever is playing Notre Dame that week.

These eras where one driver dominates do suck some fans away from the sport IMO . An interesting exercise , (don`t know if it means anything) is to look at your favorite driver`s second place finishes and see how many were to Jeff Gordon , Jimmie Johnson , and Kyle Busch . I did it for Clint Bowyer and Ryan Newman , just for fun , and found they would have six additional wins each . Not a lot , but possibly the difference in going into the HOF for Newman.

I don't think Kyle is ruining NASCAR, but he should consider dropping out of the Xfinity series. He's won 7 or 11 races he's entered this year. He also has (3) 2nd place finishes, and a 4th place finish. It's like shooting fish in a barrel for him ... he's head and shoulders above that competition, and it would be nice to see the younger guys get more shots at victory lane in the future. He's a top driver in Cup, but he's not dominating that circuit.

These eras where one driver dominates do suck some fans away from the sport IMO . An interesting exercise , (don`t know if it means anything) is to look at your favorite driver`s second place finishes and see how many were to Jeff Gordon , Jimmie Johnson , and Kyle Busch . I did it for Clint Bowyer and Ryan Newman , just for fun , and found they would have six additional wins each . Not a lot , but possibly the difference in going into the HOF for Newman.

Don't worry as at the rate they are putting people in the HOF South Bend's finest is a shoe in. Hell, Bill Broderick and Lennie Pond will probably head the class of 2022.

I don't think Kyle is ruining NASCAR, but he should consider dropping out of the Xfinity series. He's won 7 or 11 races he's entered this year. He also has (3) 2nd place finishes, and a 4th place finish. It's like shooting fish in a barrel for him ... he's head and shoulders above that competition, and it would be nice to see the younger guys get more shots at victory lane in the future. He's a top driver in Cup, but he's not dominating that circuit.

IMO the entire Truck and X Series should be reorganized and amalgamated with a clear mission statement that does not allow cuppers to race in the lesser series.

IMO the entire Truck and X Series should be reorganized and amalgamated with a clear mission statement that does not allow cuppers to race in the lesser series.
I don't mind Cup guys racing in Xfinity and Trucks occasionally, but I don't want to see it all the time. I always thought it would be a good idea to institute a 50 race cap across the three major series'. That way a full-time Cupper could start no more than a combined 14 races in Xfinity and Trucks. I know there's too much $ involved with Cup guys in the lower series' to ever make that happen though.

I dont like Kyle, never will. But he isnt ruining nascar. Nascar is doing a fine job of that on their own, Every rule change makes the cars farther apart. Pocono this weekend will probably duplicate Indy. Single file and all spread out. There is ZERO competition lately. What happened to side by side racing? or 5 cars within 1 second of each other? On a different note, no one team has dominated since last year at Indy except gibbs Never seen all 4 hendricks cars running in the top 5 ( well occasionally at plate races for a few laps)
Haas cars all in the top 10? but all the gibbs cars seem to show up at every track and qualify near the top and run there all day. People compare Jimmie or Jeff to kyle, but on a single racer scale. the gibbs team has all 5 cars in the top 6 at every stinkin race which is boring and makes people think that they have a huge advantage, either giving to them by nascar( backed by toyoter cash) or a secret which no one can figure out? My money is on the 1st option.

I don't mind Cup guys racing in Xfinity and Trucks occasionally, but I don't want to see it all the time. I always thought it would be a good idea to institute a 50 race cap across the three major series'. That way a full-time Cupper could start no more than a combined 14 races in Xfinity and Trucks. I know there's too much $ involved with Cup guys in the lower series' to ever make that happen though.

I can see the need/desire for a cup driver to enter into certain events especially if a race is in his sponsors home town. From what I understand the X series exists for Kyle fans who can't differentiate cup wins from X wins and you can't ruin a series any better then that.

I can see the need/desire for a cup driver to enter into certain events especially if a race is in his sponsors home town. From what I understand the X series exists for Kyle fans who can't differentiate cup wins from X wins and you can't ruin a series any better then that.
I like Kyle, but when he runs Xfinity it's kind of like if Usain Bolt were to run in your local 5K.

The interesting thing about Kyle's dominance is that he only gets it done in JGR cars. When he raced out of his own shop with his brother and a big sponsor they did nothing. Joey Logano was also dominant when driving JGR cars. So I am giving the credit to the cars and not the driver.

It's all about driver perception. Kyle is a pompous something or other. Back in 85 when Elliott stunk up the series with 11 wins I don't remeber anyone complaining, it was quite the opposite. New guy, showed up from nowhere, everybody loved him.
That's what happens when you smash guitars in victory lane. LOL

It's all about driver perception. Kyle is a pompous something or other. Back in 85 when Elliott stunk up the series with 11 wins I don't remeber anyone complaining, it was quite the opposite. New guy, showed up from nowhere, everybody loved him.

For sure as Bill, Ernie and Harry got it done and there was good rivalry between Bill and Dale. People loved Bill because he was genuine and not a horsesass like so many of the entitled little bitches today.

I've only warmed to Kyle in the last few years, the guy was a mega-douche until around 2012 or so (although many would argue he still is). I think the consequences of the Hornaday incident in late 2011 woke him up a bit, and he seems to have matured a lot since then.

You need a score card to keep track of all Kyle's missteps. I am surprised as some folks really like his schtick as they think it is macho and cool I guess but it doesn't play where I come from. Harry Gant could still break every bone in Kyle's hand with one of his medium handshakes!
Harry Gant was a badass. Even at 76 he could probably still take Kyle. :p

I've only warmed to Kyle in the last few years, the guy was a mega-douche until around 2012 or so (although many would argue he still is). I think the consequences of the Hornaday incident in late 2011 woke him up a bit, and he seems to have matured a lot since then.

I have always thought of Kyle as a premier wheelman and I agree he has been a solid citizen for the last few years but I believe it is more a result of Mars/M&M reading him the riot act. I still think he is a total douche as illustrated by the way he handled a press conference after a race this year and his crappy attitude when he is sulking because things didn't go his way. I suspect he was never taken out to the woodshed as a child. Cue Aunties Dr. Phil and Oprah remarks.

The interesting thing about Kyle's dominance is that he only gets it done in JGR cars. When he raced out of his own shop with his brother and a big sponsor they did nothing. Joey Logano was also dominant when driving JGR cars. So I am giving the credit to the cars and not the driver.
Yeah ... any idiot could drive those Gibbs cars. :rolleyes:

KBM certainly wasn't up to the Gibbs standard in Buschwide ... can't argue that. I will counter with their effort in the Truck series. 51 wins in 308 races.

Linda Dunkle ‏@linda_dunkle 5h5 hours ago
@KevinHarvick THAT AIN'T!!I'M FOR ANY DRIVER THAT CAN PUT HIM OUT! DON'T CARE HOW!! HE IS AROGARNT SELF CENTERD BUTT HEAD! DIE FIRST!!

The above "tweet" from some chickee who's a big Harvick fan was sent in response to a Harvick post from yesterday showing a pic of his son driving his kart in the driveway ... captioned "He's jumping on the Kyle Busch bandwagon."

Sounds like KB is rooning more than NASCAR.

I think sitting out for several weeks after his Daytona '15 accident also did wonders for his attitude, even more that his championship.

Linda Dunkle ‏@linda_dunkle 5h5 hours ago
@KevinHarvick THAT AIN'T!!I'M FOR ANY DRIVER THAT CAN PUT HIM OUT! DON'T CARE HOW!! HE IS AROGARNT SELF CENTERD BUTT HEAD! DIE FIRST!!

The above "tweet" from some chickee who's a big Harvick fan was sent in response to a Harvick post from yesterday showing a pic of his son driving his kart in the driveway ... captioned "He's jumping on the Kyle Busch bandwagon."

Sounds like KB is rooning more than NASCAR.
Another reason for me to continue avoiding Twitter like a rabid pit bull with his own swarm of Zeka mosquitoes.

You need a score card to keep track of all Kyle's missteps. I am surprised as some folks really like his schtick as they think it is macho and cool I guess but it doesn't play where I come from. Harry Gant could still break every bone in Kyle's hand with one of his medium handshakes!

Skoalbandit33, I don't think I've ever heard anyone call Kyle either "macho" or "cool".

Team Penske, I say it's definitely the cars. Whoever they put in those cars "gets it done". I've liked Hornish since he was in IRL/Indycar, but he never set the stock car world on fire, hadn't raced in over a year, comes back for one race and absolutely dominates Iowa.... :idunno:

I don't recall exactly when he-man strength and heavyweight contender fighting skills disappeared as prerequisites for being a good driver, but it's been a while. I saw Bobby and Donnie and Cale having a gropefest on the Daytona backstretch in 1979, and that was a pussified thing for sure.

I don't recall exactly when he-man strength and heavyweight contender fighting skills disappeared as prerequisites for being a good driver, but it's been a while. I saw Bobby and Donnie and Cale having a gropefest on the Daytona backstretch in 1979, and that was a pussified thing for sure.
When power steering was introduced, combined with lighter weight cars.

It's not all car and it's not all driver.
The entire team and crew is what puts up the win numbers.
. When did the newer fans stop understanding this? Was it because the talking heads on tv stopped talking about it? I remember Benny and Ned used to talk about teams , but I guess it has been dropped for emphasis on the 'star power' of individual drivers . Another part of Nascar gone .

Another reason for me to continue avoiding Twitter like a rabid pit bull with his own swarm of Zeka mosquitoes.

There may be some great uses for Twitter but I have yet to think of any that would benefit me and I stay away from social media in general anyway. I know have have zero interest in what any athlete, driver, celebrity or politician thinks about anything and I don't care to know where they are, how they feel or what they are doing. Even thinking of that stuff takes me back 34 year to the lyrical genius of Moon Unit Zappa when she crooned "It's like barf me out. Gag me with a spoon!"

Back
Top Bottom