2015 Las Vegas - Kobalt Tolls 400 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Full schedule for Vegas doubleheader

The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR XFINITY Series head to Las Vegas Motor Speedway for a doubleheader of NASCAR action, while the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series takes the week off. Check out the full schedule below.

All times are ET
THURSDAY, MARCH 5:

LIVE EVENT-- 9 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series hauler parade on Las Vegas Blvd. (Watch live)
FRIDAY, MARCH 6:

ON TRACK-- 3-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 4:30-5:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 6-7:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 7:45 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)
-- Post-NASCAR Sprint Cup Series qualifying

GARAGECAM (Watch live)
-- 2:30 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
-- 4 p.m. ET: NASCAR XFINITY Series
SATURDAY, MARCH 7:

ON TRACK-- 11:30 a.m.-12:25 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 12:45 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FOX Sports 2 (Follow live)
-- 2:30-3:25 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FOX Sports 1 (Follow live)
-- 4 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Boyd Gaming 300, FOX Sports 1 (200 laps, 300 miles) (Follow live)
-- Post-NASCAR XFINITY Series race
SUNDAY, MARCH 8:

ON TRACK
--3:30 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kobalt Tools 400, FOX (267 laps, 400.5 miles) (Follow live)

-- Post-NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race

EVENT SCHEDULE
Sprint Cup Series
Event Schedule times are local to the track
Thursday, March 5
7:00 PM NSCS HAULERS ENTER
Friday, March 6
6:30 AM - 7:00 PM NSCS GARAGE OPEN
11:00 AM NSCS ROOKIE & SPOTTER MEETINGS & RANDOM DRAWING
12:00 - 1:25 PM NSCS PRACTICE
4:45 PM NSCS QUALIFYING
Saturday, March 7
7:00 AM - 4:00 PM NSCS GARAGE OPEN
8:30 - 9:25 AM NSCS PRACTICE
11:30 AM - 12:25 PM NSCS FINAL PRACTICE
Sunday, March 8
7:30 AM NSCS GARAGE OPENS
9:00 AM 10:00 AM Speedway Children's Charity Track Walk
10:30 AM NSCS DRIVER / CREW CHIEF MEETING
12:00 PM NSCS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
12:30 PM PM) NSCS RACE
NSCS = Sprint Cup Series
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
All event schedule times above are listed in LOCAL track time​

PRACTICE & QUALIFYING
Dates / Times / TV coverage

(these times in eastern time)
  • Practices:
    Friday, March 6, 3:00 - 4:25 pm/et, TV-FS1
    Saturday, March 7, 11:30 am - 12:25 pm/et, TV-FS1
  • Happy Hour 'Final' practice: Saturday, March 7, 2:30 - 3:25 am/et, TV-FS1
  • Qualifying: group qualifying for positions 1-36, Friday, March 6 at 7:45 pm/et, TV-FS1, re-air scheduled for 4:30am/et and 10:00am/et.

Weekend Weather.jpg

I think a Gibbs car will win at Vegas, have a feeling.

Gordon may be cutting it close.

If he has some sort of bad race at Las Vegas he'll be one of these guys next.
No kidding - the #24 is tied for 38th in Owner's Points right now with the #62 and #14.

I was wondering how long that sign would remain there. Now I know. :D

Well it was either that or steal Jeff Gordon's car from his trailer. Considering what happened with the #44 at Atlanta, security around the cars has gotten tighter than a nun's....well.... Anyways, stealing Jeff Gordon's car is out of the question.

Well it was either that or steal Jeff Gordon's car from his trailer. Considering what happened with the #44 at Atlanta, security around the cars has gotten tighter than a nun's....well.... Anyways, stealing Jeff Gordon's car is out of the question.
Yeah, the car would be tough. As far as the sign goes..... A cordless sawzall would be my tool of choice. Quick in and out. Not that I've done this thing before. I'm just lookin out for a follow forum member. ;)

That is absolutely the best flyover photograph that I've ever seen. This is number 2 on my hit parade.

Is that the '04 500? That was the first points race I'd ever gone to. We were actually sitting over there on the Superstretch.

This is how racing should be. No matter who you are, if you are not fast on Q day you should be sent home. Screw this owners points and past champions provisional crap.
Normally I would agree, but the change in qualifying format (especially at restrictor plate races) has me thinking otherwise now. If you still just went out on your own and put down a lap or two - sure.

03e9b05bee86e719f69f656940e33464.jpg

Brad Keselowski, driver of the #2 Miller Lite Ford, celebrates in victory lane after winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on March 9, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada

0310Nascar01_t320.JPG

Winner Las Vegas March 10, 2013
ab37b8cc3365d85e41514cbf05488b49.jpg

Tony Stewart wins Las Vegas 3/11/12 - Kobalt Tools 500

If you're a 6 time champion and the points leader you should be skilled enough to qualify for the race.
True, but those rare instances where they crash, cant get past inspection, flat tire, etc. could knock them out of the race, I think they should at least get some insurance so if that happens, they at least start the race.

Back
Top Bottom