2015 NASCAR Schedules

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
The 2015 schedules will be announced on Tuesday at 5pm on NBC Sports Network and FOX Sports 1.

We already know that Bristol's Spring race will be on April 19th.

I'd expect NASCAR to do some schedule shifting to make Daytona the 17th race of the year. As of this season, Kentucky is the 17th race of the year and I'm certain NASCAR will not allow Kentucky to mark the beginning of a $4.4 billion television package.

The 2015 schedules will be announced on Tuesday at 5pm on NBC Sports Network and FOX Sports 1.

We already know that Bristol's Spring race will be on April 19th.

I'd expect NASCAR to do some schedule shifting to make Daytona the 17th race of the year. As of this season, Kentucky is the 17th race of the year and I'm certain NASCAR will not allow Kentucky to mark the beginning of a $4.4 billion television package.
It may be but Daytona giving up the 4th of July weekend would be a tough call.

It may be but Daytona giving up the 4th of July weekend would be a tough call.

NASCAR would have to shift the schedule around to accommodate NBC and Daytona. I just can't envision any scenario in which NBC's $4.4 BILLION return to NASCAR kicks off with the lackluster "excitement" of "The Bluegrass". NBC's been promoting their return since the TV package was announced over a year ago. No way in hell NBC and NASCAR stand for that return being at Kentucky.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow evening.

Can they move some off weeks around so that the 17th race and Daytona fall on July 4th weekend?

Daytona was the 17th race in 2011. Homestead was a week later that year than it is now.

The other thing they can do is install an off week between Sonoma and Daytona like they did back in 2001, 2002 and 2003. Or move the off-week that precedes the Brickyard up.

Behave yourself kermit or I'll call miss piggy on ya. :D

That's been taken care of.

1451483_10151982309049437_1507994923_n.jpg

Schedule announcement, tomorrow @ 5pm on NBC Sports Network.

There's talk that there are a few other "surprises" and changes in the schedule. I'm 100% sure one of those is the Kentucky race being moved back to July, after Daytona, to ensure NBC's $4.4 billion television package kicks off with the Firecracker 400 instead of Kentucky.

I still don't get Atlanta moving to the second race. They couldn't draw a crowd when it was the third or fourth race.

Announced today at 5 pm ET on FS1's Race Hub and NBCSN's NASCAR America.

I sure hope there is much more than we already know. A revamp of the Chase races would be a great start. The addition of another road course on the schedule, preferably in the Chase, would be awesome. This is the first that I can remember them doing some sort of formal announcement, across two networks and simulcast on NASCAR Radio.

I'd hope that there's more to it and I hope it is not what Andy has reported of a swap of Kentucky and Daytona. Another tradition lost would not be a great move IMO. If anything, this would be a great time to announce the July Daytona race being moved back to the 4th of July from next year on like it was up through the mid 80's. It didn't matter what day of the week it fell.

I wouldn't mind seeing a race any week night. I'd think it would be a boost to the sport. Fox or NBC could run weeknight races during their parts of the schedule. I'd think it'd go over well. I'd watch. You'd watch. Any fan of NASCAR would watch. That would probably make a NASCAR broadcast available to a much more captive audience.

Making a formal announcement of the same old, same old is not going to do anything to benefit the sport. Let's see some outside the box thinking NASCAR! A bologna sandwich gets old week after week. Shake things up and get people talking about the sport.

Mike Helton said there wouldn't be any major changes to the schedule this year. This was in an article a few months back. I'm still hoping though...

Here is a sneak peek at several of the Cup series dates based on information already announced, ticket renewal information received from fans and other track sources. Again, the official schedules will be released Tuesday evening.

Some 2015 Sprint Cup Series race dates:

Feb. 22 Daytona 500

March 1 Atlanta

March 8 Las Vegas

March 15 Fontana

March 22 Phoenix

March 29 Martinsville

April 11 Texas

April 19 Bristol

April 26 Richmond

May 16 All-Star Race, Charlotte

May 24 Coke 600, Charlotte

May 31 Dover

June 7 Pocono

June 14 Michigan

June 28 Sonoma

July 4 Daytona

July 11 Kentucky

July 26 Indianapolis

Aug. 9 Watkins Glen

Sept. 12 Richmond

from here

If that spring Martinsville/Texas lineup would just switch weekends I'd see a two week, three race vacation in my schedule. That would be my short track dream trifecta. Let's work on that NASCAR.

Dover still has my race weekend on there so thats good.

Dover still has my race weekend on there so thats good.
Dover kinda left a bad taste for us when NASCAR moved their race date to earlier in the year. It always coincided with the end of the school year allowing us to take or children there and then on to the beach. Kind of a race weekend and beach week all in one. Then NASCAR came up with the bright idea of moving it before the All Star race. That was the end of our trips to Dover. Their attendance suffered tremendously with that change. Lots of family's did that same thing as their location is close to a family destination spot of Ocean City, MD. We've since moved on to other things during that time of year leaving our seats that we had for many years. Many others seem to have done the same. Some day we'll probably be back if they keep it the way it is now on the schedule.

I don't just make stuff up, people.
I don't read anyone saying that you made anything up. I said that I hope that you are wrong. It would be another slap in the face of the NASCAR fan to pull the Daytona race away from the 4th of July weekend. Every bit as it was to pull the Labor Day Darlington race off of the schedule. Apparently they are correcting a wrong in that case. I don't want to see the make the same mistake again.

I don't read anyone saying that you made anything up. I said that I hope that you are wrong. It would be another slap in the face of the NASCAR fan to pull the Daytona race away from the 4th of July weekend. Every bit as it was to pull the Labor Day Darlington race off of the schedule. Apparently they are correcting a wrong in that case. I don't want to see the make the same mistake again.

I never said the race was being moved from Fourth of July. I said the Daytona race would be the 17th race of the year (NBC's debut) on the Fourth of July.

John Daly, a few people in the media and some idiots all said on Twitter that I was wrong. I don't make **** up.

NASCAR on NBC returns at Daytona in July. BAM! I don't make stuff up, people.

FOX Sports: Daytona, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Phoenix, California, Martinsville, Texas, Bristol, Talladega and Charlotte.
FOX Sports 1: Richmond, Kansas, All-Star, Dover, Pocono, Michigan and Sonoma.
NBC: Daytona, Darlington, Charlotte, Kansas, Texas, Phoenix, Homestead.
NBCSN: Kentucky, Loudon, Indianapolis, Pocono, Watkins Glen, Michigan, Bristol, Richmond, Chicago, Loudon, Dover, Talladega and Martinsville.

2015 Sprint Cup Series Schedule

Saturday, Feb. 14, 2015 -- Sprint Unlimited, FOX
Sunday, Feb. 15, 2015 -- Daytona 500 Qualifying, FOX
Thursday, Feb. 19, 2015 -- Duel, FOX Sports 1
Sunday, Feb. 22, 2015 -- Daytona 500, FOX
Sunday, March 1, 2015 -- Atlanta, FOX
Sunday, March 8, 2015 -- Las Vegas, FOX
Sunday, March 15, 2015 -- Phoenix, FOX
Sunday, March 22, 2015 -- California, FOX
Sunday, March 29, 2015 -- Martinsville, FOX
Sunday, April 5, 2015 -- Off
Saturday, April 11, 2015 -- Texas, FOX
Sunday, April 19, 2015 -- Bristol, FOX
Saturday, April 25, 2015 -- Richmond, FOX Sports 1
Sunday, May 3, 2015 -- Talladega, FOX
Saturday, May 9, 2015 -- Kansas, FOX Sports 1
Saturday, May 16, 2015 -- Sprint All-Star, FOX Sports 1
Sunday, May 24, 2015 -- Charlotte, FOX
Sunday, May 31, 2015 -- Dover, FOX Sports 1
Sunday, June 7, 2015 -- Pocono, FOX Sports 1
Sunday, June 14, 2015 -- Michigan, FOX Sports 1
Sunday, June 21, 2015 -- Off
Sunday, June 28, 2015 -- Sonoma, FOX Sports 1
Sunday, July 5, 2015 -- Daytona, NBC
Saturday, July 11, 2015 -- Kentucky, NBCSN
Sunday, July 19, 2015 -- New Hampshire, NBCSN
Sunday, July 26, 2015 -- Indianapolis, NBCSN
Sunday, August 2, 2015 -- Pocono, NBCSN
Sunday, August 9, 2015 -- Watkins Glen, NBCSN
Sunday, August 16, 2015 -- Michigan, NBCSN
Saturday, Aug. 22, 2015 -- Bristol, NBCSN
Sunday, Aug. 30, 2015 -- Off
Sunday, Sept. 6, 2015 -- Darlington, NBC
Saturday, Sept. 12, 2015 -- Richmond, NBCSN
Sunday, Sept. 20, 2015 -- Chicagoland, NBCSN
Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015 -- New Hampshire, NBCSN
Sunday, Oct. 4, 2015 -- Dover, NBCSN
Saturday, Oct. 10, 2015 -- Charlotte, NBC
Sunday, Oct. 18, 2015 -- Kansas, NBC
Sunday, Oct. 25, 2015 -- Talladega, NBCSN
Sunday, Nov. 1, 2015 -- Martinsville, NBCSN
Sunday, Nov. 8, 2015 -- Texas, NBC
Sunday, Nov. 15, 2015 -- Phoenix, NBC
Sunday, Nov. 22, 2015 -- Homestead, NBC

So the Nationwide and Trucks Double Header for AMS...way to cold for me to go watch Kyle Busch win two races in one day.

Same old, same old, other than what we knew. I had hope that there would be some sort of bombshell today but nothing.

Andy, you still seem to be particularly overexcited about people calling you a lair. Not seeing that on here anywhere. If your beef is with other media type why not take it to them?

But, Martinsville is in the winter. Meanwhile, they'll be passing Texas on the way to Martinsville. Is NASCAR TRYING to kill that place.
March 29th is technically Spring, but I get your point. I wish they'd move it back to late April where it was for years.

Eddie Gossage on NBCSN saying he wants Texas to be the final race of the season... even said he's talked to NASCAR and thinks it will happen down the road.

If they're going to move the finale, move it to Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom