2016 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Don't forget the Xfinity race this weekend @ Mid-Ohio while it's an off week for Cup.

BRISTOL EVENT SCHEDULE
Sprint Cup Series

Event Schedule times are local to the track

Thursday, August 18
10:00 PM NSCS HAULERS ENTER

Friday, August 19
7:00 AM - 7:30 PM NSCS GARAGE OPEN
9:00 AM NSCS ROOKIE MEETING, SPOTTER MEETING, & RANDOM DRAWING
10:00 - 11:25 AM NSCS 1ST PRACTICE
12:30 - 1:55 PM NSCS FINAL PRACTICE
5:45 PM NSCS QUALIFYING
7:00 PM NSCS CAR IN HAULERS

Saturday, August 20
12:00 PM NSCS GARAGE OPENS
5:15 PM NSCS DRIVER / CREW CHIEF MEETING
5:45 - 6:45 PM CONCERT
7:15 PM NSCS DRIVER INTRODUCTIONS
8:00 PM NSCS RACE
NSCS = NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
SUBJECT TO CHANGE

All event schedule times above are listed in LOCAL track time

Even with the newer "worse" surface, Bristol is awesome. This is one of my favorite races of the year :salute:
Count me in on that too. We had season tickets for a long time to Bristol up through the more recent years. The repave didn't turn us off from the track. This was always one of my favorite venues. We quit going simply due to economic reasons. One day we'll get back there and I'm sure we'll enjoy it as much as ever.

Nothing. The complaining started 2 minutes after your amusing post.

Bristol ... 1 of the 2 best tracks on the schedule.

I had a great time at Bristol from the 80's and into the 21st century and saw some great racing. It lived up to its catch phrase "racing the way it oughta be."

How is there now an off week before Bristol? A few years back, we could look forward to 18 straight weeks of racing from Daytona to Homestead. So disappointing....but probably better for the teams to get some R&R later in the season.

Bristol II Last 10 Winners:

2006 - Matt Kenseth (Ford)
2007 - Carl Edwards (Ford)
2008 - Carl Edwards (Ford)
2009 - Kyle Busch (Toyota)
2010 - Kyle Busch (Toyota)
2011 - Brad Keselowski (Dodge)
2012 - Denny Hamlin (Toyota)
2013 - Matt Kenseth (Toyota)
2014 - Joey Logano (Ford)
2015 - Joey Logano (Ford)

Another race, another joke, another week of daydreaming to my past. another week of being afraid this will be the last bristol without a caution clock. another week of wondering about the new debris, perhaps (mountain turbulence for the blimp from uplifts)?

Bristol II Last 10 Winners:

2006 - Matt Kenseth (Ford)
2007 - Carl Edwards (Ford)
2008 - Carl Edwards (Ford)
2009 - Kyle Busch (Toyota)
2010 - Kyle Busch (Toyota)
2011 - Brad Keselowski (Dodge)
2012 - Denny Hamlin (Toyota)
2013 - Matt Kenseth (Toyota)
2014 - Joey Logano (Ford)
2015 - Joey Logano (Ford)
Looks like there's a manufacturer missing there, but I can't quite put my finger on which one it might be...

Another race, another joke, another week of daydreaming to my past. another week of being afraid this will be the last bristol without a caution clock. another week of wondering about the new debris, perhaps (mountain turbulence for the blimp from uplifts)?
Another week of this sort of stuff.

LOL, about the mountain turbulence from blimp uplifts. I think by mid race there will be about 12 cars on the lead lap but by lap 450 there will be 30.

Another week of this sort of stuff.

What I like the best is when someone makes a less than flattering statement about Nascar and it leads to people complaining about complainers and then the "Why do you watch if you don't like it" which then makes me think "Why read and comment on a comment you don't like." Humans.....it is no wonder I value my cats so much more!

Yep, gotta go back to Dale Jr in '04 to find a bowtie.

I remember when the manufacturer wars were in full bloom and the Chevy fans were laughing at Bill Elliott fans about him not being good on short tracks and the Bill and Rusty fans going after the Chevy fans for something else. With a spec car in place IDK how anyone can give manufacturer more than a passing thought.

Remember when they resurfaced the track and Bruton said they'd put it back like before if fans didn't like the new surface?

I sure do and I could never figure out why he was hell bent on changing it in the first place. Nascar is reaping what they have sown.

I sure do and I could never figure out why he was hell bent on changing it in the first place. Nascar is reaping what they have sown.

If what I've read is correct, the progressive banking wasn't Bruton's idea. Sure, he made the call to re-pave it but it was a lower-level project manager who put in the progressive banking that "ruined" Bristol. He only found out when it was too late. Bruton has said he isn't a fan of progressive banking, even though he bought two tracks which already had it (Loudon and Vegas).

If what I've read is correct, the progressive banking wasn't Bruton's idea. Sure, he made the call to re-pave it but it was a lower-level project manager who put in the progressive banking that "ruined" Bristol. He only found out when it was too late. Bruton has said he isn't a fan of progressive banking, even though he bought two tracks which already had it (Loudon and Vegas).
Sounds like one of the rare instances where Bruton tried to pass the buck. JMO

All I'm saying is I don't think Bruton deserves all the considerable amount of hate he gets.
Oh, I think his venues are second to none but I think that his statement about that not being on his radar sounds unconvincing too me. I can't believe that a reconstruction project taking place at his premier venue could possibly go unnoticed by him.

Down to the final four reg season races, it's going to be fun. Bristol night race one of my favorite races of the year and should be lumped in with the top four tracks

I can assure you I don't hate Bruton and IDK who signed off on levigating BMS but when you are the Captain of the ship the buck stops with you as everything is your responsibility.
All I'm saying is I don't think Bruton deserves all the considerable amount of hate he gets.

Just so I understand are you interchanging the word hate with criticism as there is a huge, huge difference. I am critical of Bruton for trying to reinvent the wheel and ruining a good thing but I can't imagine anyone's disappointment with the current surface rising to the level of hate.

Back
Top Bottom