2016 Bristol - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race - Pre Race Thread

Those poor people waiting through this at Bristol. Going to a race can be a serious commitment given the time and logistics involved. I planned one going to Pocono today but pulled the plug knowing the inevitable. I had that option since I live 45 minutes away. I'm planning on going to Michigan next week but I've been hesitant to order a ticket given the weather and my luck. I'm officially 1 for 4 with races this year...

The one good thing with Saturday night races is the additional time the race can be one without screwing up peoples schedule too much.

Forecast for Michigan right now: sunny Thursday through Monday except Sunday with a 60% chance of rain :mad:. I'm going to waiting until next Saturday night to decide what to do.

Having withdrawals. Darlington was my last race, just short of a year ago.

Is the race still going to be on CNBC? I'd like to set the DVR before I leave the house...

Forecast for Michigan right now: sunny Thursday through Monday except Sunday with a 60% chance of rain :mad:. I'm going to waiting until next Saturday night to decide what to do.

Having withdrawals. Darlington was my last race, just short of a year ago.

It's looking sketchy right now. I'm going to wait until Friday morning until I commit. It's about an 8-9 hour drive and I can't stay on Monday since that's my travel day home.

While you're waiting, ARCA is live on American Sports Network on dirt.

http://americansportsnet.com/arca-racing-series-illinois-state-fairgrounds/
Interesting race. There are dark shapes on the track under each of the cars. They move with the cars as they race, staying under each car. I'm not sure if they're some kind of aerodynamic feat-

Oh. My wife says those are called 'shadows'.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see this Chase Briscoe in the NASCAR Cup Series in the future.

Maybe they'll move the race to MSNBC or Bravo so we can have the race on a fifth different network. NBC is so ridiculous.
Cmon Andy, you know as well as the rest of us NBC can't control the weather.
On the other hand I don't see why they think they have to cover everything, F1, Indy car, Nascar, Olympics and whatever else.

Any updates from the track? The rain will be ending real soon, 15 minutes or so, then clear! I'm hoping 5-5:30?!?!

On the other hand I don't see why they think they have to cover everything, F1, Indy car, Nascar, Olympics and whatever else.
No offense met at all, but you must be joking

Cmon Andy, you know as well as the rest of us NBC can't control the weather.
They have all that time to fill. Unfortunately, like airlines, when one goes off schedule, the ripples impact the entire system.

Rain in Knoxville has finally stopped and the sun is out, that means nice weather in Bristol isn't far behind.

Starting to hear talk of cleaning up pit road area
DryPitStalls.jpg

a.jpe
Thank goodness for Moto-GP ........................... 200 mph on 2 wheels IN THE RAIN
I got to watch sum racin :booya:

Back
Top Bottom