2016 Charlotte - All-Star Race - Pre Race Thread

Damn, Paul Menard is the guy that should gave got voted in. Imagine his stone cold demeanor slapping the high fives with fans in this over the top pre race bizzaro.

Probably could have bet on if he would crack a smile or not in Vegas if he had been voted in.

I voted for Jeffrey Earnhardt

nick-young-confused-face.png

I love how they went with points to set the rulebook because the Sprint Showdown guys didn't get to practice.... last minute at that. Yet, all the Sprint Showdown drivers, except Chase, still start at the rear of the field.

I mean, haven't they always had to start at the rear of the field anyway?

... How pathetic are people that critique national anthems online? :)
I'm not following you. Should a performance of the anthem be automatically immune from criticism? We've all heard the anthem done well, and we've all heard some truly awful renditions. The worst are by those who alter the tune, drag out certain words or lines, and otherwise try to put a personal interpretation on the song. This results in the singer giving the impression he or she is more interested in making a personal musical statement than in honoring our country.

Usually, the best anthems are non-vocal performances by bands or individual musicans, or by members of the military or first responders. The former don't usually put a personal spin on, and the latter remember what the song is about.

I love how they went with points to set the rulebook because the Sprint Showdown guys didn't get to practice.... last minute at that. Yet, all the Sprint Showdown drivers, except Chase, still start at the rear of the field.

I mean, haven't they always had to start at the rear of the field anyway?
What else do you propose for a starting order? Draw outta a hat like years past?

I'm not following you. Should a performance of the anthem be automatically immune from criticism? We've all heard the anthem done well, and we've all heard some truly awful renditions. The worst are by those who alter the tune, drag out certain words or lines, and otherwise try to put a personal interpretation on the song. This results in the singer giving the impression he or she is more interested in making a personal musical statement than in honoring our country.

Usually, the best anthems are non-vocal performances by bands or individual musicans, or by members of the military or first responders. The former don't usually put a personal spin on, and the latter remember what the song is about.
You missed the point. Same person critiquing the anthem ragged on people in the crowd for giving fives to drivers during intros. Calling them pathetic.

I like irony.

About the most important part of this race will be the last 5 to 10 laps of segment 2 to see if any teams try to play strategy in regards to the inversion.

Track must not be fully dry with all these pace laps. Trying to dry track quicker with cars.

LOL you can tell what Jeff is saying is scripted vs actual commentary.

A 4 time champ asking how much fuel is burnt under pace laps & if it will play a factor in heat races shorter than a fuel window? Come on yall

Back
Top Bottom