2016 Charlotte - Coca-Cola 600 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and NASCAR XFINITY Series will race at Charlotte Motor Speedway this week, while the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series is off.

Note: All times are ET

THURSDAY, MAY 26:

ON TRACK
--2-3:25 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, FS1 (Follow live)
--3:30-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series first practice, FS1 (Follow live)
--5:30-6:50 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 7:15 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)

SATURDAY, MAY 28:

ON TRACK
-- 10-10:55 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series second practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 11:15 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 1-1:50 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 2:30 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Hisense 4K TV 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), FS1 (Follow live)
SUNDAY, MAY 29:

ON TRACK
-- 6 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coca-Cola 600 (400 laps, 600 miles), FOX (Follow live)

I know last night's race was different from next week's but based on what you saw do you think we will see some good racing in the 600?

Coke 600 Last 10 Winners:

2006 - Kasey Kahne (Dodge)
2007 - Casey Mears (Chevrolet)
2008 - Kasey Kahne (Dodge)
2009 - David Reutimann (Toyota)
2010 - Kurt Busch (Dodge)
2011 - Kevin Harvick (Chevrolet)
2012 - Kasey Kahne (Chevrolet)
2013 - Kevin Harvick (Chevrolet)
2014 - Jimmie Johnson (Chevrolet)
2015 - Carl Edwards (Toyota)

This should be an exciting race. I'll be watching it on Monday after school cuz Mom and I are going to see a local production of Peter Pan on Sunday evening. I'm looking forward to it and am wondering if Kyle Larson can keep up his good racing w/o winning next weekend.

Even better I just realized that the next day is Memorial Day and I am off school so I can watch it once I get up on Monday without going to school. :)

I imagine I won't feel so stupid trying to keep up... So yeah I'm pretty excited. Lol.

Seriously though, it's the best day of the year and I cannot wait!

I sure hope it is like the good racing we have seen for most of the year.

Cannot wait to head down to Charlotte this weekend. I have never traveled south of the Mason/Dixon for a race before

Getcha some real biscuits and gravy not the imitation Yankee crap!

This should be an exciting race. I'll be watching it on Monday after school cuz Mom and I are going to see a local production of Peter Pan on Sunday evening. I'm looking forward to it and am wondering if Kyle Larson can keep up his good racing w/o winning next weekend.

Peter Pan should be good and so should the race.

I'm weighing whether or not I should go. I live in Huntersville so it's not a long trek.

The next day is not a work day and there should be a ton of tickets available so it might be worth it. At least you can wait until the last minute to make up your mind.

Looking forward to it. I'd love to head over for the 600 sometime, but going to it would screw up the best race day of the year. It's hard to beat being camped out in front of the TV from morning til night watching the Monaco GP, Indy, and Charlotte.

Cannot wait to head down to Charlotte this weekend. I have never traveled south of the Mason/Dixon for a race before
Welcome to RF.

Charlotte can be warm on Memorial Day, reaching 90 to 95 in the afternoon. Definitely go to a barbeque restaurant. In the South, 'barbeque' means pork, cooked over wood for 10 to 14 hours. The resulting meat is shredded and server on a bun as a sandwich, or on a plate with a choice of traditional side dishes. Do NOT put red ketchupy 'KC Masterpiece'-style sauce on it, even if that crap is on the table. Stick with either a vinegar-pepper sauce or a mustard-based sauce. If you're not sure, ask the waitress which is which.

What's to weigh? I have friends coming from Pittsburgh.

I need to see if my friends (or girlfriend) are available or willing to go. I've already dragged the girlfriend down to Greenville, SC to watch the A-affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and to some Charlotte Knights games. I might have used my sports quota. :p

I need to see if my friends (or girlfriend) are available or willing to go. I've already dragged the girlfriend down to Greenville, SC to watch the A-affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and to some Charlotte Knights games. I might have used my sports quota. :p
Go solo. I've done it a couple of times at Darlington. Heck, if nothing else, go Saturday for the practice and the X race.

The Nurburgring 24 Hours got moved to this weekend this year.
To who made this decision
giphy.gif

I must be like the only person here that only watches the 600 on Memorial day

I've never cared for Monaco in the past. Too boring of racing to be worth getting up for.

I will be slightly annoyed that I have to miss the 100th Indy 500 to be at the 600. I've heard tales of fantastic NASCAR tailgating setups, maybe one of them will include a TV.

Back
Top Bottom