2016 Chicagoland - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400 - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
The NASCAR Sprint Cup, XFINITY and Camping World Truck Series will gather for a tripleheader showing at Chicagoland Speedway this weekend.

Note: All times are ET
THURSDAY, SEPT. 15:

ON TRACK
-- 4-4:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice (Follow live)
-- 6:30-7:25 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice (Follow live)

FRIDAY, SEPT. 16:

ON TRACK
-- 12:30-1:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series first practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 1:30-2:55 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series first practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 3-4:25 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series final practice, NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 4:45 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 6:45 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 8:30 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series American Ethanol E15 225 (150 laps, 225 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

GARAGECAM (Watch live)

-- Noon: XFINITY Series
-- 1 p.m.: Sprint Cup Series
SATURDAY, SEPT. 17:

-- 10:30-11:25 a.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series second practice, CNBC (Follow live)
-- 11:45 a.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 1:30-2:20 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series final practice, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)
-- 3 p.m.: NASCAR XFINITY Series Drive for Safety 300 (200 laps, 300 miles), NBC/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

SUNDAY, SEPT. 18:

-- 2:30 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400 (267 laps, 400.5 miles), NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

Used to do this when I first started on here, don't know why I stopped. On this day 24 years ago, Rusty Wallace wins at Richmond in the 1st race for "Midnight"

Was planning to only go to Michigan, but one race has made me hungry for another. Might convince my wife to go this weekend if the weather is nice.

gonna be a fun race with the TNMT schemes

Chicagoland Last 10 Winners:

2006 - Jeff Gordon (Chevrolet)
2007 - Tony Stewart (Chevrolet)
2008 - Kyle Busch (Toyota)
2009 - Mark Martin (Chevrolet)
2010 - David Reutimann (Toyota)
2011 - Tony Stewart (Chevrolet)
2012 - Brad Keselowski (Dodge)
2013 - Matt Kenseth (Toyota)
2014 - Brad Keselowski (Ford)
2015 - Denny Hamlin (Toyota)

posted earlier in the "Random" thread:

Every year since Chicagoland became the first race of the Chase for the Cup, NASCAR has thrown some type of Chase Fest in or near downtown Chicago to promote the race, including events at the House of Blues and Navy Pier.

Anybody know of anything planned for this year ?

posted earlier in the "Random" thread:

Every year since Chicagoland became the first race of the Chase for the Cup, NASCAR has thrown some type of Chase Fest in or near downtown Chicago to promote the race, including events at the House of Blues and Navy Pier.

Anybody know of anything planned for this year ?
No but jayski has links to a bunch of the local newspapers there. You may be able to find something in their entertainment section.

Was planning to only go to Michigan, but one race has made me hungry for another. Might convince my wife to go this weekend if the weather is nice.

IDK what is available seat wise but if memory serves Joliet used to have around 75,000 permanent seats but now is down to only 55,000. The Bears play Monday night so they may get close to a full house.

IDK what is available seat wise but if memory serves Joliet used to have around 75,000 permanent seats but now is down to only 55,000. The Bears play Monday night so they may get close to a full house.

Could be wrong but I don't recall Chicagoland ever removing any seats, certainly not 20,000 of 'em.

I'm waiting until Thursday to check weather close to race, will hope for the best!

gonna be a fun race with the TNMT schemes
Cg--qxvU4AAmvET.jpg

650x366

Could be wrong but I don't recall Chicagoland ever removing any seats, certainly not 20,000 of 'em.

It must be my faulty memory then as I thought the seating capacity used to be in the 70's

I stand corrected, at least according to Jayski.

The place originally held (and sold out) 75,000 seats before being reduced to 69,000 and then to the current 55,500.

They must have eliminated (or covered up) seats near turns 1 and 4, at each end of the grandstand.

I stand corrected, at least according to Jayski.

The place originally held (and sold out) 75,000 seats before being reduced to 69,000 and then to the current 55,500.

They must have eliminated (or covered up) seats near turns 1 and 4, at each end of the grandstand.

You're correct. The shorter part of the grandstand was apparently removed.

2001 (Harvick's 2nd career win btw!):

chicagoland-speedway.jpg

2015:

chicagoland-speedway.jpg

From Jayski: "NASCAR will talk to Stewart, Newman before Chicago race".

Now where's the fun in that? o_O

http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2016/09...wart-ryan-newman-before-they-return-to-track/

Have no fear as nothing will change because Nascar just has to give the impression they don't approve of drivers taking each other out or calling each other names like moron or bipolar. Way back when Nascar used to have officials policing the race and if they saw incidents of rough driving or other idiocy they would park you for 5 laps or even for the rest of the day. I think all the officials are too busy these days worrying a car might be out of 1/1000 out of tolerance then to address legitimate concerns. Indeed......Nascar swallows camels but strains gnats.

From Jayski:
#23-David Ragan and #32-Joey Gase will join Danica Patrick, Regan Smith, Michael McDowell and Landon Cassill for an epic Turtle battle in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400
Nickelodeon must have spent all their money on the race naming rights, 'cause they sure didn't pony up for driver sponsorships. Danica is the only one of this bunch the Nickelodeon audience (and most other casual fans) will have heard of. We know the broadcasters never mention the names of the races anymore. I'm glad I didn't have to justify this marketing decision.

Thankfully the weather is looking good. Nothing is worse than going to a race that has a rain delay. The only time I've had to deal with weather is at Bristol several years ago and it was a mess! We will be in Chicago all weekend, but plan on exploring the city on Saturday and only going to the race on Sunday. Hopefully it's an exciting one.

Is it raining? I've been working on a dead file storage server all day and wasn't aware of it!

[checks radar]

Oh. Yeah. That explains much.

Back
Top Bottom