2016 Eldora - Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby - Pre Race Thread

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
A Truck race that deserves its own thread.

On Tap July 19: Super DIRTcar Big-Block Modifieds full show plus NASCAR practice
–> includes 100-lap Big Block Feature

On Tap July 20: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series plus Big-Blocks
–> includes 150-lap NASCAR Feature and 25-lap Big Block Feature

I got to go to the first two of these Truck races @ Eldora and enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sorry that I had to quit going but my current schedule no longer allows for it. I'll get back there some day though.

Tony Stewart does it right. ISC and SMI could learn a few things from him..... Too bad that Ohio doesn't allow for the carry in of alcoholic beverages but Tony mre than makes up for it with the prices. #BigThumbsUp!

Coolers: Coolers up to 14” are permitted. No glass bottles. Ohio Revised Code 4301.62 prohibits the carry in or carry out of alcoholic beverages. All coolers will be inspected for compliance to this law.
Carry-In Items – To ensure the safety of all Guests, carry-in items will be inspected prior to entrance. Bags, backpacks, coolers, purses, etc. larger than 14″ x 14″ x 14″ will not be permitted into the Speedway in accordance with the Eldora Speedway size requirement. Guests are welcome to bring their own food and drink inside the track. Alcohol and any food or beverage in a glass bottle will not be permitted.
Medical: A fully staffed First Aid Station is located near the Middle Gate (Turn 4). Hours of operation will be posted.
Golf Carts – Golf Carts are welcome in the Speedway campgrounds, but must meet Speedway safety specifications. The Golf Cart Permit station will be near the Middle Gate (Turn 4). Hours of operation will be posted. All Golf Carts will be required to be registered and must display an Eldora Speedway 2016 Golf Cart Permit. Golf Cart parking is outside of the Turn 4 gate. NO Golf Carts are permitted in the main parking lot. STATE LAW: Golf Carts are not permitted on any roadway. ATVs, Gators, Mules, etc are not permitted in the campgrounds.
Parking – Eldora Speedway offers several options for parking at racing events. The Main Parking Lot is located off of State Route 118. The main entrance to the track is located at the front of this lot. Parking is also available north of the Speedway, just outside of the Turn 4 Admission Gate. On larger scale events, parking is also available across North Star Ft Loramie Rd in the Northside Camp & Park lot, as well across State Route 118 in the Eldora Village lot.
Radio – Portable radios and headsets are permitted in Eldora Speedway. The public address system can be heard on FM frequency 87.9.
Seating Update: Seat cushions are permitted. Stadium style seats may NOT exceed 18 inches in maximum width in the grandstands or bleachers. High back seats or seats with arms are prohibited. Please be courteous to those around you.
Smoking Policy: Smoking in all spectator areas, buildings and lines for concessions / merchandise / tickets is prohibited per the Ohio Department of Health. Designated smoking areas will be available.

Not much history, but.....

Eldora past winners:

2013 - Austin Dillon (Chevrolet)
2014 - Bubba Wallace (Toyota)
2015 - Christopher Bell (Toyota)

Good afternoon guys,

I grew up ten minutes away from eldora, currently live twenty minutes away now. I've been to all three truck races. First two on the front stretch behind the flag stand and last year between turns 3 and 4. It's one of my favorite races to watch. Smoke and his crew does an amazing job! The beer is cheap and cold. Food is pretty good too. Boys let's go racing on the DIRT. If you are really wondering it truly does sit out in the middle of nowhere. Haha

I got to go to the first two of these Truck races @ Eldora and enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sorry that I had to quit going but my current schedule no longer allows for it. I'll get back there some day though.
Yep, they were both a blast but time restraints have kept me from returning. Maybe some time in the near future.

Good afternoon guys,

I grew up ten minutes away from eldora, currently live twenty minutes away now. I've been to all three truck races. First two on the front stretch behind the flag stand and last year between turns 3 and 4. It's one of my favorite races to watch. Smoke and his crew does an amazing job! The beer is cheap and cold. Food is pretty good too. Boys let's go racing on the DIRT. If you are really wondering it truly does sit out in the middle of nowhere. Haha
The first year we stayed in RV lot 1, second row second spot from the near end. The second year we stayed for 5 day's at Grand Lake St Mary's State Park Campground. It was an easy drive to the track and we had a blast both times. I caught enough fish from the lake in a short period of time for 4 dinners and that's a bonus. Both races we sat on the hillside in turn 4 up against the concrete stands. You live in some beautiful country up there.

Very pumped to be going this year. Living up here in Ohio we seem pretty far removed from a lot of the racing down south so having something like this is can't miss

My dad and I typically take a small vacation to visit one new track a year. This year, I suggested us going to Eldora. Unfortunately he wasn't on board because he doesn't really follow the trucks. I did still make sure to request Wednesday night off work that way I can at least watch it on tv.

This name is worse than "mudsummer".

The racing so good tho.

TUESDAY, JULY 19:

ON TRACK: ELDORA
-- 6:30-7:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series first practice (Follow live)
-- 9-9:55 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series final practice (Follow live)

WEDNESDAY, JULY 20:

-- 5:15 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 7 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series First Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 7:09 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Second Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)

-- 7:18 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Third Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 7:27 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Fourth Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 7:36 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Fifth Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 8:15 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Last Chance Qualifying Race (15 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 9 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby (150 laps/40-50-60, 75 miles), FS1 (Follow live

Is the caution clock still in place for this race? Judging by last year, doubt they will need it, but still (want to know if I need to continue my boycott :D)

Is the caution clock still in place for this race? Judging by last year, doubt they will need it, but still (want to know if I need to continue my boycott :D)

i think this is the only race NOT using it

Tony Stewart does it right. ISC and SMI could learn a few things from him..... Too bad that Ohio doesn't allow for the carry in of alcoholic beverages but Tony mre than makes up for it with the prices. #BigThumbsUp!

Coolers: Coolers up to 14” are permitted. No glass bottles. Ohio Revised Code 4301.62 prohibits the carry in or carry out of alcoholic beverages. All coolers will be inspected for compliance to this law.

The cooler deal is news to me. I was just at the last two summer national races at Oakshade Raceway in Ohio and everyone was bringing in booze including us! Granted ours was in the trailer but I watched people bringing in coolers of beer. Maybe they just didn't check very well there?

Normally I root for the regulars to beat the cup guys. But I would like to see Larson win one of the Eldora truck races. Love watching him run against the wall.

Looking for big things from Abreu tomorrow. Reddick and Larson were amongst the fastest today.

I am probably one of the few here that does not really care for dirt racing.

I can't wait. I just got home from having minor surgery so I'm laid up in my recliner for a few days. Not a bad event to have going on day one.

I am probably one of the few here that does not really care for dirt racing.
Back when this race was still just a rumor, I asked Kevin Harvick what his thoughts were at a Q and A session at Martinsville. His response was "dirt is for plowing". Didn't seem impressed. Of course, that was before he drove for the tracks owner.

Back when this race was still just a rumor, I asked Kevin Harvick what his thoughts were at a Q and A session at Martinsville. His response was "dirt is for plowing". Didn't seem impressed. Of course, that was before he drove for the tracks owner.
I will still we be watching the truck race.

Set the DVR's.....

WEDNESDAY, JULY 20:

-- 5:15 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 7 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series First Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 7:09 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Second Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)

-- 7:18 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Third Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 7:27 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Fourth Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 7:36 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Fifth Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 8:15 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Last Chance Qualifying Race (15 laps), FS1 (Follow live)
-- 9 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Aspen Dental Eldora Dirt Derby (150 laps/40-50-60, 75 miles), FS1 (Follow live)

Cnxo2XjVIAA39gX.jpg

This race is the only standalone event outside the Cup Series that I would travel too. Last year was the first year that I watched it on television. Television does not do it justice. The Dirt purist will say that it is not dirt racing and they're right, it's Truck Racing on dirt and damn fun to be sitting there in person.

If NASCAR were to make a smart move with their schedule, they'd throw all three series on this track for a given weekend or mid week 3 pack of racing.

I'm jealous of each and every one of you that get to be there tonight. Have a great time and I know you will.

@bobpockrass

Eldora 32-driver lineup: top-5 from each of 5 heats, top-2 last-chance race, 4 by owner pts, 1 past champ (if no PC, then another owner pts)

Back
Top Bottom