• Tire Codes:
    Left-side -- D-4588 Right-side -- D-4468

• Tire Circumference:
    Left-side -- 87.44 in. (2,221 mm)
    Right-side -- 88.70 in. (2,253 mm)

• Minimum Recommended Inflation:
    Left Front -- 10 psi Left Rear -- 10 psi
    Right Front -- 23 psi Right Rear -- 22 psi

• Notes: Teams in both the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Camping World Truck Series will run the same tire set-up at Martinsville this weekend . . .
  • ... this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires these teams have run at this track since October 2014 . . . this left-side tire code has been run at this track since April 2013 . . . Martinsville is the only track at which NASCAR teams have run either of these two tire codes this season . . .
  • ... Goodyear held a tire test at Martinsville on October 4-5, looking ahead to 2017 . . . drivers participating in that test were Greg Biffle, Jamie McMurray, Paul Menard and Martin Truex Jr. . . . as on most NASCAR ovals one mile or less in length, teams will not run inner liners in their tires at Martinsville.
Jayski's Race Page ... thanks

Roger Penske ready to "move on" from last year's Martinsville race

Joey Logano may not dwell much on what happened last season at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, but his team owner, Roger Penske, sure sounds like he’ll be ready to breathe a sigh of relief when Sunday’s race is over.

‘We’re satisfied where we are and I think we need to get through what happened last year at Martinsville and get some good success there so we can move on, hopefully, to the next round,” Penske said after Logano’s victory last Sunday at Talladega.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...on-from-last-year-s-martinsville-race-842939/

Roger Penske ready to "move on" from last year's Martinsville race

Joey Logano may not dwell much on what happened last season at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, but his team owner, Roger Penske, sure sounds like he’ll be ready to breathe a sigh of relief when Sunday’s race is over.

‘We’re satisfied where we are and I think we need to get through what happened last year at Martinsville and get some good success there so we can move on, hopefully, to the next round,” Penske said after Logano’s victory last Sunday at Talladega.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/roger-penske-ready-to-move-on-from-last-year-s-martinsville-race-842939/

Hey Matt the brat, just remember that Joey is the one with a teammate already eliminated from the chase with nothing to lose... don't try anything funny.

I think it needs to be part of a triple header weekend if they want to draw any sort of crowd. Martinsville is an awesome track but a standalone Xfinity race there is liable not to bring in any more people that the supporting truck race does on a Cup weekend.

Not enough room I wouldn't think for that? Xfinity needs more standalones (and identity), pair it up with Whelen Modifieds or K&N East. I realize it's a business, but a weeknight summer Xfinity race would be great. Start it around 7:30.

More of your nonsense.

Breast Cancer Awareness is a huge issue. Many NASCAR fans are women and the rest of the fanbase have mothers, wives, sisters and daughters. Find something else to whine about if you don't mind.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month is now nothing but huge business. **** pink curbs and football gloves and shirts and all that nonsense.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month is now nothing but huge business. **** pink curbs and football gloves and shirts and all that nonsense.
That's pretty tough. I think it's meant to bring awareness to the cause. I have a hard time thinking of anything but positives that should come from that but that's maybe just me.

That's pretty tough. I think it's meant to bring awareness to the cause. I have a hard time thinking of anything but positives that should come from that but that's maybe just me.

It's not as simple as awareness. Here's some info on it. I'm sorry to derail your thread..
https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/truth-exposed-komen/

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mari...6/breast-cancer-business-scams/?client=safari

Just exactly how is this affecting the racing? And if it isn't, what's the issue?

It doesn't affect racing, just October. Lol

" Sweet Home Martinsville"

It may be nonsense to you, but it draws awareness to a disease that kills large numbers of women --- and some men.
If you don't like the pink, then ignore it.

Not to get off topic, but every year the NFL does breast cancer awareness month. The players wear pink accessories, they roll out pink merch for sale. Exactly 8% of the profit gets donated to the cause.

So, while it brings awareness, the fact that other organizations have pulled the wool over the eyes of generous donators has sort of tarnished the efforts made by other organizations - no matter how innocent and purposeful they may be in reality.

Not to get off topic, but every year the NFL does breast cancer awareness month. The players wear pink accessories, they roll out pink merch for sale. Exactly 8% of the profit gets donated to the cause.

So, while it brings awareness, the fact that other organizations have pulled the wool over the eyes of generous donators has sort of tarnished the efforts made by other organizations - no matter how innocent and purposeful they may be in reality.

Eloquent af. Thank you

The issue is awareness of the disease. Regular checkups, early detection ... stuff like that.

It's unfortunate that some "charitable" organizations eat too much of what's collected.

And God forbid you ever wear a color that's supposed to raise awareness about something people might not actually know/care about yet - then you'll get fined. Doesn't fit the marketing agenda.

I agree that the breast-cancer stuff has gone overboard, and now seems like a disingenuous attempt to appeal to women rather than an earnest attempt to raise awareness. If they really want to do something meaningful, donate a portion of the ticket sales to the American Cancer Society (if they already do this, I'll apologize).

Back
Top Bottom