2016 Martinsville - Goody's Fast Relief 500 - Pre Race Thread

Local talk radio host is givin’ away tickets to The Goody’s 500 this weekend - in Richmond.

WNIS 790AM, Norfolk. Ya’ll give ‘im a call.

Probably her best track. p4 now and they were good in race trim at the beginning of practice as well. Should be a fun weekend.They ran very well in the spring as well but got stuck on the outside on the last caution/pit stop and lost a bunch of spots.
2505.jpg

Probably her best track. p4 now and they were good in race trim at the beginning of practice as well. Should be a fun weekend.They ran very well in the spring as well but got stuck on the outside on the last caution/pit stop and lost a bunch of spots.
This track is a lot like a go kart track, something that shes used to.

Good run at ‘tinsville in the spring, 16th.

One of her 13 top 20s on the season.

From jayski:

"Gordon's final race...again: Sunday will mark four-time champion Jeff Gordon's final scheduled NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start. Gordon will be driving the blue-and-silver #88 Nationwide Chevrolet SS this weekend. His career began on Nov. 15, 1992, at Atlanta Motor Speedway in Richard Petty's final start. From 1992 through 2015, Gordon made 797 consecutive starts and racked up 93 wins, 325 top-five and 475 top-10 finishes in addition to his four championships. This weekend's race at Martinsville Speedway will be his eighth race filling in for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in 2016. On Nov. 1, 2015, Gordon led the final 22 laps at Martinsville Speedway en route to his ninth win at the Virginia short track and his 93rd career Cup victory. The defending race winner leads all active Cup drivers in wins (nine, third on the all-time list), poles (seven, second on the all-time list), top-five finishes (29), and laps led (3,779, second on the all-time list). He is tied with Richard Petty for the most top-10 Cup finishes of all time with 37, and holds the all-time record for lead-lap finishes (38) and for the least DNFs, having been running at the finish in every single one of his 46 races at the half-mile paperclip.(Hendrick Motorsports)

AND:
If Gordon leads 64 laps on Sunday, he will become only the sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver all-time to lead 25,000 or more laps, joining NASCAR Hall of Famers Petty, Cale Yarborough, Bobby Allison, Dale Earnhardt and David Pearson.(NASCAR)(10-27-2016)"

Ragan is third in practice.

He's very good at short tracks, remember the last couple of years his only top 5 at JGR was at M'ville last year. Also, at FRR he finished in 10th in the fall race.

what happened to the speed :( @Mr Excitement you hear anything?

The car has been tight in the center and loose off since the start of qualifying. They had the same problem during the 2 practices today. I think they will be fine for the race, but starting p 24 on the outside lane after being as fast as they were during the first practice is disappointing for sure. We shall see what happens tomorrow.:D

The car has been tight in the center and loose off since the start of qualifying. They had the same problem during the 2 practices today. I think they will be fine for the race, but starting p 24 on the outside lane after being as fast as they were during the first practice is disappointing for sure. We shall see what happens tomorrow.:D

Pass dem cars DP.

Pass dem cars DP.
They been crankin the speed out since they got to the track . Unloaded 97.972 - .039 off the leader , P2 96.381 - .081 off the leader , P3 95.175 - .189 off the leader . It'll be really interesting to see if they can put the car back where it was.

Decided to buy a shirt today here at the Martinsville track. I just have to reiterate my intense hatred for the newer shopping experience. I can't see how anyone can see that setup as an improvement over the previous one.

Back
Top Bottom