2016 Sonoma - Toyota / Save Mart 350(k) - Pre Race Thread

I'm going with Allmendinger this weekend. Bowyer is a serious dark horse also.

The charter system does not prevent anyone from competing.

But it kept Haas from fielding a fifth car as used to be the norm for rookies and ringers. There was evidence his interest was piqued about running here. The charter system kept him (Grosjean) and numerous potential crossover fans away.

But it kept Haas from fielding a fifth car as used to be the norm for rookies and ringers. There was evidence his interest was piqued about running here. The charter system kept him (Grosjean) and numerous potential crossover fans away.
Doesn't that have more to do with the 4 car limit? Someone could field 4 teams without charters if they chose to and would be prevented from running a rookie in a 5th.

I'll be surprised if we don't see Grosjean next season in an SHR car "leased" to another team.

I'll try again. Grosjean said himself that he wasn't going to try running in a stock car in 2016 because his F1 schedule didn't permit it. Watkins Glen is the only race at any level that fell during an F1 open period, and he didn't think he had enough time to prepare.

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/130594-grosjean-s-nascar-chance-on-hold-until-2017

If Haas wanted to field a car for him or anyone else, any number of bottom-feeder unchartered Chevy teams would have been happy to slap their numbers on a SHR-provided ride.

Or a giant beach ball

Props to Junior. Impressive. IMO this race will be about who can keep the rear tires on the car.

JR seems to really love his car. Might be the week.

Junior is at his finest this weekend. Fast. Giving huge props to Ives and the crew for his car. Believing that he can be successful. Great vibe. I respect this.

Wicked hot at the track yesterday, and It's gonna be hotter today, and tomorrow. I forgot to use sunscreen and look like a lobster.:lol2: DP was fast and pretty happy with the car. I have some pics that I will post later.

Cl0AqXcUYAALWLZ.jpg

Careful not to come off as childish, obnoxious, or moronic....I would like to be neighborly by maturely congratulating the hard working associates at TRD USA for providing Carl Edwards with the machinery necessary to place his automobile on pole for the race tomorrow. Additionally, I am proud that we have four TRD powered Toyotas in the top 10. All I am hoping for is "great racing" with "lots of fans" in the stands, and "exceptional television ratings." Winning is not important because making it so is childish, obnoxious, and/or moronic. I would like to wish the board a happy day, and may the best person win.

Back
Top Bottom