2016 Talladega - Alabama 500 - Pre Race Thread

Crap, I don't know what happened, but, none of dp's pictures are coming through! All show

:mad:

Supposedly the wing eliminated darn near all the issues we now associate with dirty air and aero push. The real issue wasn't the fans complaining about the look it was the fact that the wing wouldn't produce downforce if the car got sideways, hence the flips.

Supposedly the wing eliminated darn near all the issues we now associate with dirty air and aero push. The real issue wasn't the fans complaining about the look it was the fact that the wing wouldn't produce downforce if the car got sideways, hence the flips.
I was wondering why so many hated it, not why it went away.

As you said, I'd also heard that it didn't produce downforce when the car was sideways. But then I'd also heard that the plates on the ends made it easier to save the car before it got sideways in the first place.

Either way, it doesn't explain why some regard old wings as cool but hate the COT ones. I think it would help with appealing to the younger generations. They don't make many modifications to their cars, but slapping a wing on seems to be popular with them.

Team orders in play for Chase cut-off race at Talladega

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...y-for-chase-cut-off-race-at-talladega-840644/

When it comes to support staff, Kurt Busch will have one hell of a wingman on his side this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.

Tony Stewart has signed up to assist his teammate in whatever capacity it takes for Busch to transfer the second Stewart-Haas Racing Chevy into the Round of 8 of the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

“All I care about is Kurt,” Stewart said. “That’s the only one I care about this weekend.”
Interesting . I think folks are ok with team orders as long as it's not MWR .

SATURDAY, OCT. 22:

ON TRACK
-- 10:30 a.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Keystone Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 (Follow live)
-- 1 p.m.: NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola (94 laps, 250.04 miles), FOX (Follow live)
-- 4 p.m.: NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying, NBCSN/NBC Sports App (Follow live)

PRESS CONFERENCES (Watch live)
-- 3 p.m. approx.: Post-Camping World Truck Series race
-- 5 p.m. approx.: Post-Sprint Cup Series Coors Light Pole Qualifying

74th straight race @TalladegaSuperS with an Earnhardt running in it. This weekend @JEarnhardt1 with tribute fire suit

CvUj_MzWEAAmGVY.jpg:large

I'm glad there's someone who can do that. I remember when Kerry raced Talladega. I remember so clearly him coming around and stopping the car on the back stretch and watching the fans. It was his tradition to stop on the backstretch and people loved that moment.

Interesting . I think folks are ok with team orders as long as it's not MWR .

I wonder what would happen if kurt B was leading, pushed from behind by Danica and Stewart. Does DP push KB to the win or does she freelance? I hoe we get the chance to find out

I wonder what would happen if kurt B was leading, pushed from behind by Danica and Stewart. Does DP push KB to the win or does she freelance? I hoe we get the chance to find out
Oh no . She doesn't push him to the win. That would not be good . Let Tony do it , that would be ok . Tell her to push Jeff Gordon , everyone would love it .

As unbelievable as it may be...................................

It probably won't be anyone.

My dream is Harvick pushes her past JJ for the victory

The 30 is not there because rosch paid to give Reed a better chance of making race

Sorenson ran a 49.3 in the 55.

That Toyota must be brand spankin' new they have, that is extremely impressive.

Back
Top Bottom