2nd half...

Who do you think will make the biggest rebound during the second half of the season?

• Ward Burton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ricky Rudd

• Dale Jarrett

• Jimmy Spencer

• OTHER

• Total voters
W

Ward Burton

Who do you think will make the biggest rebound during the second half of the season?

Without a doubt Ward Burton! :bounce:

"Other" will definitly make a comeback in the second half of the season, he is really due for a victory! Come on Other! :D

Seriously, Ryan Newman

I ment to hit other but I hit Spencer instead!

But spencer very well could make a big turnaround. Spencer has ran good but alot of the time got a into some type of trouble.

If DJ does not improve, that will be a shock! I wounder whats up at RYR. Elliot is running OK and JD has been getting into alot of trouble.

I ment to say other becasue I thinkt hat Johnny will get back into running in the top 15 now that they are goign back to some tracks for the second time with the new GP! That could just be wishful thinking, but Oh well

I can't believe Smoke isn't on the list! I picked other of course. Tony always does much better the second half, and with the way his year started out, anything will be an improvement.

Originally posted by DeeDee@Jun 26 2003, 12:16 PM
I can't believe Smoke isn't on the list! I picked other of course. Tony always does much better the second half, and with the way his year started out, anything will be an improvement.
Yes, but he has done pretty good lately, 2nd best of 43! Same with Ryan Newman, he is doing pretty good now.

I think Jarrett will improve, but I see the biggest improvement being his temmate Sadler. It really seemed to hurt Elliott's performance, when they took away his car chief to give to Jarrett, nut I think he will start getting back in the swing of things at Daytona. Also Robert must release their's a serious problem with the RYR motors and they are probably working really hard to get more horsepower.

Ok,here are my opinions.

After Daytona,Mike goes backwards.Harvick will drop soon enough after being de-moralized by Robby.Those two will not be in the top ten at years end.I don't see Jimmie Johnson there either.

Tony and Ryan will be,however.The luck will turn in their favor.

Mark Martin will manage to squeeze in there somehow and Junior will slip back a bit.Also I look for Kurt Busch to rebound strongly in the second half.Remember last seasons end surge by those guys.Rusty will hold his own.

Matt and Jeff will stay where they are.So thats eight...who else?

Sterling should be in the top ten and I wouldn't be shocked to see RCR's top driver(Robby) be there either.If not Robby then Jeff Burton would fit nicely.

Just opinions.

It's got to be DJ. Things can't get any worse for him. He's not my favorite driver, but 29th in points has got to be the pits. :(

I see all your opions are biased, in your opions all the GM's are going backward and the blue ovals are moving to the front. Are you basing your opinion on driver or car? :eek:

Actually I agree with you on some of your opinions but not all of them. :eek:

Hey,it's just coincidence!

Actually,I see Junior,Gordon,Stewart and maybe Robby* sticking around.4 chevy's is all I could allow and keep my 'Edsel's were classic's'bumper sticker.

Seriously,I just don't see Mike Waltrip staying in the top ten.If he does it will surprise me.(I am shocked he is in 5th right now.)Jimmie is running just to hit-and-miss to be a real contender too,IMO.

*And I TOTALLY forgot Bobby Labonte to be honest...add him in the mix and you have more bowtie's than ovals!

Mark Martin might be wishful thinking but I never count him out.

4 Chevy's 3 Ford's 3 Dodges.IF Harvick and Mike slip and Mark moves up instead of Robby.

I guess I can go with that, getting 4 Chevy's out of you is like getting blood out of a turnip. :D

ARGGG!!!! :angry:

Seriously although Mikey HAS surprised almost everyone,do you think he can maintain his consitency?I am just amazed that he has hung in here this long.And with Daytona coming up,who knows?AHEAD of Kurt in the points!No wonder my head has been hurting all week. :)

Anyway,I have crowed when Kurt has run good.All you DEI fans will get to crow soon,I imagine. :(

And your quote button must be broken,Bowtie! :cheers:

Originally posted by 97forever@Jun 26 2003, 03:39 PM
ARGGG!!!! :angry:

Seriously although Mikey HAS surprised almost everyone,do you think he can maintain his consitency?I am just amazed that he has hung in here this long.And with Daytona coming up,who knows?AHEAD of Kurt in the points!No wonder my head has been hurting all week. :)

Anyway,I have crowed when Kurt has run good.All you DEI fans will get to crow soon,I imagine. :(

And your quote button must be broken,Bowtie! :cheers:
I agree Mikey has been a suprise, I would never have thought that he would have maintained this year. But consistent runs this season have kept him up there. I am only going to say this once, Jr has been a suprise this season as far as this goes, take away Rockingham and Charlotte and he is right on Matt's heels.

As far as Mikey keeping consistency going there is no reason why he shouldn't, we are going back to the tracks for the second time and he should be better the second time around.

I hope I have something to crow about.

NOPE, quote button is not broke. :cheers:

The entire DEI stable has improved,no doubt.Now I won't even pretend to be a DEI fan,but the depth of the team has grown a lot.Don't know how much of the credit Hmeil deserves but I sure wish Roush had him back!

It seems like the rest of the Chevy teams have finally caught Hendrick/Gordon...which is both good and bad from my point of view.Bad:makes it tough on a reduced Ford field.Good:'infighting' is EXCACTLY what is needed amongst those bowties.Let 'em fight until Yates gets back on track!

And I see the quote button is working...would have used it myself but I forgot. :wacko:

Originally posted by 97forever@Jun 26 2003, 05:39 PM
Your right, almost everyone. It seems to me that Mikey finished like 10th every race the second half of last year. I think the Aero matched cars also helped him a lot. Junior and him are communicating really well this year and he has absolutley no pressure on him to perform other than on plate tracks and to finish in the top 15.

I agree, there was a time in Cup racing when it was slanted in the Blue Oval side because of the number of well funded teams and because of the caliber of drivers. But in the last few years because of the forming of DEI, RCR fielding three teams, the addition of Jeff JR. (Jimmy Johnson), and the coach coming back home plus the fact that Penske defected to Dodge that slant has turned to the Bowtie camp.

I'm praying really hard that Ward will start coming on strong and move up in points, also like to see Jeff B. slip up in the top 10 by end of season.

Well I picked other. Seems like a lot of people likes that guy and wants him to do good. :D

Is there some bias against Dale Earnhardt Jr. on this board when I keep hearing people say "Oh Matt and Jeff will keep on top" Do I have to convince people that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is just as good of a championship contender as :dual9mm: Matt Kenseth or Jeff Gordon ? :angry:

I think my man Kevin Harvick will obviously rebound. He should take the checkered flag at Chicagoland or Atlanta and keep some good runs through the end of the season and will foster probably a Top 5 Standings finish. Another rebound driver would also be Tony Stewart, he should gradually work his way back into the Top 5.

Originally posted by Happy29@Jun 27 2003, 11:09 AM
Is there some bias against Dale Earnhardt Jr. on this board when I keep hearing people say "Oh Matt and Jeff will keep on top" Do I have to convince people that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is just as good of a championship contender as :dual9mm: Matt Kenseth or Jeff Gordon ? :angry:

I think my man Kevin Harvick will obviously rebound. He should take the checkered flag at Chicagoland or Atlanta and keep some good runs through the end of the season and will foster probably a Top 5 Standings finish. Another rebound driver would also be Tony Stewart, he should gradually work his way back into the Top 5.
Welcome aboard, Happy29! No, there is no more bias against Dale Jr as there is against Jeff Gordon. And most folks here are aware that the championship is still up in the air as there are still half a season of races to go. Most folks speak their heart and not their head when it comes to some of these conversations. You will get the hang of how most folks lean here. And, I'm sure that there will be a few folks happy (no pun intended) to see ya here!

Again, welcome aboard. :cheers:

Thank you majesty, I must admit my entry into this board has been more explosive than usual. Well, hope to talk further more and hopefully escape this "Punk Rookie" status.

Originally posted by Happy29@Jun 27 2003, 11:27 AM
Thank you majesty, I must admit my entry into this board has been more explosive than usual. Well, hope to talk further more and hopefully escape this "Punk Rookie" status.
That happens at post 201! Get to posting! ;)

I'm going as fast as I can, trying for 50 posts alone today. I assume 201 posts is like getting your first Win right ?

Originally posted by Happy29@Jun 27 2003, 11:09 AM

Not a bias against Jr. at all.Some die-hard Jr. fans are on here.

Some think Jr. is as good as Matt or Jeff.I dont agree with that but all opinions should be welcomed. :) Just a raging debate that goes on and on and on.Now that the plate-race is coming up you can expect a LOT of 'heated' debate on the performance of the DEI cars.All in good fun and the spirit of argument.For me personally to agree that Jr. is as serious a title contender as Jeff will take a LOT of convincing though.And I am certainly not a Gordon fan either.

As for Harvick?mmmmm?Just don't know about a rebound,but then I thought Greg Biffle would have won by now!A hard to predict sport and you just never know.Stewart I agree with...he will make a run for it.

Anyway,welcome to the forum and have fun Happy! :cheers:

(And yeah,201 is just like that first win....just dis-engage the traction control BEFORE the burnout!!Otherwise it looks suspicious.)

Back
Top Bottom