#3 Tribute Lap Pics

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too bad NBC hardly showed a thing and that there were no post race interviews :angry:

Attachments

• __and_24_victory_lap_tribute.jpg
    __and_24_victory_lap_tribute.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 140
This is for TRL!

Attachments

• Dale_Sr_earnhardtthatsracin.jpg
    Dale_Sr_earnhardtthatsracin.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 124
NBC showed the whole pace laps and burnout!

That kinda gave me a lump in my thorat seeign that car out there, too bad it did not say goodwrench on the side.

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510@Oct 12 2003, 12:13 PM
NBC showed the whole pace laps and burnout!

That kinda gave me a lump in my thorat seeign that car out there, too bad it did not say goodwrench on the side.
My oops, I must have tuned in late and only saw a bit, but did you like the pics?

No post race interviews ticked me off!

I know, they shouldve showed post race interviews, after they cut it short. Here in Nevada, the thing NBC put on afterwards was some crap bout the San Diego Chargers for like 2 hours. Guess it was a whole lot different for the people in the east coast because I guess the nightly news was probably scheduled to go on air.

i was not home to see the race. but most night races on NBC. (our locial news ch) the race will end around 10pm or just after 10.

boy i wish i got to see the 3 car back on the track.

No one else saw interviews either. I thought that it was just a Minnesota thing.

I thought that #24 car's special paint scheme looked way cool.I could have done without the black car,at least it didn't wreck out any cars on the parade lap :lol: :D

Originally posted by 24thunder@Oct 13 2003, 05:30 AM
I thought that #24 car's special paint scheme looked way cool.I could have done without the black car,at least it didn't wreck out any cars on the parade lap :lol: :D
:eek: that was not a good idea

While Jeff's tribute was greatly downplayed, I was not bothered by that at all. This was really about Earnhardt fans getting chance to remember a great driver who is no longer with us. They deserved to have that moment.

Originally posted by 24thunder@Oct 13 2003, 12:30 AM
:yawner:

Thanks for the pic, kat. It still hurts that he's not out on the track.

Seeing that car out there was really, really hard and yet, really wonderful, at the same time. I shed a few tears over the sense of loss, but still had a smile for good times.

I was totally PO'd at the lack of post-race interviews. Here in Texas, we got the 10 o'clock news ---- whoopee.
Watching Victory Lan on Sunday night just wasn't the same. Poo on NBC.

Originally posted by 24thunder@Oct 12 2003, 11:30 PM
Whatever, it was a way for the drivers and Nascar to honor Winston.

I wish they would have showed this amount of coverage to all of the other victory laps. This would have been a great boost to those new to Nascar to learn about the history. I have been a fan for about 10-15 years but do not remember much about drivers like Kulwicki and others. For being a tribute to the Winston brand, Nascar is not publicizing it much.

Must be the whole cigarette thing, which I will not get into.

dino, I know that at Bristol the lap was run 2 hours before the race.

Someone higher up decided that the laps weren't newsworthy --- don't know if it was NASCAR or NBC. I think they finally heard the stink the TV audience was raising and decided that the #3 was newsworthy enough to show.

But, like you, I'm PO'd that the other tributes weren't shown.

Originally posted by 24thunder@Oct 13 2003, 05:30 AM
I thought that #24 car's special paint scheme looked way cool.I could have done without the black car,at least it didn't wreck out any cars on the parade lap :lol:  :D
i don't see any humor what so ever in that statement, i can only hope you never have the same thing happen to your driver as happened to mine.

i have been called on the carpet by the mod. so i won't say what i would really like to say to you ! :angry: :angry:

Originally posted by de7xwcc+Oct 13 2003, 03:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (de7xwcc @ Oct 13 2003, 03:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--24thunder@Oct 13 2003, 05:30 AM
I thought that #24 car's special paint scheme looked way cool.I could have done without the black car,at least it didn't wreck out any cars on the parade lap :lol:  :D
i don't see any humor what so ever in that statement, i can only hope you never have the same thing happen to your driver as happened to mine.

i have been called on the carpet by the mod. so i won't say what i would really like to say to you ! :angry: :angry: [/b][/quote]
de7, Altho I don't agree with all of the post of 24thunder, your's is out of line BIG TIME. I'm no mod, but you need to learn to RESPECT ALL! :angry:

Originally posted by kat2220+Oct 13 2003, 08:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kat2220 @ Oct 13 2003, 08:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -de7xwcc@Oct 13 2003, 03:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--24thunder
@Oct 13 2003, 05:30 AM

i have been called on the carpet by the mod. so i won't say what i would really like to say to you ! :angry: :angry:
de7, Altho I don't agree with all of the post of 24thunder, your's is out of line BIG TIME. I'm no mod, but you need to learn to RESPECT ALL! :angry: [/b][/quote]
now you tell me just how my post is out of line ??

24 seems to have a problem with the black car, I said i hope the same fate NEVR happens to his driver

what i would really like to say is directed at 24thunder not Jeff or you !

Apologies as I was reacting. We try to respect each other and all drivers who put their lives on the line in whaterer series. I don't like that comment by 24thunder about the black car at all!

Attachments

• 3_car_Dale_SR_copy_of_car3motion.gif
    3_car_Dale_SR_copy_of_car3motion.gif
    53 KB · Views: 135
That comment was completely out of line and unnecessary for 24thunder to even think much less post. I am very disappointed that such a remark..........never mind on that. I certainly don't think, or at least I hope, that it was not intended to be hurtful of our DE Sr. fans. :(

I was not able to get home in time to see the parade laps, and I am certainly hoping that I got it on tape. (I was coming home from after the Truck race.)

apologies accepted, some just can't seem to understand what it's like to lose your fav. driver and i hope they don't ever have to

My opinion over the whole tribute thing?It was a fitting sign of respect for a driver that let it all hang out for this sport. Not a big fan of Dale Sr. and certainly other drivers were deserving as well. That said the tribute was still worth showing for a man that was sadly killed while doing what he loved. If a non- Dale fan like me can watch it and be touched anyone should be able too.

Originally posted by majestyx@Oct 13 2003, 03:25 PM

I was not able to get home in time to see the parade laps, and I am certainly hoping that I got it on tape. (I was coming home from after the Truck race.)
maj, I do have the parade laps on tape if you need a copy.

To y'all, I will miss Dale forever. I have had many favorite drivers over my many years and pray that no driver suffers the same fate as Dale.

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 13 2003, 03:29 PM
My opinion over the whole tribute thing?It was a fitting sign of respect for a driver that let it all hang out for this sport. Not a big fan of Dale Sr. and certainly other drivers were deserving as well. That said the tribute was still worth showing for a man that was sadly killed while doing what he loved. If a non- Dale fan like me can watch it and be touched anyone should be able too.
Damn man I'm gonna cry.

In all seriousness de7, you learn to overlook the remarks made by some people on this board. It was cruel and uncalled for but that is coming from someone who knows their driver will never be what Dale Sr was.

Bowtie , it was hard enough watchin (i try to hard to hide my emotions) guess i just kinda have a hard time havin thick skin when it comes to DE.

boy I probably would of gotten kicked out of this forum if I saw that idiotic, stupid, moronic statement by 24thunder at the time it was posted, dale sr. death made me look at cup racing different, There's like a void without him racing. Ya know maybe jeff gordon might get more than 7 cup titles but he still WON'T be as good a driver than dale sr. In my opinion gordon will fall way short of 7 titles like dale sr.

Originally posted by steveluvs3@Oct 13 2003, 04:43 PM
boy I probably would of gotten kicked out of this forum if I saw that idiotic, stupid, moronic statement by 24thunder at the time it was posted, dale sr. death made me look at cup racing different, There's like a void without him racing. Ya know maybe jeff gordon might get more than 7 cup titles but he still WON'T be as good a driver than dale sr. In my opinion gordon will fall way short of 7 titles like dale sr.
:wacko: you're probably close to being right. We also don't care for name calling here either. And your statement regarding Jeff Gordon is just that, your opinion. Mine however is quite different. I hold Dale Sr. with the highest respect in his accomplishments as a driver. I have the same respect for Jeff Gordon. I also respect every other driver who straps himself/herself into a car.

Originally posted by majestyx+Oct 13 2003, 05:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Oct 13 2003, 05:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--steveluvs3@Oct 13 2003, 04:43 PM
:wacko: you're probably close to being right. We also don't care for name calling here either. And your statement regarding Jeff Gordon is just that, your opinion. Mine however is quite different. I hold Dale Sr. with the highest respect in his accomplishments as a driver. I have the same respect for Jeff Gordon. I also respect every other driver who straps himself/herself into a car. [/b][/quote]
Thank YOU maj, that was a perfect response and some need to re-read TRL's little reminder!

Please forum friends, no bashing a poster or driver ( past or prest.

We are not about disrespect or lowering to the depths of some trashy forums!

This forum is reaching new lows, lots of people who make hateful comments about great drivers.

Remember folks, bashing one guy begets more bashing.

Gosh, lots of people want to take this forum straight to hell with comments like 24thunder's.

I think I kept it clean I attacked the statement not the poster, I think jeff gordon is a great driver but will never be as great as dale sr. but I guess time will tell

Back
Top Bottom