All stories about Smoke

That would be cool. He probably had some more races scheduled in the #33 anyways so it shouldn't be hard to switch over.
Dillon is schedule to do a few more Cup races in the #33 car in a vehicle prepared by Richard Childress Racing and fielded by Circle Sport Racing but could easily move to SHR for those events

Yep.

SiriusXM NASCAR

Tuesday at 2PM ET, we'll take you LIVE to @StewartHaasRcng where #TonyStewart will address the media for the first time after his accident.

SiriusXM NASCAR

Tuesday at 2PM ET, we'll take you LIVE to @StewartHaasRcng where #TonyStewart will address the media for the first time after his accident.
#Entertainment #BraceForWhining #AngryStewart #PissedOffOwner

BTPkltsIMAAKYL3.jpg

I wore one of those things for a while..Won't take him too long to want to be out of that thing, better than crutches though. Steps are hell.:)

While that is a walking cast he's doing anything but walking. From the way he talked during his press conference, it'll be a while. He hasn't even learned how to use crutches yet. Although he wouldn't elaborate, he will be @ Richmond this weekend sporting himself a new mode of transportation that he purchased online. Who knows what the heck that will be?

he said at the press conference that he has a scooter. He already raced one of the guys that has one that works there, and he won.:) some of those electric scooters are pretty fast, I used to pick up a guy that had a good one, his would do almost 20MPH and had a 40 mile range. Had suspension, mag wheels..heck of a wheel chair.

I did hear him talking about that but he made it sound like he'll be doing something different at the track.

anyone know where to find a full length version of the interview?

What were the bullet points dp? Too lazy to go through an hour and half of video. ;)

What were the bullet points dp? Too lazy to go through an hour and half of video. ;)
  • Scares him to look at his own injury.
  • He's on target for a February return.
  • Pissed at Kyle Petty for remarks he made about shafting Newman.
  • Will continue to run Sprint cars on a more limited schedule.
  • In touch with his race teams on race day from his bed at home.
  • Will be there this Saturday.
  • Not at odds with Gene.
  • Learning how to use crutches.
  • Getting ready to start rehab. Told it will hurt like all hell.

I'm sure there's much more but I was in and out.

• Scares him to look at his own injury.
  • He's on target for a February return.
  • Pissed at Kyle Petty for remarks he made about shafting Newman.
  • Will continue to run Sprint cars on a more limited schedule.
  • In touch with his race teams on race day from his bed at home.
  • Will be there this Saturday.
  • Not at odds with Gene.
  • Learning how to use crutches.
  • Getting ready to start rehab. Told it will hurt like all hell.
I'm sure there's much more but I was in and out.

funny freudian slip..........he referred ta busch/haas team as "his car" ......ie--haas'
bet that's gonna be an accting nitemare. ha! 3 shr cars.....1 hr car.

I hadn't read the reason for his recent surgery until this morning. I thought it was all part of the normal road to recovery for someone in his situation but apparently not. When he first met the media and hosted the press conference he said that they were right on target for his recover process. Personally, I think this most recent surgery for infection can't be looked at as anything other than a setback for him. He still says that he'll be ready for the start of next season. I sure hope he's right on this.

Stewart Eager to Resume Therapy

Tony Stewart says he’s eager for his doctor’s appointment Wednesday to see how an infection that has sidetracked his recovery is healing.

Stewart said in a video chat Tuesday night on NASCAR.com that the third surgery on his broken right leg Oct. 7 was because of the infection.

“That was the biggest thing they talked about after the surgery,’’ said Stewart, who had two surgeries shortly after he broke his right leg in a sprint car crash Aug. 5 in Iowa. “I was more worried about bones healing and skin healing. The doctor was more worried about infection and really said the first two months were kind of the critical time. We were at the end of that two months for the most part and, all of a sudden, a spot popped up that was infected and that caused the surgery last week.

“I went from starting to walk again - not great, not just walking around the house like normal, but I could take eight or 10 steps at a time - to having to spend the majority of the day again (after the surgery) laying down.’’

Stewart said he’s thought about Wednesday’s doctor visit for the last three days. He’s curious to see how his leg is healing since the infected area has been wrapped.

“I’m really looking forward to getting back to physical therapy again and starting to get back on my feet again,’’ he said.

Stewart admits it’s been “tough’’ being out of the car but he talked on the NASCAR.com chat about the response from fans when he’s been at the track.

“The humbling part is even people that may have some other driver’s shirt on, they come by and say, “Get healed up soon, we miss you being at the track.’ That’s something that’s really meant a lot to me.’’

Team officials say that Stewart is still expected to be ready for the start of next season.

When he returns, he’ll have two new teammates in Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch, who both join Stewart-Haas Racing. Danica Patrick returns.

The time out of the car has given Stewart more of a chance to asses his team and Patrick in particular. After Mark Martin fell out of Saturday’s race at Charlotte with engine troubles, Stewart said he focused on Patrick’s performance.

“It was fun to watch Danica,’’ Stewart said. “I’ve watched her enough now that I can tell without even looking at a stopwatch if she’s comfortable in the car or not. This weekend she finished two laps down (in 20th), but there was a point in the race where second, third and fourth and caught her and got around her, but she raced with those cars. She actually ran them back down.

“You can tell she really is good at learning and watching other people and being around good cars. If we can get her qualified a little better and she gets starting around better cars, I think it’s really going to turn her around.’’

Stewart also took fan questions during the NASCAR.com chat on a variety of topics during the chat, which lasted about 30 minutes.

Asked what’s left in his bucket list in NASCAR, Stewart said: “Still a Southern 500 win. I haven’t won at Kentucky, and a Daytona 500. If I could accomplish those three things, I would never complain about anything ever again when it comes to my NASCAR career, I would say it’s completed.

“I think Daytona is still the toughest. It’s just so hard. The cars are so even at Daytona and Talladega. If you can stay in the lead draft, you’ve got an opportunity to win. It’s being at the right place at the right time.’’

Asked what race he’d like to run over again, Stewart said: “Losing the one to Ryan Newman (in the 2008 Daytona 500) ... that’s one I would like to do over again, which the end result may have ended up with me crashing by changing lanes. I saw him coming. They were coming at such a high rate of speed that I was scared that if I tried to change lanes and make him have to push me that it was going to wreck me and a bunch of other people. Just to test that theory out, I did that a year ago at Talladega and crashed the whole field instead.’’

Asked about his expectations next year for Stewart-Haas Racing with all the changes, Stewart said: “I feel like if we can get through all the building and expansion and get focused on building the racecars for next year, I think the possibilities are endless for next year. Kurt and Kevin have a great working relationship because of their RCR tie now. Dancia and I work really well together. I think the four of us will work well together. The theory is that if two is better than one, then four should be better than three. Hopefully, we can do a good job of getting not only Kevin’s team turned around with new people but at the same time building a new team for Kurt.’’

from here

Back
Top Bottom