All stories about Smoke

Just a heads up..... Smoke's, now once a year, radio show is on Sirius NASCAR Radio tonight @ 7pm. Tony Stewart Live is on tonight @ 7pm followed by endless replays over the off season. I think that they are still running their free preview through tonight @ midnight so your old radio's should work.

@JennaFryer

Tony Stewart has added to his growing list of businesses, acquires All Stars and Renegades sprint car series.

Stewart becomes sole owner of All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series, the original winged sprint car tour.

Separate agreement w/ principals of Renegade Sprint Series brings drivers from both series’ together under All Star Circuit of Champions

I guess he might have one foot out of NASCAR as a driver. I think he will retire soon as well. That is a lot of work to deal with.
I'd guess he's got people that will handle the day to day operations of all of that. From what I've read about Tony recently, after the Jeff Gordon announcement, it sounds like Tony is going nowhere anytime soon. I think he's here for a while to come.

TonyStewart: 'I'm going back to being me again' :cool:

B8dHZgfCUAAgVnL.jpg

Last edited:
Tony Stewart sounds off on qualifying, a rule change and his pet pig

Tony Stewart took to the airwaves Tuesday night on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, discussing a variety of topics, including his thoughts on group qualifying at restrictor-plate tracks, his future as a sprint car driver, a rule change for the Camping World Truck race at Eldora and why his pet pig is called Pork Chop.

Teammate Kevin Harvick, the defending NASCAR Sprint Cup champion, joined Stewart on “Tony Stewart Live.”

Among the topics they discussed:

The Daytona 500 will feature group qualifying for the first time to set the front row and the starting lineups for the duel qualifying races.

“To be perfectly honest, I am not a big fan of that,’’ Stewart said of group qualifying at a restrictor-plate track. “It’s exciting to watch, but the thing that most don’t realize is that, first of all, you’re trying to be the last guy to come out (to get the aerodynamic advantage). Once those guys in the back get that run and make that first lap, the last thing they want to do is go ahead and run that next lap full throttle and give the guys they just passed the same opportunity.

“So what you have is guys dumping out of the throttle and closing rates that are not good at all. You can’t hardly see through the guy in from of you. If somebody does something three or four cars up there and your spotter can’t tell you about, it has a lot of potential to be, you know, bad.

“It’s qualifying. We have enough trouble wrecking cars at restrictor-plate tracks as it is. I do like the idea that it’s traditional as far as locking in the front row. I think that is something that is important. I think there’s ways that maybe in the future NASCAR could do a little different.

“I think all in all the whole qualifying format for the year was awesome. I thought that was one of the best changes and one of the easiest changes NASCAR had to make. It was a really, really good decision on their part. It brings a lot of excitement on Friday, I’m just not crazy about it at Daytona and Talladega.”

more on what Tony had to say can be read here

Good deal with purchasing the All Star CoC. I dont follow winged sprints on a weekly basis, never have. It isnt as big where I live. But I am interested in how this will manifest.

I wonder if his team with Donny Schatz will be running WoO or the ASCoC. I am believing there will be some cross over opportunities to run some one off events for either one. If winning more championships is a priority and I have to believe it is, then one of the two series will be have to chosen as the primary focus. No way to pursue both.

Probably hard for both to be a national superpower series. One will be the premier, or big dog. Still the same I glad Tony is doing this, he loves it, will do it right, and he is a big enough force to make it happen.

I wish someone could build something similar for short track super late models that would be even more prestigious than the old ASA days. Not to replace or rival Nascar, just provide a good prestigous home for the ones that never stepped up to Nascars big three tours.
But nascar is too territorial to let that happen.

I was expecting that to be a condition set by the Ward family.

and how wold they do this exactly? They have no power over Tony Stewart.

Although I wouldn't be a surprise if this was a stipulation by his sponsors.

Hope that he will..one day.

But he's doing the right thing by staying away from Sprints for the time being.

From Media Day

"Classic Tony Stewart for you. 'Let me get you out of those dirty clothes and get you clean.'" -- Carl Edwards (on Stewart's smooth talking with Miss Coors Light after she participated in a JELL-O race)

Source

Back
Top Bottom