All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah you are right about that,Jr was/is in the same category, I couldn't understand how a whole bunch of me too's would get up and leave a race because Jr would wreck or whatever. I think it's great that he is doing better but the best driving exhibition in Nascar this year has been Ambrose and Almindinger, Last year it was Dillon and Elliott in the trucks at mo sport. to me that is what the sport is all about, do ya kinda get it, I like drivers that can hang it out and drive it to the max. I have said many times I am not much of a one horse pony fan after three of my drivers I used to root for when I was a young whipper died while racing. I like a whole bunch of drivers in all types of racing, I love the whole autosport deal. Wasn't enthused last year with celebrity Pastrana buying his way into the sport, and the same is with Danica last year wrecking more than driving. Pole sitter on a track where you hold it wide open? not impressed, hit the pole on a road course, or a short or intermediate, much better, your driving then.

Good read. I'm a road course fan myself and would love her to fight for a win there. I know about super speedways but there is a art of "seeing the draft" something that big E could do, and to be precise, think Patrick can do as well.

I get what you mean about Ambrose and Dinger, but ya need to add Larson in there. If there was a guy I REALLY root for outside Patrick,it would be him. I also understand the bit about buying your way in, and why it angers a lot of folks. We will agree to disagree there (Lots of folks get their rides different ways).

a driver like Larson bashed his way into the sport by pure talent. There are plenty of drivers just like him, even better, that will never see a top ride. I know that is the way it goes more often than silver spooners filling the seat. I don't really care who gets there and how, but as a fan, whoever it is sitting in a top seat, I want to see better driving than I think I can do. I can speed on pit row, glance off pit crews, run into other drivers on the track, and spin out all by myself.

a driver like Larson bashed his way into the sport by pure talent. There are plenty of drivers just like him, even better, that will never see a top ride. I know that is the way it goes more often than silver spooners filling the seat. I don't really care who gets there and how, but as a fan, whoever it is sitting in a top seat, I want to see better driving than I think I can do. I can speed on pit row, glance off pit crews, run into other drivers on the track, and spin out all by myself.

I like you SOI. You have high standards for the sport we love

If TRL delete's this thread and forbids any Danica bashing in other threads then the haters/bashers that we've picked up in the last year and a half or so would go into the DT's for hatred withdrawal. And that could be a good thing.

This is strange. Craigslist personals has a section dedicated to DP. o_O

Sorry, StandOnIT... There are lots of us Danica fans out here but you are crazy if you think we are going to pulled into posting in this thread. The fact that it has lasted this long and you all (supposed non-fans of Danica) find the need to constantly tell each other how bad Danica is just tells us all we need to know about how our driver moves the needle.

Personally, I don't care if you like Danica or think she is competent...she is my driver and I support her (I don't need a bunch of folks on a racing forum telling me who to like or root for). I mostly lurk in the other threads on this forum because there is some good information to be found...but this thread and some of the posts in it are just a joke and the the joke isn't on the driver of the #10 car but of the folks that say they don't like her but can't stop talking about her.

Pretty cool to hear from some of her detractors that it's nothing personal . It's just that women "are different from men and can't compete physically" and that "while they are doing OK racing in a straight line ,it is more reflexes and not endurance " . So basically , they don't dislike Danica , they just dislike women in a man's sport . I'm sure that you must feel a lot better about the forum now.

Pretty cool to hear from some of her detractors that it's nothing personal . It's just that women "are different from men and can't compete physically" and that "while they are doing OK racing in a straight line ,it is more reflexes and not endurance " . So basically , they don't dislike Danica , they just dislike women in a man's sport . I'm sure that you must feel a lot better about the forum now.

here is my problem with it Ted, you can chew on this for a while and see what you can come up with. A driver that is that low in the standings is lucky to make 6 figures not 8.

There is something about a lower 20's (28) place driver making over 13 mil a year just because she is a female that bothers me..it ain't ever going to be right in my world. It can be in yours though.

here is my problem with it Ted, you can chew on this for a while and see what you can come up with. A driver that is that low in the standings is lucky to make 6 figures not 8.

There is something about a lower 20's (28) place driver making over 13 mil a year just because she is a female that bothers me..it ain't ever going to be right in my world. It can be in yours though.

100% agree . Danica has no business making that kind of money . We need to teach our daughters to strive for mediocrity and never be uppity .

I don't think being a woman hinders Danica. In my estimation, a woman is just as likely to succeed as a man in Nascar. Danica is just a middling talent at best but so are plenty other guys on the track.
Talent isn't gender specific.
I personally don't think Danica will ever win a race because she doesn't have enough innate talent to do so or work up to doing so. Of course, I mightve said the same thing about mikey at some point too.

I don't think being a woman hinders Danica. In my estimation, a woman is just as likely to succeed as a man in Nascar. Danica is just a middling talent at best but so are plenty other guys on the track.
Talent isn't gender specific.
I personally don't think Danica will ever win a race because she doesn't have enough innate talent to do so or work up to doing so. Of course, I mightve said the same thing about mikey at some point too.

And if Danica wins, I see it coming very similarly to Michael Waltrip. She'll win on a plate track with someone pushing her.

God help us all if Danica Patrick wins the Daytona 500.

Greetings all. I be your new guy here. I have been following this site for some time and figured it be time for me to join in the fun.

I guess I may be in the short line, about Danica, as I feel she wil win a cup race. She has the desire, determination, attitude and equipment to successfully accomplish her goals. No I am not a Danica fan, Smoke is the man and I hope and pray he will over come the tradgey he is in the midst of.

I am glad I joined in and hope you don't throw too many rocks at me, as I am recovering from major lumbar surgery and it will be hard to dodge many of them.

Greetings all. I be your new guy here. I have been following this site for some time and figured it be time for me to join in the fun.

I guess I may be in the short line, about Danica, as I feel she wil win a cup race. She has the desire, determination, attitude and equipment to successfully accomplish her goals. No I am not a Danica fan, Smoke is the man and I hope and pray he will over come the tradgey he is in the midst of.

I am glad I joined in and hope you don't throw too many rocks at me, as I am recovering from major lumbar surgery and it will be hard to dodge many of them.
Welcome.

Welcome.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/04/...aign=zergnet_161950&ncid=txtlnkusaolp00001346

If you thought you knew everything about NASCAR driver Danica Patrick, think again. When the 32-year-old sat down with AOL.com's Brian Balthazar, one of the most successful professional female race car drivers in history revealed five things that might surprise you.

1. Danica has anxiety behind the wheel

She may have the ultimate control on the speedway when she's suited up for a big race, but when she's going to the grocery store in a civilian car the anxiety sets in. "I'm very impatient. I have physical anxiety when riding in a car with someone or driving," says Patrick. She explains that even if she's got her own two hands on the wheel she's still got that need for speed. "If I can't get my way through or if somebody's driving next to someone who won't go... bumper-to-bumper traffic doesn't bother me because there's nothing I can do about it. But if I see open road in front of the car that's in front of me, I get very frustrated... Go!" Take notes, people. If you see Danica Patrick in the rear view mirror? Move!

2. Danica drives crazier than her racer boyfriend

Yes, she's the female face of NASCAR, but there's nothing girly about her behind the wheel. She tells AOL.com that when it comes to driving off the track the only person she'll cede the wheel to is her boyfriend, fellow NASCAR driver Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. "My boyfriend is a race car driver so then now we have a whole new scenario. I drive a lot more crazy on the road than him so I let him get the tickets potentially, not me." How considerate!

3. When she was single, guys wouldn't talk to her?

Patrick is not just a top-notch race car driver but she commands her model looks on-screen and in print as she did in the ever-popular Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue back in 2008. But believe it or not, she tells us, when she was single guys didn't really hit on her. She jokingly said, "Apparently, I'm intimidating! That's why no one wants to talk to me and no guy likes me." (um, side note, a LOT of guys like you!) "Someone talked to me! That's all it took!" When it comes to the first move, she laughed and said, "I don't know, I think it comes from friendships, you know, that are easy."

4. It's not that lonely at the top!

You'd think in the male-dominated sport of race car driving, Patrick would want to look over the rim of her helmet to send a nod to a fellow female so she wouldn't be the only gal grooving her way through the testosterone. But she tells us, it's not about the gender, it's about the race. "I like being a role model. I like being different. It's cool. It makes me feel special. It makes me feel confident in a lot of ways, but I wouldn't care either way. I would still have that determination to beat them whether they were a guy or a girl out there, but it's fun to be different."

5. Which famous race car driver inspired her? No one!

At 32, Danica could easily have built her career by witnessing some of the greats of race car driving when she was a kid. But she says she actually didn't have a raceway role model! "I learned a lot from my mom and my dad. I didn't really have an idol or a role model. I wanted to be the first me, not the next somebody else. I didn't think of myself wanting to be like anyone."

It's easy to see why Danica Patrick is a groundbreaker and now a role model to others. If you've been a fan of Patrick's and have lead-foot envy, you may want to check out her latest toy called the CanAm Spyder. A three-wheeled motorcycle-like vehicle Danica says makes you feel, "...naughty! You're out on the road and you're like 'Wait! There's nothing around me! Is this legal? Trust me, it's very fun." For more information check out canamspyder.com.

I'm really getting frustrated with Danica...he has had some decent qualifying runs but damn I wish she would get her act together for the race

I totally agree. She has said it herself...when they are running good the mechanics of the car crap out and when shes runnning poor shes usually driving the best...from what I have seen its pretty much the case

Welcome pawn , glad to have a new point of view . Hope you'll keep contributing to the conversation . Get well soon .

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/04/...aign=zergnet_161950&ncid=txtlnkusaolp00001346

If you thought you knew everything about NASCAR driver Danica Patrick, think again. When the 32-year-old sat down with AOL.com's Brian Balthazar, one of the most successful professional female race car drivers in history revealed five things that might surprise you.

1. Danica has anxiety behind the wheel

She may have the ultimate control on the speedway when she's suited up for a big race, but when she's going to the grocery store in a civilian car the anxiety sets in. "I'm very impatient. I have physical anxiety when riding in a car with someone or driving," says Patrick. She explains that even if she's got her own two hands on the wheel she's still got that need for speed. "If I can't get my way through or if somebody's driving next to someone who won't go... bumper-to-bumper traffic doesn't bother me because there's nothing I can do about it. But if I see open road in front of the car that's in front of me, I get very frustrated... Go!" Take notes, people. If you see Danica Patrick in the rear view mirror? Move!

2. Danica drives crazier than her racer boyfriend

Yes, she's the female face of NASCAR, but there's nothing girly about her behind the wheel. She tells AOL.com that when it comes to driving off the track the only person she'll cede the wheel to is her boyfriend, fellow NASCAR driver Ricky Stenhouse, Jr. "My boyfriend is a race car driver so then now we have a whole new scenario. I drive a lot more crazy on the road than him so I let him get the tickets potentially, not me." How considerate!

3. When she was single, guys wouldn't talk to her?

Patrick is not just a top-notch race car driver but she commands her model looks on-screen and in print as she did in the ever-popular Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue back in 2008. But believe it or not, she tells us, when she was single guys didn't really hit on her. She jokingly said, "Apparently, I'm intimidating! That's why no one wants to talk to me and no guy likes me." (um, side note, a LOT of guys like you!) "Someone talked to me! That's all it took!" When it comes to the first move, she laughed and said, "I don't know, I think it comes from friendships, you know, that are easy."

4. It's not that lonely at the top!

You'd think in the male-dominated sport of race car driving, Patrick would want to look over the rim of her helmet to send a nod to a fellow female so she wouldn't be the only gal grooving her way through the testosterone. But she tells us, it's not about the gender, it's about the race. "I like being a role model. I like being different. It's cool. It makes me feel special. It makes me feel confident in a lot of ways, but I wouldn't care either way. I would still have that determination to beat them whether they were a guy or a girl out there, but it's fun to be different."

5. Which famous race car driver inspired her? No one!

At 32, Danica could easily have built her career by witnessing some of the greats of race car driving when she was a kid. But she says she actually didn't have a raceway role model! "I learned a lot from my mom and my dad. I didn't really have an idol or a role model. I wanted to be the first me, not the next somebody else. I didn't think of myself wanting to be like anyone."

It's easy to see why Danica Patrick is a groundbreaker and now a role model to others. If you've been a fan of Patrick's and have lead-foot envy, you may want to check out her latest toy called the CanAm Spyder. A three-wheeled motorcycle-like vehicle Danica says makes you feel, "...naughty! You're out on the road and you're like 'Wait! There's nothing around me! Is this legal? Trust me, it's very fun." For more information check out canamspyder.com.

how I relate to Danicas interview:
1) I live in Las Vegas, everyone here has anxiety and is impatient behind the wheel
2) she didn't need to tell the interviewer that she's a crazier driver than Ricky, we see it every Sunday
3) Although she does have a cute face, she's flat in the front & back. Not sayin she'd get kicked out of bed but most dudes like girls with some kind of build like say Gina Carano.
4) Anyone who doesn't think she's enjoying being the only girl out there isn't being realistic.
5) based on her performance in NASCAR so far, I think it'd be an insult to whomever if she were to say so & so driver inspired me. It's good that no one has been her inspiration. So now when the first girl that can actually get results comes along she can say that Patrick was her inspiration to actually be competitive & not a constant back marker...

Danica sounds like a typical woman driver & a typical woman that has too many insecurities.

....She has the desire, determination, attitude and equipment to successfully accomplish her goals....
There is one very important factor missing from that equation.... Talent.

She may eventually accomplish her goal and win a race, but it will likely have more to do with luck than talent/ability.

Welcome to the forum.

Yesterday, Patrick became the first woman to qualify 27th for a cup race on The Atlanta Motor Speedway. Her previous attempts were 23rd and 21st, both also records.

She'll have the opportunity to become the first woman to finish less than two laps down when the race begins tomorrow evening.

Larson is really talented but the only reason he got noticed is because of the Drive for Diversity program. If he wasn't half Japanese he wouldn't be eligible for the program and no one would know who he was.

That's basically what you said. Kinda surprised by that comment.
Oh, so me reiterating what Danica said herself that she gets impatient & nervous and probably irrational in traffic like 80% women and is worried about her appearance with men like 100% of women - means that shes a frail weakling that has 0 talent behind the wheel of a race car? Well **** me running. Im enlightened!

Oh, so me reiterating what Danica said herself that she gets impatient & nervous and probably irrational in traffic like 80% women and is worried about her appearance with men like 100% of women - means that shes a frail weakling that has 0 talent behind the wheel of a race car? Well **** me running. Im enlightened!
What the hell chex? You hate women!?

Larson is really talented but the only reason he got noticed is because of the Drive for Diversity program. If he wasn't half Japanese he wouldn't be eligible for the program and no one would know who he was.

I always wondered how he got into a Cup car so fast.. Learn something new everyday..
Just learned recently he walks his cat
image.jpg

It's not that she is a woman....It's the fact she is a mediocore driver at best...
On any given day, the back lot of SHR looks like a St. (Danica) Patricks day parade, with all the wrecked green cars back there.

It's not that she is a woman....It's the fact she is a mediocore driver at best...
On any given day, the back lot of SHR looks like a St. (Danica) Patricks day parade, with all the wrecked green cars back there.

That's my point , Majic , for a lot of the posters on this Danica hate thread , it IS that she is a woman . If everyone agreed that she is 'mediocore at best' there would be no Danica hate thread. You got Danica Fan saying she is better than mediocore , a whole bunch of people saying she's medicore at best , and a bunch who can't get past the fact that she is a woman . Just an opinion from the seniors home , but my nurse agrees . :)

That's my point , Majic , for a lot of the posters on this Danica hate thread , it IS that she is a woman . If everyone agreed that she is 'mediocore at best' there would be no Danica hate thread. You got Danica Fan saying she is better than mediocore , a whole bunch of people saying she's medicore at best , and a bunch who can't get past the fact that she is a woman . Just an opinion from the seniors home , but my nurse agrees . :)

So what? A lot of the Danica supporters pull for her simply because she is a woman. Is it ok to support her simply because she's a woman, but not ok to pull against her for the same reason?

I don't like JJ because he's smug and he wins too much.
I don't like Stewart because he's fat.

Since when does a fan need a valid reason to pull against a certain driver?

So what? A lot of the Danica supporters pull for her simply because she is a woman. Is it ok to support her simply because she's a woman, but not ok to pull against her for the same reason?

I don't like JJ because he's smug and he wins too much.
I don't like Stewart because he's fat.

Since when does a fan need a valid reason to pull against a certain driver?
How many fans didnt like gordon based on his paint scheme & alleged sexual preferences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom