All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hope she has a banner day at Atlanta, she went from finishing 6 laps down her first time to 2 laps down her last. Hopefully she can play her lucky dog strategy and there will be many cautions.

Typical woman driver? Sounds like a msyoginst statement
Who smelt it, dealt it.

I cant count how many times I've had to take evasive maneuvers from a car on the highway only to figure out a female was behind the wheel. My first and only accident was from a woman who collided with the rear of my car because she was following to close and not paying attention. I know I'm not the only one who has experienced similar occurrences with women drivers because the ****king stereotype exists. Its not misogynist to think that women are bad drivers when speaking from experience. Its wisdom. Now kindly step off my nuts with that feminist bullcrap before Danica slaps the wall again.

^ Generalized statement?

Most women in both sides of my families have not been in accidents or bad driver, one my aunts are not the best, but she stays out of accidents. I have been driving with my license for the past four years and my only issue with female drivers on the public roads is the texting and driving. I mean I went on a date and I let the girl drive, I was still working on my car's cooling system, so she drove and she was just... I mean she paid absolutely no attention because she texted and drove. I had to tell her to stop to let me drive, I could not take it, I was about ready to have a heart attack...

Not all female drivers are bad, not all professional female drivers are average. Danica has to get it together, I would have rather seen her work her way up through the ranks. Spend a year in trucks, two years in N'wide and depending on her results set a goal then allow her to move up. I just hope she improves because there are many young drivers out there and experienced vets that could be in that #10. You guys and gals know I love to joke, but seriously I like Danica and I continue to root for her. If I was Stewart-Haas, I would light a fire under her to make sure she improves. Not trundle back in the 25th to 35th area behind Front Row Racing, BK Racing, Furniture Row, etc.

I want her to do well and compete, she has yet there is still so much for her to do. Her feedback is fantastic, she's very good at setup and telling what's wrong with the car and what changes are necessary. IMO I would rather see her back in IndyCar, but thats just my opinion.

Who smelt it, dealt it.

I cant count how many times I've had to take evasive maneuvers from a car on the highway only to figure out a female was behind the wheel. My first and only accident was from a woman who collided with the rear of my car because she was following to close and not paying attention. I know I'm not the only one who has experienced similar occurrences with women drivers because the ****king stereotype exists. Its not misogynist to think that women are bad drivers when speaking from experience. Its wisdom. Now kindly step off my nuts with that feminist bullcrap before Danica slaps the wall again.
Wow. Stereotypes all around. We all have opinions.
Generalizing your experiences to a whole gender is wrong to me.

Last edited:
Man I was rooting for Danica. I want to see her do well.

I'm a Danica hater, but I'll root for her if at all possible.

Good job 10 team!

Good run for Danica indeed. I wish her all the success in Nascar in the world, its better for the sport even if I question her talent.

Love her end of race interview. 11 sec pit stop! YES!

There was a poster awhile back that said her pit crew had given up...hmmm...

Well I hope she has a banner day at Atlanta, she went from finishing 6 laps down her first time to 2 laps down her last. Hopefully she can play her lucky dog strategy and there will be many cautions.

Well, SOI she DID have a banner day. She got one lucky dog but she drove her freaking little heart out.

I honestly can't believe chex keeps digging this hole. What the hell. I thought he had more sense than that.
@ChexOrWrex: this sort of talk and thinking won't serve you very well in life.
6a0.gif

The record reflects a free pass on lap 39, a caution for debris, and lap 118, a Ryan Truex spin, a total of two. Wave arounds aren't recorded but her intuitive strategy earned at least one. NASCAR also fails to record cautions specifically thrown for squirrels.

Regardless:

Patrick becomes the first woman to finish 6th in NASCAR's ultimate division at Atlanta! She stands alone as the first woman to finish a cup race on that track on the lead lap.

An absolutely brilliant use of free passes and wave arounds to save her car for the hard fight to the finish brought Patrick a dominating 6th, losing only two positions after the start of the final Green-White-Checker.

Patrick is now closer to Guthries' top ten finish for women record. The run also moved her closer to Stenhouse and pads her lead over Allgaier in the hotly contested race for 28th in point standings.

Richmond is her pathway to eligibility for the championship. And, it's next.

I have a feeling if NASCAR goes high downforce/low horsepower Danica will take a huge step forward.

If they go the opposite way (like they should), we may not hear from her very long. Girl can drive but we're talking about 25 of the best wheelman in America in this series.

I honestly can't believe chex keeps digging this hole. What the hell. I thought he had more sense than that.
@ChexOrWrex: this sort of talk and thinking won't serve you very well in life.
What hole? The fact that I'm not surprised when women make dumb moves on the highway? Imo a good chunk of women are reckless drivers, theres some who arent. The only generalized statements at an entire gender are the ones yall have made up for me. I never said "all women are bad drivers". Thanks but no thanks on the life advice, but I can take it from here.

Danica said shes an anxious driver & had worries about guys not talking to her. I reiterate it and offense is taken.

I think she had two lucky dogs to keep her on the lead lap, but she kept the fenders on it. I saw the death wobble on her last restart, bad habit she has sawing at the wheel, but she is learning that late restarts is the time to go for it.

What hole? The fact that I'm not surprised when women make dumb moves on the highway? Imo a good chunk of women are reckless drivers, theres some who arent. The only generalized statements at an entire gender are the ones yall have made up for me. I never said "all women are bad drivers". Thanks but no thanks on the life advice, but I can take it from here.

Danica said shes an anxious driver & had worries about guys not talking to her. I reiterate it and offense is taken.

I think your post where you said "women are bad drivers" is what upset folks. You *now* are saying that its only a "good chunk" of women that are bad drivers and there are some who aren't. The post you made before made none of these assertions.

As well, with respect to Patrick, she mentions about being agitated in traffic, etc something I know I can attest I feel on occasion. As for her having worries about guys not talking to her? Its something my current gf has mentioned. She was worried that being attractive intimidates guys.

I think she had two lucky dogs to keep her on the lead lap, but she kept the fenders on it. I saw the death wobble on her last restart, bad habit she has sawing at the wheel, but she is learning that late restarts is the time to go for it.

Thanks SOI. I had incorrect info. You are right it was 2 lucky dogs and yes she is inproving....wish it was faster

I think your post where you said "women are bad drivers" is what upset folks. You *now* are saying that its only a "good chunk" of women that are bad drivers and there are some who aren't. The post you made before made none of these assertions.

As well, with respect to Patrick, she mentions about being agitated in traffic, etc something I know I can attest I feel on occasion. As for her having worries about guys not talking to her? Its something my current gf has mentioned. She was worried that being attractive intimidates guys.
Don't give any leeway on that second post - it's no better than the first.

Out of the last 15 races has Danica finished better than her boyfriend?
they are having an epic battle for the 27th spot, might even be the 26th spot if Stewart has another bad race. Ricky is 38 points ahead of Danica in 27th and only 2 points away from 26th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom