All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are having an epic battle for the 27th spot, might even be the 26th spot if Stewart has another bad race. Ricky is 38 points ahead of Danica in 27th and only 2 points away from 26th.
Didn't ask what their points look like asked how many races out of the last 15 did she finish ahead of him on the track?

I think your post where you said "women are bad drivers" is what upset folks. You *now* are saying that its only a "good chunk" of women that are bad drivers and there are some who aren't. The post you made before made none of these assertions.

As well, with respect to Patrick, she mentions about being agitated in traffic, etc something I know I can attest I feel on occasion. As for her having worries about guys not talking to her? Its something my current gf has mentioned. She was worried that being attractive intimidates guys.
Stealth bragging post about having an attractive gf. jk lol

Out of the last 15 races has Danica finished better than her boyfriend?
I was bored so I decided to do some research. She's finished ahead of Stenhouse in 6 of the past 15 races. Not including the Sprint Showdown and All-Star Race.

Wow , dead silence in here . No Danica hate all week . Hope she crashes this weekend so we can get back to bashing women drivers and arguing about her chest size . Women got no business racin!
I had her in our random pick driver pool this past weekend. Didn't think I had a chance until closer to the end of that race. It was great to see her have a strong finish. People can continue to say what they want but she did well, holding her own amongst many stronger contenders. Maybe there are a lot of her detractors on here that are a little afraid to speak up since she kicked their drivers ass this week?
attachment.php

all it takes is a 6th place finish in 71 starts, and the Stewart story is on the back burner. Now we get Patrick ad nausea, pre and post race, probably in car, maybe if we are lucky, we'll get to hear in car reporter Danica splain how to be fast at Richmond and improve on her 35th place finish. Anything to take the spotlight off smoke I am for...goooo Danica.

all it takes is a 6th place finish in 71 starts, and the Stewart story is on the back burner. Now we get Patrick ad nausea, pre and post race, probably in car, maybe if we are lucky, we'll get to hear in car reporter Danica splain how to be fast at Richmond and improve on her 35th place finish. Anything to take the spotlight off smoke I am for...goooo Danica.

Yeah , there's been a crapload of pro Danica stuff on here this week . Gettin real sick of it .

Can she consistently finish in the top 10? Even Casey Mears won a race. We all know the championship threat he is.

You know you make a good point. GIbson even agrees. We need more top 10s! I want a win!

see:

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-comme...ck-6th-atlanta-ties-janet-guthrie-best-finish

Danica Patrick's career as a NASCAR driver may have evolved again Sunday at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Or at least it made a statistical improvement.

The second-year Sprint Cup driver rebounded from a 27th qualifying spot and twice being lapped to claim a career-best sixth-place finish on a final green/white/checkered finish. The finish tied the best ever produced by trailblazer Janet Guthrie, who was sixth at Bristol Motor Speedway in 1977, the highest finish by a woman in the modern era. Sara Christian finished fifth at Heidelberg Raceway in Pittsburgh in 1949.

The result marked the second time this season Patrick set a new standard, improving upon her seventh-place result in May at Kansas Speedway. And this one came in the throes of a late-season tussle for postseason positioning in which Patrick suddenly became far more than a bystander.

w_g_patrick_kh_300x200.jpg

Brian Lawdermilk/NASCAR/Getty Images
Danica Patrick's sixth at Atlanta was her third top-10 of the season; she was eighth at Daytona in July and seventh at Kansas in May.

Three of Patrick's four top-10s at NASCAR's highest level have come this season, and her top two career finishes have come in her last 15 races. But a dismal slog in which she has finished 20th or worse in five of her last seven races had tempered any perception of building momentum.

"Since that solid run at Kansas, we've been so much faster, but whether it's something fails or I make a mistake or there's an accident -- there were so many things that just kept putting us out of contention and wrecking our weekends-- and this weekend we didn't have that," she said. "We've all been waiting for a weekend like this with all we've been going through lately."

Crew chief Tony Gibson, who enabled Patrick's march through the field with a key midrace adjustment, had asserted after the Kansas finish that his driver needed to make her next evolution before the season was over. He said a win was possible, and he was serious. But a steady occupation of the top 10 was a must, he said. And he stressed that vigilance from the entire team -- driver, crew chief, pit crew -- was crucial for them to exploit a chance like they had at Kansas.

They did just that on Sunday, as Patrick's crew responded to a caution with three laps remaining by crafting an 11-second pit stop that allowed her to restart seventh on the first attempt at a green/white/checkered finish. She then slinked along the inside line to fourth on the restart as contact between Paul Menard and Stewart-Haas Racing teammate Kevin Harvick prompted an immediate caution.

Patrick was briefly overrun on the subsequent restart but recovered for sixth. In the new system to seed NASCAR's Chase for the Sprint Cup, Patrick finished 1.543 seconds from qualifying for the 10-race postseason as a race winner.

"I was running a solid top 10 when the yellow came out, so I wasn't necessarily looking for the yellow," Patrick said. "But you know what, you can't move up unless you have something like that to present the opportunity. Came away with something even better than we were running

Last edited:
Fresh off career-best finish, can Danica earn a spot in the Chase?

A week ago, the odds of Danica Patrick making the 2014 Chase for the Sprint Cup seemed at best farfetched, if not downright impossible.

After all, Patrick was coming off one of her toughest stretches of the entire season, one in which her best finish in six starts was an 18th-place showing at Michigan International Speedway in mid-August.

But after posting a career-best sixth-place finish in last Sunday night's race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Patrick suddenly has some momentum on her side heading into Saturday night's regular-season finale at Richmond International Speedway.

Could Patrick, who is 28th in points, turn the NASCAR world upside down and pick up her first career victory just in time to land the 16th and final spot in NASCAR's 10-race payoff?

Read the rest here

A week ago, the odds of Danica Patrick making the 2014 Chase for the Sprint Cup seemed at best farfetched, if not downright impossible.

After all, Patrick was coming off one of her toughest stretches of the entire season, one in which her best finish in six starts was an 18th-place showing at Michigan International Speedway in mid-August.

But after posting a career-best sixth-place finish in last Sunday night's race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Patrick suddenly has some momentum on her side heading into Saturday night's regular-season finale at Richmond International Speedway.

Could Patrick, who is 28th in points, turn the NASCAR world upside down and pick up her first career victory just in time to land the 16th and final spot in NASCAR's 10-race payoff?

Read the rest here
I would absolutely love it while grinning and watching the uproar. :D

Yep all week now, the focus has been on 28th place, and one more hail mary shot.

Read the rest here

Lets all pray together.....

somebody tell her buddy Ricky to lay off, or lay down..something, she wants the coveted 25 spot and Ricky busts off a 7th place qualifying run. There will be hell to pay back at the hacienda.

Danica 's not going to win .You can take that to the bank . Ambrose might . That would be cool .

Yes, Marcos Ambrose. All the evidence points to an excellent opportunity for him to win his first on an oval this evening. There's his average finishing position of 24th at Richmond since joining Richard Petty Motorsports and his prime qualifying position of 33th for the event. Recorded a strong 18th April past. Perhaps he'll duel with Patrick in the late laps for the win.

With Patrick's stunning 6th last week she comes into the Capital of the Confederacy with momentum from her near win in Atlanta. Following her solid 7th at Kansas, she came through with another top ten finish in the Sprint Showdown the very next weekend.

Early on, The Roscoe Rockette made RIR her track. In her NNS debut there, she improved on her 32th place start with a 16th place finish. The next race found her on the track with a stock car-experienced woman driver, Johanna Long, in the heavily financed and well supported Mary Miller entry. Patrick lost the battle to Long that night. But in their second meeting at the facility, Patrick easily finished three positions ahead of Long's wrecked entry to even the series.

Patrick's cup record at RIR is impressive. After mastering the skills required by the track for successful runs in the NNS and moving on to the tougher cup competition, she has improved on her starting position in each and every race. Her average in cup reflects a firm finish of 31st.

The #10 GoDaddy car to be used has an average finish of 30th at Richmond. Both Patrick and the car are proven and poised for the win. The win will be her ticket to championship eligibility.

Coupling her amazing record on the raceway with a historically strong car at RIR, the near pole run of 13th with the intangible momentum factor, an outstanding veteran crew chief - a 3 race winner in just 325 attempts, the potential for the coming event is in clear focus. Tonight is the night!

Weather permitting.

Yes, Marcos Ambrose. All the evidence points to an excellent opportunity for him to win his first on an oval this evening. There's his average finishing position of 24th at Richmond since joining Richard Petty Motorsports and his prime qualifying position of 33th for the event. Recorded a strong 18th April past. Perhaps he'll duel with Patrick in the late laps for the win.

With Patrick's stunning 6th last week she comes into the Capital of the Confederacy with momentum from her near win in Atlanta. Following her solid 7th at Kansas, she came through with another top ten finish in the Sprint Showdown the very next weekend.

Early on, The Roscoe Rockette made RIR her track. In her NNS debut there, she improved on her 32th place start with a 16th place finish. The next race found her on the track with a stock car-experienced woman driver, Johanna Long, in the heavily financed and well supported Mary Miller entry. Patrick lost the battle to Long that night. But in their second meeting at the facility, Patrick easily finished three positions ahead of Long's wrecked entry to even the series.

Patrick's cup record at RIR is impressive. After mastering the skills required by the track for successful runs in the NNS and moving on to the tougher cup competition, she has improved on her starting position in each and every race. Her average in cup reflects a firm finish of 31st.

The #10 GoDaddy car to be used has an average finish of 30th at Richmond. Both Patrick and the car are proven and poised for the win. The win will be her ticket to championship eligibility.

Coupling her amazing record on the raceway with a historically strong car at RIR, the near pole run of 13th with the intangible momentum factor, an outstanding veteran crew chief - a 3 race winner in just 325 attempts, the potential for the coming event is in clear focus. Tonight is the night!

Weather permitting.

Sounds like you agree that there is no chance of her winning . Anything better than 30th , will be an improvement .

16th tonight. Not bad considering the rest of the season imo. Danica needs to be in the top 15 with some consistency to get noticed and really make a mark. I just dont ever see this happening ever. There is too much talent at this level for her to ever hope for a top 15 in points imo but that is a goal they need to shoot for if the sponsors are stupid enough to stick around and pour money down a hole.

Danica is not stupid. She is in this for the money with no shame for poor results and evidently the sponsorship is also. She would do well to be in the top 10 in nationwide which is really where she belongs. The girl is in over her head in cup. There is no shame in that because those guys are really really good. Her talent is way over rated and the points on the year end results prove it.

16th tonight. Not bad considering the rest of the season imo. Danica needs to be in the top 15 with some consistency to get noticed and really make a mark. I just dont ever see this happening ever. There is too much talent at this level for her to ever hope for a top 15 in points imo but that is a goal they need to shoot for if the sponsors are stupid enough to stick around and pour money down a hole.

Danica is not stupid. She is in this for the money with no shame for poor results and evidently the sponsorship is also. She would do well to be in the top 10 in nationwide which is really where she belongs. The girl is in over her head in cup. There is no shame in that because those guys are really really good. Her talent is way over rated and the points on the year end results prove it.

Nationwide? I was thinking ARCA. :p

Nationwide? I was thinking ARCA. :p

LOL, No I think Nationwide would be good. She cant run with Elliott, REgan Smith, Sadler, Dillon, and probably a few others but a top 10 in points is doable imo. And that is a far as her talent would ever take her.

Another poor performance for the woman driver . 16th ? . ? Definitely she is just in the guys' way out there , causing wrecks and stuff. Women shouldn't be racing. She makes too much money and she has a small chest .
I think that about covers it.

Wish patrick had been in the chase. 16th is improvement. I WANT YOU TO WIN! I know you can do it.

A bittersweet evening.

An outstanding 16th raises her average but her string of finishes improving on her starting position is sadly broken. She also closed up on Stenhouse. 27th in points will be hers at the close of the season.

Patrick's unflashy technique of saving the car until it counts worked perfectly early. Holding onto the lead lap until the leader was about to pass allowed her to close up when Kenseth's tire blew. Later in the race, a fan's unstinting loyalty to The Danica brought out a caution when he risked life and limb by climbing the fence. That small act allowed her to seize the free pass NASCAR was reluctant to give up due to their collective caligynephobia.

Not qualifying for championship eligibility is unfortunate. Clearly, NASCAR must revamp the format to allow drivers with the talent and broad appeal she obviously possesses into the fray. Perhaps additional points awarded for souvenir sales and/or fan votes. Positive articles in various forms of media. Someone asking for an answer to, "What is your favorite color, Danica?" All things must be considered or the championship will remain as it is – shallow and meaningless.

There are still ten races left to run and win. On to Chicago.

A bittersweet evening.

An outstanding 16th raises her average but her string of finishes improving on her starting position is sadly broken. She also closed up on Stenhouse. 27th in points will be hers at the close of the season.

Patrick's unflashy technique of saving the car until it counts worked perfectly early. Holding onto the lead lap until the leader was about to pass allowed her to close up when Kenseth's tire blew. Later in the race, a fan's unstinting loyalty to The Danica brought out a caution when he risked life and limb by climbing the fence. That small act allowed her to seize the free pass NASCAR was reluctant to give up due to their collective caligynephobia.

Not qualifying for championship eligibility is unfortunate. Clearly, NASCAR must revamp the format to allow drivers with the talent and broad appeal she obviously possesses into the fray. Perhaps additional points awarded for souvenir sales and/or fan votes. Positive articles in various forms of media. Someone asking for an answer to, "What is your favorite color, Danica?" All things must be considered or the championship will remain as it is – shallow and meaningless.

There are still ten races left to run and win. On to Chicago.

lol I love these sunshine reports. Keep them coming, Clarence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom