All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If, you can't have fun with stuff like this then what can you have fun with.:cool: Hollywood couldn't write a script that good.:D
Exactly. I do feel for them a little because that **** has to get annoying after a while, but that's the price you pay when you're in the spotlight and are making the big bucks. If I was in their position, I would probably avoid any NASCAR-related media or news coverage like the plague. LOL.

I don't get it . Why is Nascar letting some prissy girl ride around in 19th place on the track , making no effort to win and holding up 24 men who were just itching to do battle with the leaders . Danica has so much money , she doesn't even need to be out there . Come on Nascar .

I don't get it . Why is Nascar letting some prissy girl ride around in 19th place on the track , making no effort to win and holding up 24 men who were just itching to do battle with the leaders . Danica has so much money , she doesn't even need to be out there . Come on Nascar .
:XXROFL:

Girls at the Espy's ? Come on .. What , Timmy Hill couldn't go ? Who invited her ?

She's basically the Anna Kournikova of NASCAR. She's not particularly good (at best average) at what she does but she gets attention because of her looks. There's also the fact that Danica is the only female in a major sport. The WNBA and Women's Tennis aren't exactly pulling in NASCAR level ratings.

She's basically the Anna Kournikova of NASCAR. She's not particularly good (at best average) at what she does but she gets attention because of her looks. There's also the fact that Danica is the only female in a major sport. The WNBA and Women's Tennis aren't exactly pulling in NASCAR level ratings.

Anna Kournikova made a tennis fan out of me.

NB, i see Courtney Force and Alexis Dejoria's name in the mainstream media quite a bit. But, maybe i just notice them more because i know them on a more personal level. Danica, definitely gets more publicity then any other female in motorsports.

NB, i see Courtney Force and Alexis Dejoria's name in the mainstream media quite a bit. But, maybe i just notice them more because i know them on a more personal level. Danica, definitely gets more publicity then any other female in motorsports.

I feel like Danica has more name recognition among your average fan. Courtney Force is a distant second. NASCAR still does far better in the ratings than any other motorsport. Until another woman shows up in Cup, Danica is going to be invited to the ESPYs and any other big sporting event. If you're pushing Danica, you can claim:

1. First woman to win the pole for the Daytona 500
2. First woman to win a pole in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
3. First woman to finish in the top 10 in the final standings in a national NASCAR series (Nationwide)
4. First woman to win an IndyCar series race
5. First woman to win the IndyCar series Rookie of the Year

Whether she's consistently good or not, she has a fair number of "first woman to do x" achievements to her name, which draws attention. Are there more talented female stock car drivers? Sure, you could argue that Johanna Long would do better if she had a full year in Nationwide in 2015 and got in the #10 car in 2016 but that's not the reality we live in.

Note - I'm not defending her driving abilities, I think she's an at BEST average driver. I do see why she gets attention though.

I feel like Danica has more name recognition among your average fan. Courtney Force is a distant second. NASCAR still does far better in the ratings than any other motorsport. Until another woman shows up in Cup, Danica is going to be invited to the ESPYs and any other big sporting event. If you're pushing Danica, you can claim:

3. First woman to finish in the top 10 in the final standings in a national NASCAR series (Nationwide)

Whether she's consistently good or not, she has a fair number of "first woman to do x" achievements to her name, which draws attention. Are there more talented female stock car drivers? Sure, you could argue that Johanna Long would do better if she had a full year in Nationwide in 2015 and got in the #10 car in 2016 but that's not the reality we live in.

Note - I'm not defending her driving abilities, I think she's an at BEST average driver. I do see why she gets attention though.
I agree with your post 100%. I have to shake my head every time i see someone come on here and say that her sponsors are stupid for sponsoring her. She is a cash cow for her sponsors...Go Daddy would not invest in her for all these years if they were not getting a good ROI, that's for sure.

Last edited:

But Courtney did the ESPN body magazine, and her smile is the best kind of infectious. That smile and her hotness combination is as good as it gets.

I agree with your post 100%. I have to shake my head every time i see someone come on here and say that her sponsors are stupid for sponsoring her. She is a cash cow for her sponsors...Go Daddy would not invest in her for all these years if they were not getting a good ROI, that's for sure.

I think they are with her as long she is in her prime (prime looks, not the driving skill set).

Last edited:
You can argue that Danica is lucky because she's the first woman to have a competitive ride and that she lucked into a lot of her achievements. But Danica is good with the media and knows how to market herself and let's be fair here, that's half the job of a NASCAR driver these days.

If Courtney Force tried to transition to NASCAR, I'd bet she'd get a lot of buzz as well.

You can argue that Danica is lucky because she's the first woman to have a competitive ride and that she lucked into a lot of her achievements. But Danica is good with the media and knows how to market herself and let's be fair here, that's half the job of a NASCAR driver these days.

If Courtney Force tried to transition to NASCAR, I'd bet she'd get a lot of buzz as well.
If any woman comes into the cup series there would be buzz. There will be buzz if/when bubba wallace has his chance with the big boys. Hell, any article about Larson says "kyle larson, a japanese american driver...". Who knows why race and gender matters to the media in 2014. If they have the talent to perform well, good for them.

If any woman comes into the cup series there would be buzz. There will be buzz if/when bubba wallace has his chance with the big boys. Hell, any article about Larson says "kyle larson, a japanese american driver...". Who knows why race and gender matters to the media in 2014. If they have the talent to perform well, good for them.

Because NASCAR is only recently starting to regularly feature minority drivers. That one is easy. Every other major sport has diversified and the color barrier was broken years ago.

Because NASCAR is only recently starting to regularly feature minority drivers. That one is easy. Every other major sport has diversified and the color barrier was broken years ago.

quite the opposite, Nascar and racing in general has had women and minorities racing in the top levels since the beginning...o_O
black-drivers-charles-wiggins.jpg
fast_ladies_petre.jpg
Kay Petre sitting in her Austin Seven Grasshopper at the start of the 1937 24 Hours of Le Mans which resulted in a DNF due to a drop in oil pressure. Eight women competed in that year's race. Later that year, Petre was nearly killed at Brooklands.

Last edited:
quite the opposite, Nascar and racing in general has had women and minorities racing in the top levels since the beginning...o_O
black-drivers-charles-wiggins.jpg
fast_ladies_petre.jpg
Kay Petre sitting in her Austin Seven Grasshopper at the start of the 1937 24 Hours of Le Mans which resulted in a DNF due to a drop in oil pressure. Eight women competed in that year's race. Later that year, Petre was nearly killed at Brooklands.

Yeah but NASCAR has only had TWO minority winners in their entire history, Montoya and Wendell Scott and the latter couldn't even be announced as the winner because of fear of rioting. Since Sara Christian, NASCAR hasn't really had a woman race a full season in competitive equipment. Shawna Robinson tried the full season part but BAM Racing was hardly a competitive outfit. In the Wiggins story, you left out the part where he had tried to enter the Indy 500 and was blocked from doing so and as a result had to form smaller leagues with other minority drivers. To use a baseball example, African Americans had been playing baseball for years but people still cared about Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier.

You also forget that to the popular media, NASCAR (and to a lesser extent IndyCar) = auto racing. Nothing else really counts.

Yeah but NASCAR has only had TWO minority winners in their entire history, Montoya and Wendell Scott and the latter couldn't even be announced as the winner because of fear of rioting. Since Sara Christian, NASCAR hasn't really had a woman race a full season in competitive equipment. Shawna Robinson tried the full season part but BAM Racing was hardly a competitive outfit. In the Wiggins story, you left out the part where he had tried to enter the Indy 500 and was blocked from doing so and as a result had to form smaller leagues with other minority drivers. To use a baseball example, African Americans had been playing baseball for years but people still cared about Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier.

You also forget that to the popular media, NASCAR (and to a lesser extent IndyCar) = auto racing. Nothing else really counts.
Well said.

As for the bolded, yeah, and NASCAR and IndyCar only really matter to the mainstream media when something bad happens and it's time for them to set the circus tent up.

there is your original post^ Don't say anything about who hit john. Minorities and women have been racing in the top levels of motorsports for years. Money/sponsorship is the "barrier" in all motorsports.

there is your original post^ Don't say anything about who hit john. Minorities and women have been racing in the top levels of motorsports for years. Money/sponsorship is the "barrier" in all motorsports.

And when has NASCAR ever really regularly featured minority drivers? Juan Pablo Montoya came along in the last decade, Bill Lester was a Truck regular but never really made it to Cup and Willy T. Ribbs was always kind of in and out. Show me the vast array of women and minority drivers who have been competing in NASCAR since its founding. Until Montoya, minority drivers were not really a regular feature on the NASCAR circuit.

Willy T. Ribbs was always kind of in and out.

Well actually Willie T was an undercover Honky hired by the white Syndicate incorporated.
The name Willie T Ribbs should have tipped folks off about the plant, now some 30 years later there it is.. the real story.

The original plan was to call him Cleon Chitterlings JR the III. But Nascar and the PR folks vetoed that one. Nascar still ain't ready for some UPPITY the III driving one of their race cars.

The conversation inevitably turned to girlfriend Danica Patrick, who attended his first Ole Miss game on Aug. 28 with Stenhouse. He said the two will be in attendance at the Egg Bowl against Mississippi State in November.

And, Stenhouse said all was well with the couple following their on-track collision late in Sunday's race at Chicagoland Speedway. Patrick initially said over her radio that Stenhouse had hit her as she raced Tony Stewart for position, but she later said she was unaware of where her boyfriend was on the track and blamed the incident on miscommunication with her spotter.

"Obviously, it's a little bit different crashing with her," he said. "But when you crash with anybody, you end up talking to that person throughout the week about what you could have done different and what they could have done different. So we talked about it, figured it out."

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/...rts-committed-to-running-2-full-time-cars-in/

There is always make up crashing after the race is over with.....

There is always make up crashing after the race is over with.....

that's the fun part, we crash, argue, make up and have wild steamy sex afterwords, and make the headlines while we continue to be seen at huge social events. The "new" race car drivers.

............ Patrick initially said over her radio that Stenhouse had hit her as she raced Tony Stewart for position,

Danica , (who has a small chest and makes too much money ) , has no business racing Tony Stewart for position . He's a much better driver and she should stay out of his way ! Come on Nascar :(

And the nation sighs in relief. No longer fearful of putting their officially licensed Danica and Ricky, Jr. (they're an investment) salt and pepper shakers side by side on the same table for formal meals in the double wide.

And the nation sighs in relief. No longer fearful of putting their officially licensed Danica and Ricky, Jr. (they're an investment) salt and pepper shakers side by side on the same table for formal meals in the double wide.

Aw come on!

Like ANYONE would willingly buy Ricky Stenhouse merchandise.

Time for you fans to admit the joke she is. Her sponsors are idiots. Danica cannot compete at this level. The results are in.

it would be something if she finishes in the top 10 at Homestead and makes the stage at the end of the years top 10, that would be the joke.

it would be something if she finishes in the top 10 at Homestead and makes the stage at the end of the years top 10, that would be the joke.
Dont hold your breath. It wont happen. Danica cant finish in the top 10 and that is a fantasy. She is a running joke week to week in good equipment. Points standings and who she has beat says it all.

i don't think she's a top 25 driver, but she is the prettiest driver in the cup series for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom