All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
His failures, why did he leave her on old tire the last 70 laps? If he had brought her in the same time Gordon came in she could have had a top 10 or even a top 5 finish.

I'm confused now, this sounds like something a Gordon fan would say. :rolleyes:

I'm confused now, this sounds like something a Gordon fan would say. :rolleyes:

That avatar is perfect for you. You always find yourself in such situations here. I bet in the real world, too. Tripping all over yourself and eating grass.

I was kidding the poster who wasn't you by the way, and you took offense?..think about that. oh sorry I spoke of your Idol, that makes it your business I guess. Don't matter to me, I wouldn't trade my troubles for yours on any day. BTW chicks dig it.:rolleyes:

Reck has returned for a whole 2 weeks and he's been in internet wank fests with nearly everyone here.

:dance:

Reck has returned for a whole 2 weeks and he's been in internet wank fests with nearly everyone here.
Withdrawal

n41fi5C.gif

Looks like AP has hired R Clarence.:biggrin:

AUTO PACKAGE: Danica Patrick goes into Dover on a swing of career-best finishes

Patrick, in her second full season in the Sprint Cup Series, began her roll at Atlanta, where she finished a career-best sixth. She'd never finished higher than 21st at Atlanta.

Those results were tempered, though, by the realization she was next headed to Richmond. Patrick had never qualified or finished higher than 30th at Richmond, but she shattered those marks by qualifying 13th and finishing 16th.

She then headed to home track Chicagoland Speedway, where Patrick had never qualified or finished in the top-20. She beat that mark with a 19th-place finish.

Last week at New Hampshire, Patrick ran as high as fifth late in the race before fading to finish 19th. It was still Patrick's best career finish at New Hampshire and was her fourth consecutive top-20 result.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/...n-swing-career-best-finishes/?intcmp=obinsite

Looks like AP has hired R Clarence.:biggrin:

AUTO PACKAGE: Danica Patrick goes into Dover on a swing of career-best finishes

Patrick, in her second full season in the Sprint Cup Series, began her roll at Atlanta, where she finished a career-best sixth. She'd never finished higher than 21st at Atlanta.

Those results were tempered, though, by the realization she was next headed to Richmond. Patrick had never qualified or finished higher than 30th at Richmond, but she shattered those marks by qualifying 13th and finishing 16th.

She then headed to home track Chicagoland Speedway, where Patrick had never qualified or finished in the top-20. She beat that mark with a 19th-place finish.

Last week at New Hampshire, Patrick ran as high as fifth late in the race before fading to finish 19th. It was still Patrick's best career finish at New Hampshire and was her fourth consecutive top-20 result.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/...n-swing-career-best-finishes/?intcmp=obinsite
When you're known for running two or three laps down or more and finishing solidly in the mid-20s on a regular basis, finishing in the top 20 and on the lead lap is definitely an improvement. (Bristol sucked for her, but she finished 18th at Michigan and on the lead lap the week before that.)

No, she's not the second coming of Jimmie Johnson by any means, but her results over the last several weeks haven't been terrible, and she's had some good runs going. She at least appears to be headed in the right direction for once. I don't expect much from her at Dover, though.

:dance:
When you're known for running two or three laps down or more and finishing solidly in the mid-20s on a regular basis, finishing in the top 20 and on the lead lap is definitely an improvement. (Bristol sucked for her, but she finished 18th at Michigan and on the lead lap the week before that.)

No, she's not the second coming of Jimmie Johnson by any means, but her results over the last several weeks haven't been terrible, and she's had some good runs going. She at least appears to be headed in the right direction for once. I don't expect much from her at Dover, though.

Are you saying it's too soon to call Danica an elite driver? ;)

Let's see if they renew her contract first before we go that far. I think she's only signed through the end of 2014. Has anyone heard anything on her contract negotiations yet? This is news for most drivers in their final year. Or..... is this not her final year?

Let's see if they renew her contract first before we go that far. I think she's only signed through the end of 2014. Has anyone heard anything on her contract negotiations yet? This is news for most drivers in their final year. Or..... is this not her final year?

I believe she's signed through 2015.

Jayski is usually a pretty reliable source of information on that kind of stuff. They only show her signed through this year.
Which brings us back to the original premise of this column: Will 2014 be the be-all or potentially the end-all season for Patrick? Even though her contract with Stewart-Haas Racing runs through 2015, if she endures another season like 2013, she may have to reconsider this whole NASCAR deal.

From here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...p-season-make-or-break-danica-patricks-career

LOL. Umm, yeah.

My crush on Danica doesn't blind me to the fact that calling her elite may be just a tad premature. ;)

I don't think she has to worry about her job security.
I don't think so either. As long as that GoDaddy cash flow continues, she's probably good.

yep, we get at least one more year until the Danni goes into the silly season thread. It will be interesting to see if Go Daddy continues, they are under new ownership.

yep, we get at least one more year until the Danni goes into the silly season thread. It will be interesting to see if Go Daddy continues, they are under new ownership.

IMHO, it depends on performance and depends on if her popularity continues. with performance improving her popularity is sure to soar so I do not think she'll have any issues and GO Daddy will likley be by her side--they have been with her for a LONG time (longer than just NASCAR)

that's why she will be in the silly season thread. some of us think Go Daddy has been slacking since they were bought out. They aren't owned by the horn dog any more.

IMHO, it depends on performance and depends on if her popularity continues. with performance improving her popularity is sure to soar so I do not think she'll have any issues and GO Daddy will likley be by her side--they have been with her for a LONG time (longer than just NASCAR)
Honestly, she's a marketing machine that is about on par with Junior in that regard. I have little doubt that if GoDaddy left her (which is certainly possible but probably unlikely), there'd be someone else that wouldn't hesitate to take their place.

that's why she will be in the silly season thread. some of us think Go Daddy has been slacking since they were bought out. They aren't owned by the horn dog any more.
The new CEO seems pretty sure about her.

And she'll continue to stay with them, Irving predicts. Seven seasons and counting with a sponsor is millennia in modern motorsports, especially considering GoDaddy's term with Patrick involves an evolving brand and an evolving driver.

Neither Patrick's camp nor GoDaddy would identify the exact length of their multi-year contract, which added to the weight of Irving's prediction this summer that they would be together an "awful, awful long time." That span of time may be relative in two businesses -- racing and technology -- predicated on speed and performance. Irving said Patrick is earning her pay.

"Foreseeable future," Irving said. "That's a long time for me. When you see Danica in that GoDaddy logo, they're kind of inseparable. Certainly in NASCAR they're inseparable.

"She's awesome for us."

http://espn.go.com/espnw/news-commentary/article/9972546/espnw-danica-patrick-firm-footing-godaddy

Honestly, she's a marketing machine that is about on par with Junior in that regard. I have little doubt that if GoDaddy left her (which is certainly possible but probably unlikely), there'd be someone else that wouldn't hesitate to take their place.

doesn't have much to do with driver performance for Jr. or Danica...or Menard..JWT, Dillons, on and on..Some drivers actually have to perform on the race track in order to keep their rides.:growl: And around here, those drivers who race for their ride have the most fans.

OK, but what menu? Just to be clear, nobody expected you to EAT the sausage on this imaginary date. ;)
Gee, all of a sudden, I'm not very hungry. I think we're just gonna go see a movie instead.

I think I'll have my people call her people and get everything set up. Fender, get on it and call DanicaFreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom