All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formula Ford, Skip Barber, Atlantic, and the like were never her strong suits either. She was routinely outperformed by her teammates who mainly compete in sports cars and touring cars now.

Exactly. The Open Wheel versions of Late Models and Street Stocks. And Danica NEVER won a race in any of them.

Apples/Apples: Moody > Patrick

I just wish she could bring herself luck in the cup series

Luck doesn't come into play here. SHR is not a good team despite Harvick winning the championship. They did nothing for Ryan, nothing for Kurt, and nothing for Danica. Yes Stewart won a championship by winning 5 races in the chase and he has never done that before or since. ( fired the engineer/CC ) I would venture to say that if Harvick didn't have Childers he would never have made the second round of the chase. The pit crew for Harvick wasn't new, they had been trained by another team in advance and supported by SHR. All in all I don't see where they are considered so great. Besides, their partner HMS didn't qualify for the final round either. Better luck next year.

Luck doesn't come into play here. SHR is not a good team despite Harvick winning the championship. They did nothing for Ryan, nothing for Kurt, and nothing for Danica. Yes Stewart won a championship by winning 5 races in the chase and he has never done that before or since. ( fired the engineer/CC ) I would venture to say that if Harvick didn't have Childers he would never have made the second round of the chase. The pit crew for Harvick wasn't new, they had been trained by another team in advance and supported by SHR. All in all I don't see where they are considered so great. Besides, their partner HMS didn't qualify for the final round either. Better luck next year.

I do see your point, but what I was meaning was--Luck comes into play getting caught up in other peoples racing messes esp on plate tracks. Luck comes into play when you pit an a caution comes out. etc.

I do see your point, but what I was meaning was--Luck comes into play getting caught up in other peoples racing messes esp on plate tracks. Luck comes into play when you pit an a caution comes out. etc.

Pitting and the caution comes out is an uncontrollable condition, unless your pitting early because your car is lousy. If your racing at the back to keep your boyfriend company, luck has nothing to do with it. Your back there because your car can't compete or the driver doesn't have the skill. There is less than a second between the speeds of the fastest car and a mid packer. I think Danica has one lesson to learn and that is: 'If you have to wreck your car and the competition to show your better then DO IT." That's what those at the top had to do and still do.
Plate tracks are not races and I never count them when considering a drivers ability. Junior would have been a five time champion if that was the case and he hadn't said "****" on TV. :)

BTW, I don't rag on Danica, good or bad. I would like to see her do well. I think Rick should send KK to SHR and bring her up into his group.

Pitting and the caution comes out is an uncontrollable condition, unless your pitting early because your car is lousy. If your racing at the back to keep your boyfriend company, luck has nothing to do with it. Your back there because your car can't compete or the driver doesn't have the skill. There is less than a second between the speeds of the fastest car and a mid packer. I think Danica has one lesson to learn and that is: 'If you have to wreck your car and the competition to show your better then DO IT." That's what those at the top had to do and still do.
Plate tracks are not races and I never count them when considering a drivers ability. Junior would have been a five time champion if that was the case and he hadn't said "sh!t" on TV. :)

Plate tracks are not races?? I disagree there. Dale Sr and to some extent I think Patrick as well have the ability to see the air and the draft. this is a skill not everyone has. Are you saying Patrick races in the back to stay with Ricky?? Im sorry but in all the politeness in the world what are you smoking?>

BTW, I don't rag on Danica, good or bad. I would like to see her do well. I think Rick should send KK to SHR and bring her up into his group.

Im sorry with the last post that she races in the back to hang with Ricky and now you come out with this, I call :bsflag:

Plate tracks are not races?? I disagree there. Dale Sr and to some extent I think Patrick as well have the ability to see the air and the draft. this is a skill not everyone has. Are you saying Patrick races in the back to stay with Ricky?? Im sorry but in all the politeness in the world what are you smoking?>
You may be able to see air (doubt that) but how do you compensate for a dumb ass move by another driver.??

stir.gif

You may be able to see air (doubt that) but how do you compensate for a dumb ass move by another driver.??

Not be behind or in front of them. And as for the air its more of a sense of where it will go. as I said Dale Sr had it.

stir.gif
[/quote]

Last edited:
Yeah but I'm not a sniper. I slip in and acclimate myself first and then ease into aggression. :p
Hey, I am 71 with one foot in the coffin, don't have time to ease in.
Just Kidding, I have a goal to be here to watch the 2015 Daytona race.

Hey, I am 71 with one foot in the coffin, don't have time to ease in.
Just Kidding, I have a goal to be here to watch the 2015 Daytona race.
I'm 71 but that doesn't give me an excuse to be a, well anything but the nice guy that I am.

I'm 71 but that doesn't give me an excuse to be a, well anything but the nice guy that I am.

OK, I live in the frozen north, any better? All my wives thought I was a nice guy..................................................... at first.

Late to the party here Danicafreak and I'm sorry, but I haven't read all 130 pages :rolleyes: I just came over from an other forum. I personally like Danica, but would have liked to see here in the Busch cars a couple of years before moving up. I don't know if that was here decision, GoDaddy's, or Tony's, but I think that would have been better for her. I will agree with TeamPenske/Pete that I don't think SHR equipment is all that good. In fact, I think it's sub-par. Harvick's team found something that none of the others could and made it work. I do, however, think she is better than her record. She has done well at Darlington, Kansas, Martinsville, and Atlanta. Was that luck? Not IMO. You have to have a good car under you to do well. The other drivers are better with a poor handling car that she is, but she might get better in time. She has also had more than her share of bad luck :eek:.

Tony was involved in another industry that I was in and he has a habit of not always putting the best people in the right positions. He has a tendency of hiring friends, qualified or not.

:cheers:

haywired thanks for chiming in. I have not thought of SHR equipment as subpar. interesting not sure if I agree ...

Maybe, they'll get it together next year. I don't like that they swapped CC either.

I was scared about the cc swap, but a more engineering minded chief might help her. More of what she is used to

Of course she has benefited from things off the track..maybe moreso than some drivers but maybe no more than JR does from talking about his dad.
I do wish she would stop talking about ricky so much...I think it grows out of having a really bad marriage and finding happiness with ricky..she wants to just let everyone know.
Danica talks about a family eventually with ricky and alothough I would like to see this post poned at the very least, it shows shes thinking about the future with him. The other stuff going back and forth I feel is just that a banter back and forth.

In this link she talks about the cars and what it is like to drive in nascar.

Here she talks about racing and finishing well with Wall st journal

Prerace prep talks about making car better.

And for a through review:

Here she says fav part of raceday is the actual race

talks about what a stock car does at daytona

Edit mods if you want to move the convo between @Revman and myself to the danica thread I understand. ( @TexasRaceLady )

Agreed @TexasRaceLady. Apologies for getting carried away. Certainly, we would agree that Danica's perceived potential needs to start paying dividends soon. What I will say is this....She has one hell of a supporter in you. Damn impressive. Props to you. Big respect. :punkrocke

For you new folks , we LOVE to hate wimmin here . We HATE that they garner so much publicity without winning lots of races . We are trying to get 70,000 views on this anti wimmin in racin thread by Christmas to prove that we're right and the rest of the world is wrong . Nobody cares about wimmin in racin.

Oh God no. Rick may have sold out to Jr but atleast he sold out to a driver who runs up front & wins.

SHR picked up Danica for the money & press time.

Oh God no. Rick may have sold out to Jr but atleast he sold out to a driver who runs up front & wins.

SHR picked up Danica for the money & press time.

JR and Patrick and Gordon in the same stable...

Wow , that publicity seeking hag who always gets way too much media attention , didn't even make Nascar's top 10 this year . Apparently this forum is the only place that she gets too much attention. Odd.

Wow , that publicity seeking hag who always gets way too much media attention , didn't even make Nascar's top 10 this year . Apparently this forum is the only place that she gets too much attention. Odd.
give it a rest. the numbers speak for themselves. she is a back marker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom