All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao

Just like Ted Williams could see the individual stitches on an incoming fastball.

yeah..:D
You guys know what I mean. The draft is a subtle thing something that has a magic and almost a mystery to it.

lmao

Just like Ted Williams could see the individual stitches on an incoming fastball.

Ted Williams saw the Talladega air better than Danica, pre 1969 be damned.
Even frozen corpse Ted Williams sees it better.

The Danica /Dale comparison is just unbelievable to say the least.

Ted Williams saw the Talladega air better than Danica, pre 1969 be damned.
Even frozen corpse Ted Williams sees it better.

The Danica /Dale comparison is just unbelievable to say the least.

Point taken Greg and I just feel due to her indycar experience and pack racing comfort, thats where that comes from. She seems to have developed a Plate know how.

Its more romantic to say she can see the air....

Point taken Greg and I just feel due to her indycar experience and pack racing comfort, thats where that comes from. She seems to have developed a Plate know how.

The see the air thing has always been an overstatement, Earnhardt included.
However the mastery he demonstrated particularly at Talladega is unmatched. It should be noted that the way he wore his belts gave him an advantage.

The comparison to Dale and Danica just surprised me. Kezalowski is the only driver I have seen that is remotely close at Talladega.
I think the RPs are Danica's best cup tracks thus far, but still really a long way from even being part of the current top 10.

However the mastery he demonstrated particularly at Talladega is unmatched. It should be noted that the way he wore his belts gave him an advantage.

The comparison to Dale and Danica just surprised me. Kezalowski is the only driver I have seen that is remotely close at Talladega.
I think the RPs are Danica's best cup tracks thus far, but still really a long way from even being part of the current top 10.

she is no where near earnhardt sr ....but they both had/have a way of being comfortable on plate tracks. I like the "see the air" thing. Romance and racing is good

he didn't see the air, he knew what it was doing to help or hurt the car. going by the amount of wins she has at plate tracks she doesn't know what is going on with the air.

he didn't see the air, he knew what it was doing to help or hurt the car. going by the amount of wins she has at plate tracks she doesn't know what is going on with the air.

Stop being so un romantic! ;)

She is not afraid of plate racing, and her best runs come there. wins will come

Patrick has done extremely well in cup competition at Daytona and Talladega.

Her average finish on the historic Daytona International Speedway is a strong 17th. That is, of course, exclusive of the DNF due to an unavoidable wreck not of her making. Better than her average finish of roughly 20th recorded at her second best track, Martinsville. That too is exclusive of a DNF due to an unavoidable wreck not of her making.

The record reflects a slightly lower average at Talladega Superspeedway of roughly 24th. Again, the number is exclusive of a DNF due to an unavoidable wreck not of her making.

The racing world can expect a dominating performance at either facility in the near future.

Never heard that the way he wore his belts gave him an advantage. How did it help?

Never heard that the way he wore his belts gave him an advantage. How did it help?

I think that Earnhardt understood the 'aero push' before anyone else . No big deal , everyone understands what it is now . Folks think this stuff is new , but it's always been there .

List also shows Stenhouse is a powerhouse!
Speaking of list's...I just noticed that Ricky is on the entry list for the Chili Bowl race next month in Tulsa Ok. I'm hauling two cars from Southern California, so i figure there is a pretty good chance that i might see Danica hanging out in his pit sometime during the week..:)

Last edited:
Speaking of list's...I just noticed that Ricky is on the entry list for the Chili Bowl race next month in Tulsa Ok. I'm hauling two cars from Southern California, so i figure there is a pretty good chance that i might see Danica hanging out in his pit sometime during the week..:)

so jealous....get an autograph!

Just a bump to remind the Danica Haters , we want to end this year on high note and our goal of 70,000 views for this 2014 thread is within sight . Remind your Danica hating friends to check out the thread in the next few days . Let's make this Christmas the merriest ever.

Just a bump to remind the Danica Haters , we want to end this year on high note and our goal of 70,000 views for this 2014 thread is within sight . Remind your Danica hating friends to check out the thread in the next few days . Let's make this Christmas the merriest ever.

Give it a rest. This thread isn't dedicated to badmouthing her, just civilized discussion except for the occasional dumb comment every now and then. Most of the posts in here aren't rude comments from "haters"; if you actually read the comments maybe you would understand that.

Give it a rest. This thread isn't dedicated to badmouthing her, just civilized discussion except for the occasional dumb comment every now and then. Most of the posts in here aren't rude comments from "haters"; if you actually read the comments maybe you would understand that.
LOL Great one .

:XXROFL:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nasca...reviews--no--28-danica-patrick-150303064.html

From the article

2014 accomplishments: Scored three top 10 finishes, including two at 1.5-mile tracks. The third was at Daytona in the summer. Highest-finishing driver in the standings that didn't have a top-five finish. Qualified in the top 10 in three consecutive races in May.

Most memorable moment: In the midst of that three-race top-10 qualifying streak was a seventh-place finish at Kansas, the first top-10 of the season. Was one of the best cars all evening and raced with teammates and other Hendrick cars throughout the night.

Strengths: Sponsor exposure and ubiquity. Even though the finishes may not be there to show it, restrictor plate racing has become an asset.

2015 goals: No longer is a top-10 good enough. Rather, a top-five or two needs to happen. And, in the right circumstances, a win shouldn't be out of the question either.

I agree here. Patrick we NEED a top 5 or two. I WANT A win!

Since there is not a no testing rule here at racing forums, I think i will get an early test shout in before the 2015 season ...:director:GO DANICA. :)

Last edited:
I only saw a few races last year so I am in the dark about many things including Danica. Is she improving and not finishing laps down as often? Thanks in advance

I only saw a few races last year so I am in the dark about many things including Danica. Is she improving and not finishing laps down as often? Thanks in advance

tape_zps39b1d33c.gif

Defending her I would say "she isn't getting the best equipment" however at this point she should have made
the top 25 if she is going to succeed.

Defending her I would say "she isn't getting the best equipment" however at this point she should have made
the top 25 if she is going to succeed.

I think the nice thing for her is that any success she has will be a bonus and she is under no pressure to get top 15-20's

WOW. For the record I will not be getting one of these--thats kinda creepy

I would not be so sure

Time will tell but normally if a driver can win the heart of a sponsor they don't have to be successful racers. Kenny Wallace and Kenny Schrader are great guys but were not successful Nascar drivers but they could always get a ride.

Time will tell but normally if a driver can win the heart of a sponsor they don't have to be successful racers. Kenny Wallace and Kenny Schrader are great guys but were not successful Nascar drivers but they could always get a ride.

that might be true, but I dont think patrick wants to be a mid packer forever. shes competitive and has an intense desire to do well. She (and go daddy) have their own time table for NASCAR but it scares me to think she will leave racing too soon.

that might be true, but I dont think patrick wants to be a mid packer forever. shes competitive and has an intense desire to do well. She (and go daddy) have their own time table for NASCAR but it scares me to think she will leave racing too soon.

She has every right to be racing in cup and if Go Daddy and SHR are happy that is all that matters. It would be a huge adjustment coming from open wheel.

She has every right to be racing in cup and if Go Daddy and SHR are happy that is all that matters. It would be a huge adjustment coming from open wheel.

Certainly she has the right but I do not think she has the will to be a mid packer forever. she wants to run up front

70,000 views over 5,000 comments . Easily more than all of the male drivers combined . Surely if everyone on the board (including our new members) , pull together , we can hit 100,000 views in 2015 . That would make an awesome statement of how we feel about wimmin in racin . Congrats everyone , and thanks Danica for another great year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom