All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
70,000 views over 5,000 comments . Easily more than all of the male drivers combined . Surely if everyone on the board (including our new members) , pull together , we can hit 100,000 views in 2015 . That would make an awesome statement of how we feel about wimmin in racin . Congrats everyone , and thanks Danica for another great year.

One of the things that is different from Nascar than the stick and ball sports is performance. RG3 was a top draft pick but hasn't performed so he is likely gone from the Redskins. Tom Brady was a 6th round choice and he plays every week because he performs.

Essentially in Nascar all a driver has to do to remain employed is attract sponsorship and/or be popular in order to retain his/her job. John Menard can buy his son Paul a spot on any team he desires (sans HMS and affiliates) because he will write a check. They greatest driver in the world can't get a job based on ability but must be able to ring the cash register.

One of the things that is different from Nascar than the stick and ball sports is performance. RG3 was a top draft pick but hasn't performed so he is likely gone from the Redskins. Tom Brady was a 6th round choice and he plays every week because he performs.

Essentially in Nascar all a driver has to do to remain employed is attract sponsorship and/or be popular in order to retain his/her job. John Menard can buy his son Paul a spot on any team he desires (sans HMS and affiliates) because he will write a check. They greatest driver in the world can't get a job based on ability but must be able to ring the cash register.

That's the way the cookie crumbles. So a driver has two jobs, drive and attract sponsors, no big deal.
When you were in the car business didn't a salesman have 2 jobs? sell cars, make customers happy. :)

Yep. It's the differences from stick and ball sports that makes it great . Don't you find it odd that college football , one of the richest sports in the world , doesn't pay it's athletes?

Yep. It's the differences from stick and ball sports that makes it great . Don't you find it odd that college football , one of the richest sports in the world , doesn't pay it's athletes?
Where you can see the money you mean.

I don't find it odd that NCAA players don't get paid but I do think they should receive a stipend. What I do find odd is that Brian France is doing everything he can to make Nascar like stick and ball sports.

I don't find it odd that NCAA players don't get paid but I do think they should receive a stipend. What I do find odd is that Brian France is doing everything he can to make Nascar like stick and ball sports.

I agree , that's exactly what he is doing . In trying to please a few football fans , he is alienating long time race fans.

I wish that wasn't the case either. But it is part of most any big racing series, F1, Indy has seen plenty of ride buying.
It is a part of racing economics not something limited to only Nascar. If there was a solution it would have already been utilized imo.
It is what it is....

I've always found it a bit ironic that, even though NASCAR is considered a blue collar sport with blue collar fans, it's more of a rich kids club than any sport out there. Raw talent can get an athlete to the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. But chances are, unless you come from a wealthy background or align yourself with someone from a wealthy background, you have almost zero chance of making it to the Sprint Cup Series.

I've always found it a bit ironic that, even though NASCAR is considered a blue collar sport with blue collar fans, it's more of a rich kids club than any sport out there. Raw talent can get an athlete to the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc. But chances are, unless you come from a wealthy background or align yourself with someone from a wealthy background, you have almost zero chance of making it to the Sprint Cup Series.

Great points as you don't see any more Alan Kulwicki's coming from the hinterlands with a truck and trailer and establishing a cup career. Now it is rich kids like Vickers, JLo and Menard.

Great points as you don't see any more Alan Kulwicki's coming from the hinterlands with a truck and trailer and establishing a cup career. Now it is rich kids like Vickers, JLo and Menard.

Oh , there are a few around from time to time . Trouble is , today those drivers are disrespected and ridiculed . Sometimes they are laughed at and called "start and parks" . Alan would be laughed out of today's 'win or get out' Nascar.

Oh , there are a few around from time to time . Trouble is , today those drivers are disrespected and ridiculed . Sometimes they are laughed at and called "start and parks" . Alan would be laughed out of today's 'win or get out' Nascar.

I liked it when there were several different engine builders and chassis manufacturers and money wasn't the only factor in whether you got to race on Sunday. I don't know if you remember but several years ago Phil Barkdol qualified for the Daytona 500. He ended up selling his ride but it was cool seeing him make it.

I liked it when there were several different engine builders and chassis manufacturers and money wasn't the only factor in whether you got to race on Sunday. I don't know if you remember but several years ago Phil Barkdol qualified for the Daytona 500. He ended up selling his ride but it was cool seeing him make it.

I remember .Fans don't respect that any more .

If by several years ago you mean 17 years ago. That's a really long time.

I don't remember the year but I remember Felix Sabates bought the ride for Joe Nemechek. I was happy Phil got paid.

Let's get the women out of racing . Love it , keep it coming . Dec. 24th , Day 1. That's the Spirit.
Has nothing about gender but performance.

Danica sucks in good cars. 28th in points. Team mate won the cup. Equipment is good. Danica has no talent. The joke will continue in 2015 mark it down. She is a novelty and not a serious racer.

I cannot wait till Chase Ellliott gets a chance in cup in a part time team with HMS. What fun it will be and what fun it will be to see him beat the living daylights out of Danica.
Get Ready you Danica fans. This kid is going to show you the light. Its a crime Chase is in Nationwide and Danica is in cup. SHe cant drive and has proved it. Chase can drive and he has proved it.

This kid is a jewel.

I cannot wait till Chase Ellliott gets a chance in cup in a part time team with HMS. What fun it will be and what fun it will be to see him beat the living daylights out of Danica.
Get Ready you Danica fans. This kid is going to show you the light. Its a crime Chase is in Nationwide and Danica is in cup. SHe cant drive and has proved it. Chase can drive and he has proved it.

This kid is a jewel.

yeah maybe so..but I bet he can't look good in a bikini draped over a car hood.

This kid is a jewel.
upload_2014-12-30_16-56-15.jpeg

2015 IS Creaping in. Danica is still a joke. Chase Willl clean her clock. Danica fan dream on.

Yes but NASCAR and most motor sports are still the only pro sports where you and I can compete if we have the money. Buy an old car put a team together hire a driver and run the Daytona 500, that's one of the great things about this sport over the other ones, when I watch a race I know given the right circumstances and money I could do that.

Daytona 500 is a bad example. NASCAR requires you to prove that you can competently race on a restrictor track through performance in other series before they let you qualify.

I'm not sure what that standard is though, you might be able to easily find a driver who meets it.

Daytona 500 is a bad example. NASCAR requires you to prove that you can competently race on a restrictor track through performance in other series before they let you qualify.

I'm not sure what that standard is though, you might be able to easily find a driver who meets it.

Easy, hello, Kenny Wallace? Wanna race Daytona? :XXROFL:

If you're going to Daytona, go all in and get a driver who is also eligible for the Sprint Unlimited. Jeff Green's asking price can't be too high and Loy Allen Jr. would probably race for you if you offered to buy him lunch.

Has nothing about gender but performance.

I agree , it's very obvious that this thread is completely gender neutral . Once a very girlie looking white guy (Landon Cassill ? Maybe ? ) was visciously slandered on this thread .

knost is permanent now. hope his engineering bend is something Patrick likes

Danica Patrick is now a spokesperson for Iovate. This is a company that has products for bodybuilding, training, and nutrition. I will be sure to check these brands out. The brands this company has are Six Star, Muscle-Tech, Epiq.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom