All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why i said good or bad...she is doing something good with her life, and Beiber not so much. Some can handle success and popularity, and some can't. She could have went down the same destructive path as him...but she chose not to...and my hats off to her for that.
what does having doing something good have to do with winning races? my honey is the biggest do-gooder there is but she can't drive a race car. I would be willing to bet she has done more good for the down and out then danica.

what does having doing something good have to do with winning races? my honey is the biggest do-gooder there is but she can't drive a race car. I would be willing to bet she has done more good for the down and out then danica.
It has nothing to do with winning races. I have never said anything about Danica winning races, nor do i expect her to anytime soon. I think a consistent top 10 or 15 should come first and she hasn't mastered that yet.

Last edited:

God bless yer better half

I have hope for this week.

She has passed alot of cars at Darlington. Last year went from 40th to 28th in a back up car
I want to see her start top 10 finish top 5

Good luck with that.

Grab your lucky charm and light some candles.

genuine-lucky-rabbits-foot-keychain-green-1133-p.jpg

Ouchy. 33rd qualifying effort for Danica. Will get lapped before lap 30.

Gotta admit, Darlington is a hell of a track to race on. The best of the best have been bitten here. If she has a piss poor performance - understandable. Although this is a momentum race track which is how Indy Cars race, so we'll see.

:( gives her more opportunity to pass cars...shes done it here before

83mvu.jpg

Last edited:
This evening, weather permitting, Patrick can become the first woman to finish better than 16th at Darlington in NASCAR’s premier series. She starts in the top 33.

Janet Guthrie’s record setting mark withstood Patrick’s challenge last year at the storied facility.

Gotta admit, Darlington is a hell of a track to race on. The best of the best have been bitten here. If she has a piss poor performance - understandable. Although this is a momentum race track which is how Indy Cars race, so we'll see.

You feel that Darlington is a momentum track??? Why?

You feel that Darlington is a momentum track??? Why?
If you mess up in one turn, the rest of your lap or whole next lap is totally off beat. Other tracks are fast enough where you can make up time in the next turn or even down the straight. Darlington is just so technical.

This evening, weather permitting, Patrick can become the first woman to finish better than 16th at Darlington in NASCAR’s premier series. She starts in the top 33.

Janet Guthrie’s record setting mark withstood Patrick’s challenge last year at the storied facility.

Guthrie's racing career is before most of the member's time frame. Guthrie raced on a shoestring, wasn't able to afford to enter all of the races but still had an almost 10 position better start finish record than Patrick. Of course the times were really different back then and it isn't going to change anyone's opinions, but Janet's accomplishments when, back in the day, women were either housewife's or secretaries were harder to come by. She also wasn't what some of the wankers call Hawt either. She was a degreed engineer in a to this day male dominated field.

Guthrie's racing career is before most of the member's time frame. Guthrie raced on a shoestring, wasn't able to afford to enter all of the races but still had an almost 10 position better start finish record than Patrick. Of course the times were really different back then and it isn't going to change anyone's opinions, but Janet's accomplishments when, back in the day, women were either housewife's or secretaries were harder to come by. She also wasn't what some of the wankers call Hawt either. She was a degreed engineer in a to this day male dominated field.

male dominated field..just like racing. Patrick will crack open the asphalt ceiling. WIDE OPEN. Janet opened the door...

She had the pole for the 500...more to follow. I just hope soon

The post wasn’t intended to subjectively compare the circumstances surrounding the two. The intent was to show there is a mark for Patrick to shoot for, other than what she did last year.

If you mess up in one turn, the rest of your lap or whole next lap is totally off beat. Other tracks are fast enough where you can make up time in the next turn or even down the straight. Darlington is just so technical.

I see a momentum track as one where you use little brake or wheel and keep your speeds up.

22nd from a start of 33rd at the lady in black. Meh I'll take it

The post wasn’t intended to subjectively compare the circumstances surrounding the two. The intent was to show there is a mark for Patrick to shoot for, other than what she did last year.

moot point anyway. despite all the wave a rounds and lucky dogs in today's Nascar, Guthrie's record still stands.

without trying to sound disrespectful....was she a lesbian?

I think I'm gonna get it for this....

without trying to sound disrespectful....was she a lesbian?

I think I'm gonna get it for this....
hell if I know, she had a degree in aerospace engineering so I guess she was a rocket scientist. yessir, it was rocket science. And another thing she wasn't even close to being the first women to race in Nascar. She has more top tens than sparkle pony. In fact Danica is fourth ranked with her one top ten and has a huge lead on race starts compared to all the other females who have raced in Nascar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_NASCAR_drivers

hell if I know, she had a degree in aerospace engineering so I guess she was a rocket scientist. yessir, it was rocket science. And another thing she wasn't even close to being the first women to race in Nascar. She has more top tens than sparkle pony. In fact Danica is fourth ranked with her one top ten and has a huge lead on race starts compared to all the other females who have raced in Nascar.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_NASCAR_drivers

Well at least we know that Guthrie was smart......and fast. :)

There are relevant points of comparison.. Patrick and Guthrie are both female. Both entered the race and competed against their contemporaries at DIR in a NASCAR sanctioned “cup” race.

In her first and only attempt, Guthrie finished 16th. In two attempts, Patrick failed to equal or exceed the Guthrie’s mark.

I wonder if anyone else has an opinion on this....

I was so excited to see DP short pit in the race, but I did realize that she was 2 laps down...why did her cc do this? Trying to catch a double break? I dunno

I wonder if anyone else has an opinion on this....

I was so excited to see DP short pit in the race, but I did realize that she was 2 laps down...why did her cc do this? Trying to catch a double break? I dunno

Your never ending enthusiam makes me feel bad. I think what we see here is about as good as it gets for Danica. That being said, anyone can win on a restrictor plate track so you never know.

Just read this:

Gibson agreed that the night was a success for Patrick and the entire team.

“We talked about it starting on Monday at the shop,” Gibson said. “I told Danica to focus on racing the racetrack, and if you focus on that, you’re always going to get a good finish. And that’s just what she did tonight. She gave good feedback on the car all night, which helped us to keep working on it and making it better for her. A 22nd-place, lead-lap finish at Darlington is a big improvement for us from last year. I’m really happy with what Danica and this whole GoDaddy team did tonight.”

Improving is good...but I want a her in the top 5....:mad:

Just read this:

Gibson agreed that the night was a success for Patrick and the entire team.

“We talked about it starting on Monday at the shop,” Gibson said. “I told Danica to focus on racing the racetrack, and if you focus on that, you’re always going to get a good finish. And that’s just what she did tonight. She gave good feedback on the car all night, which helped us to keep working on it and making it better for her. A 22nd-place, lead-lap finish at Darlington is a big improvement for us from last year. I’m really happy with what Danica and this whole GoDaddy team did tonight.”

Improving is good...but I want a her in the top 5....:mad:

She was mid pack the entire race. She got her laps back because of all the quick cautions at the end of the race, not because she was competitive. What good is getting back on the lead lap with 3 laps to go on the restart? So they can brag about finishing on the lead lap? lol
Gibson saying with a straight face that Darlington was a success is for the team is pretty pathetic IMO.

Talk about lowered expectations.

She was mid pack the entire race. She got her laps back because of all the quick cautions at the end of the race, not because she was competitive. What good is getting back on the lead lap with 3 laps to go on the restart? So they can brag about finishing on the lead lap? lol
Gibson saying with a straight face that Darlington was a success is for the team is pretty pathetic IMO.

Talk about lowered expectations.

Im not happy.....but Im optimistic!

anyway the link for that quote is http://www.danicaracing.com/newsdesk-press&nid=261

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom