All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing's for sure, Danica and Gibson and everyone else on the team that keeps accepting these "moral victories", they are only hurting themselves.

Like mreed said, they need to set the bar higher. Their expectations for success should be on par with the rest of Stewart-Haas.

One thing's for sure, Danica and Gibson and everyone else on the team that keeps accepting these "moral victories", they are only hurting themselves.

Like mreed said, they need to set the bar higher. Their expectations for success should be on par with the rest of Stewart-Haas.

I dont mind setting attainable goals even if lowered. Expecting results that match Harvicks, Kurts or Tonys is ridiculously impossible.

I think she first needs to just try finish in the top 20 more often the not. I am not sure if that's possible, but it is a challenge for improvement and a good stretch goal for her.

I think trying to be one of the best is an outrageous standard for her. Talks of winning a race is premature too.

Just for grins: A good challenge imo opinion would be the ablity to finish in top 20 consistently, than raise the bar to top 15 consistently. If tops 10s were to ever start happening at a moderate frequency maybe a third of the time, they could start thinking about winning one.

But presently i still think I would be better off with a lottery ticket, than placing a bet on her getting a cup win anytime soon.

She has been in stock cars since 2010. Has over 60 NW starts and over 50 Cup starts. She is driving top equipment that has proven capable of winning. Why shouldn't their expectations be higher?

I'll tell you why: because they know she isn't good enough to run up front. She has shown very little improvement her entire duration in stock cars. If they can accept 22nd place finishes and call it a success, then it is what it is. But how do they expect to improve when they are constantly making excuses for themselves? I feel like the whole team has accepted mediocrity and they don't even expect to be competitive anymore.

She has been in stock cars since 2010. Has over 60 NW starts and over 50 Cup starts. She is driving top equipment that has proven capable of winning. Why shouldn't their expectations be higher?

I'll tell you why: because they know she isn't good enough to run up front. She has shown very little improvement her entire duration in stock cars. If they can accept 22nd place finishes and call it a success, then it is what it is. But how do they expect to improve when they are constantly making excuses for themselves? I feel like the whole team has accepted mediocrity and they don't even expect to be competitive anymore.

You answered your own question.

She just isn't even good enough to run top 15 even though they have the equipment and are more than capable of doing so. But not with her.

I will go and say that that 10 car would have probably won if the right person was behind the wheel.

It is downright painful watching her "drive" a car that should be in the top dozen be riding 30th and getting lapped by lap 50.

Talk about your wasted resources.

Good sensible points. But we are not in their closed door meetings, and we can't be 100 percent certain of how they truly address the struggles. The company line for the public may be very different than the real working one.

In addition to that with the sponsorship revenues she brings along, she is also probably viewed more as business partner than an employee. They see the $ resources/ opportunities that comes along with her to the team.

I believe she will improve..she certainly has the drive even with the moral victories...

She was mid pack the entire race. She got her laps back because of all the quick cautions at the end of the race, not because she was competitive. What good is getting back on the lead lap with 3 laps to go on the restart? So they can brag about finishing on the lead lap? lol
Gibson saying with a straight face that Darlington was a success is for the team is pretty pathetic IMO.

Talk about lowered expectations.
I noticed that in the meat of the race before the last 50 or so laps, when there were long green runs, not only her but the guys around 25th back were getting farther and farther behind as the better cars got faster. She was 3 laps down at one point and 2 laps down and getting closer to three down for at least half of the race. Never was competitive, always a back marker and advanced not by racing but by pit strategy and staying out at the last when all the cautions came. But as usual, smoke and mirror hype from all involved. Showing the 10 car racing beside another car when they are both 2 laps down didn't fool me.

I noticed that in the meat of the race before the last 50 or so laps, when there were long green runs, not only her but the guys around 25th back were getting farther and farther behind as the better cars got faster. She was 3 laps down at one point and 2 laps down and getting closer to three down for at least half of the race. Never was competitive, always a back marker and advanced not by racing but by pit strategy and staying out at the last when all the cautions came. But as usual, smoke and mirror hype from all involved. Showing the 10 car racing beside another car when they are both 2 laps down didn't fool me.

Hey she was racing! She is maturing...showing more aggression. I liked that!

Hey she was racing! She is maturing...showing more aggression. I liked that!
She has matured that's for sure. We know that she is not afraid to race hard after watching her in Indy Cars, and we know that she is in pretty good equipment right now. But, like i have said before she just doesn't seem to be able to get the most out of her car. After listening to her on the radio talking to her crew cheif i don't think she knows how to communicate what the car is doing and that is not allowing the crew chief to set the car up so she can drive it. It doesn't make any difference how good of equipment she has if it's not set up right. How many times have we seen good drivers riding around out of the top 25 complaining, and complaining, and complaining about their set ups until they finally figured it out and then they started moving towards the front. If she can ever conquer that problem and start getting up on the wheel and driving a little more aggresive then we might see her make a big improvment in her finishes.

Jeff is classy. Jeff Gordon "She belongs here"

Thanks chex for posting.

post-5767-Haters-Gonna-Hate-Oppa-Gangnam-t0zx.jpeg

Anyone that has been watching her career for any length of time has probably already seen any of the wrecks you are going to show, so you are not bringing anything new to the table.
I'm betting you didnt even watch the video. It's now showing the wrecks - its tuning into driver's communication about Danica. You know what they say about assuming..

I'm betting you didnt even watch the video. It's now showing the wrecks - its tuning into driver's communication about Danica. You know what they say about assuming..

exactly..waiting for "the good ol boy club comments" or some other rah rah horse spit.

Hey..every driver curses out others...Its just a thing
I, imho feel that some of it crosses over to misogyny..I hope those are actually rare. I fear they may be more common than we know.

Travis...you are an ass

hey tony is not immune from getting angry...I know my boss gets upset at me...

You and I just differ on opinions thats all

I imagine those clips are from early on her career

hey tony is not immune from getting angry...I know my boss gets upset at me...

You and I just differ on opinions thats all

I imagine those clips are from early on her career

Yeah. Like a year ago.. Eons.

For the record, Kvapil is an ass. We don't need the vid for that..

What the vid does show is that she races leaders too hard when she shouldn't be..(trying to learn and act like a big dog or something), and she doesn't know how to run a line with other traffic when that other traffic is consistently 15 mph faster than you in the corners.. I mentioned the same thing in the race thread on Saturday. She ran people extremely tight in the corners all night,... The same thing Smoke was complaining about her doing, what track were they at during that radio communication? Darlington. Yeah, she's a sponge.

shes learning....she moved over the leaders....She is racing hard

How many races did she run in 2010? So running a part time schedule now equals running a full time season? I love all you bench racing a..holes jumping in on something you`ve never done yourselves and have no clue what driving a COT is like.

One thing everyone keeps forgetting is the last 2 seasons NA$CAR have changed the COT she just starts to improve and then it`s back to square one for her.

Until you yourself have raced one of these cars you should keep your mouth shut. Just watching NA$CAR racing on TV doesn`t make any of us an expert on driving a COT.

How many races did she run in 2010? So running a part time schedule now equals running a full time season? I love all you bench racing a..holes jumping in on something you`ve never done yourselves and have no clue what driving a COT is like.

One thing everyone keeps forgetting is the last 2 seasons NA$CAR have changed the COT she just starts to improve and then it`s back to square one for her.

Until you yourself have raced one of these cars you should keep your mouth shut. Just watching NA$CAR racing on TV doesn`t make any of us an expert on driving a COT.

They don't race a car of tomorrow anymore. She tried them for 10 races. I can appreciate the clean slate thing but for the bulk of her career she has had the same car, other than the wholesale rule changes..

As far as an expert. I've invested a metric ****ton of time in my life watching this garbage, I'd consider myself pretty well educated on what you should expect from drivers and how drivers should run around a racetrack. And I have tons of respect for how difficult these cars are to drive. No expert, but you get the point. I'm sure a lot of other forum members feel the same way.

As far as the drivers, they earn a lot of money to do their jobs. These people are experts. If they drive like amateurs, I don't see what's wrong with calling them out on it. When DP showed up to NASCAR I was rooting for her. Every week she makes it more difficult. Now it's more like a running joke. I enjoy it though.

Pretty damn certain nobody in this forum has raced a NSCS car against 42 of the worlds greatest drivers on a Sunday.

You sound like the white man telling the Mexicans to get off their land while the Native American Indians watch in disbelief.

I hope you didn't bet much because you would have lost.:) I heard most of that chatter right after it happened, and i listened to it again for old times sake. There is not a driver out there that hasn't had angry chatter about themselves from other drivers. That's why it's no big news...to me anyway. Just about everyone, even Tony has pulled stupid moves. I will pick two right off the top of my head Tony-Dega "took out half the field" / Jr -Texas, "took out himself and his teammate"...and they are not learning to drive. I think most of us on here knows that she is struggling or at least that's what i'm gathering from most of the posts that i have read.

Racing is like politics; we're all experts even though very few of us have ever actually tried it. Although, that certainly doesn't stop us from discussing either of them.

I hope you didn't bet much because you would have lost.:) I heard most of that chatter right after it happened, and i listened to it again for old times sake. There is not a driver out there that hasn't had angry chatter about themselves from other drivers. That's why it's no big news...to me anyway. Just about everyone, even Tony has pulled stupid moves. I will pick two right off the top of my head Tony-Dega "took out half the field" / Jr -Texas, "took out himself and his teammate"...and they are not learning to drive. I think most of us on here knows that she is struggling or at least that's what i'm gathering from most of the posts that i have read.

LOL fair enough. Few screw up on a more consistent basis though.

Pretty damn certain nobody in this forum has raced a NSCS car against 42 of the worlds greatest drivers on a Sunday.

You sound like the white man telling the Mexicans to get off their land while the Native American Indians watch in disbelief.
But that doesn`t stop you and a few others on this board from jumping on the hate Danica wagon does it?

Don`t start me on the whites stealing land from Native Americans with your talking about how sympathetic Mexicans are to them when the Mexicans were stealing lands from the Native Americans long before the whites even came along.

I don't believe anyone here has raced in the Cup Series, so I guess we should ban all critical discussion of any and every driver. Then we can either get together and sing Kumbaya or shut the board down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom