All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe anyone here has raced in the Cup Series, so I guess we should ban all critical discussion of any and every driver. Then we can either get together and sing Kumbaya or shut the board down.

Maybe we can argue about things we are experts at... Like dropping deuces and being broke. lmao

How many times have we seen good drivers riding around out of the top 25 complaining, and complaining, and complaining about their set ups until they finally figured it out and then they started moving towards the front.

Quick, snappy reference, Jimmie at Darlington.

They nearly got lapped to start the race, worked and worked the car and nearly won the thing.

I don't believe anyone here has raced in the Cup Series, so I guess we should ban all critical discussion of any and every driver. Then we can either get together and sing Kumbaya or shut the board down.

Good lord. I hate when people use that as a defense mechanism. You haven't race a cup car so shudup, you. BURN HIM!

Let me put it this way;

Most historians haven't actually done what they research and study. That doesn't make them any less of an expert.

Good lord. I hate when people use that as a defense mechanism. You haven't race a cup car so shudup, you. BURN HIM!

Let me put it this way;

Most historians haven't actually done what they research and study. That doesn't make them any less of an expert.
I slept in a Holiday Inn Express last week.Do I qualify????

Quick, snappy reference, Jimmie at Darlington.

They nearly got lapped to start the race, worked and worked the car and nearly won the thing.
They were just talking about that on Race Hub. Jimmie said that the car was really, really tight, but his crew never gave up and they just kept working on his car until they had it where he could get in a position to bring home a respectable finish.

They were just talking about that on Race Hub. Jimmie said that the car was really, really tight, but his crew never gave up and they just kept working on his car until they had it where he could get in a position to bring home a respectable finish.

I'd say third is more than respectable. lol

They don't race a car of tomorrow anymore. She tried them for 10 races. I can appreciate the clean slate thing but for the bulk of her career she has had the same car, other than the wholesale rule changes..

As far as an expert. I've invested a metric ****ton of time in my life watching this garbage, I'd consider myself pretty well educated on what you should expect from drivers and how drivers should run around a racetrack. And I have tons of respect for how difficult these cars are to drive. No expert, but you get the point. I'm sure a lot of other forum members feel the same way.

As far as the drivers, they earn a lot of money to do their jobs. These people are experts. If they drive like amateurs, I don't see what's wrong with calling them out on it. When DP showed up to NASCAR I was rooting for her. Every week she makes it more difficult. Now it's more like a running joke. I enjoy it though.

From my stand point I too have watched race cars for quite a while, but despite that, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that she can't drive a race car and she isn't getting any better. This clip shows what fellow drivers think about it. Some of their comments are too funny.

You know when Travis said he would kill her, I believe him.

What is this freak doing in this series. Mayfield jr.

How many races did she run in 2010? So running a part time schedule now equals running a full time season? I love all you bench racing a..holes jumping in on something you`ve never done yourselves and have no clue what driving a COT is like.

One thing everyone keeps forgetting is the last 2 seasons NA$CAR have changed the COT she just starts to improve and then it`s back to square one for her.

Until you yourself have raced one of these cars you should keep your mouth shut. Just watching NA$CAR racing on TV doesn`t make any of us an expert on driving a COT.

LOL. Where do I even start.

What does the COT have to do with anything? You are correct, I haven't driven a Cup car; now explain how this is relevant to the discussion? Do you have an issue with me stating facts? She has been racing stock cars since 2010, fact. She isn't a rookie anymore with well over 100 starts between NW and Cup. "Lack of experience" can no longer be considered an excuse, especially when you have drivers with far less experience driving inferior equipment posting better results.

So I guess I should just "keep my mouth shut" because I haven't raced one of these cars? What an un-American thing to say. Shame on you. I guess Richard Petty is the only one who can share his opinion, is that what you're saying? Wait, Richard hasn't driven a COT either... I guess he isn't allowed to speak his mind because he's not an expert. :rolleyes:

"Bench racing a holes" like myself share our opinions, based on facts and observations, and you can't handle it so you label us haters. Well guess what dude, I've never attacked Danica personally, nor will I. I think she is good for the sport and I want to see her succeed, but I'm starting to have sincere doubts about her ever being successful in a Cup car. That's my opinion, sorry I'm not sorry that you can't handle it.

DanicaFreak, thank you for supporting your driver without making ridiculous statements, lame excuses, and weak arguments like some of the other "Danica defenders" on here. I admire the passion you have and your positive attitude, and I legitimately respect and enjoy reading the comments/opinions you post on here.

DanicaFreak, thank you for supporting your driver without making ridiculous statements, lame excuses, and weak arguments like some of the other "Danica defenders" on here. I admire the passion you have and your positive attitude, and I legitimately respect and enjoy reading the comments/opinions you post on here.
+1

That's pretty cool that you guys gave DanicaFreak a high five. He seems like a pretty die hard fan and that should make his day. It has gotten a little ugly in here at times and he has stood his ground through it all "with out a lot of help from Danica". At the end of the day after all the barbs are traded back and forth and everyone settles down a little we are all still just a bunch of great racing fans having a good time.:cool:

Last edited:
She had an awful lot of run-ins with the Burger King cars last season, she improved a little this year but still has a way to go, and yes she does seem to slow down the leaders when they attempt to lap her. I'm actually surprised Tony Stewart said something about her considering she's riding under his team.

NASCAR will keep her in the series until fans lose interest in her, or at least until Johanna Long comes along and proves what a woman driver can do.

She wants desperately to be on the lead lap at all times but she needs to respect the leader too.

She had an awful lot of run-ins with the Burger King cars last season, she improved a little this year but still has a way to go, and yes she does seem to slow down the leaders when they attempt to lap her. I'm actually surprised Tony Stewart said something about her considering she's riding under his team.

NASCAR will keep her in the series until fans lose interest in her, or at least until Johanna Long comes along and proves what a woman driver can do.
Is, Johanna still racing? I haven't heard anything about her this year, but i hope she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom