All things relating to Danica -- New season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I choose to believe she will win. Some people believe she won't. I have faith in my driver. simple as that.

Well I can agree that you have faith in Danica. IMO she hasn't demonstrated the ability to win a cup race. Henceforth faith is a prerequisite.

...faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I just aint expecting a miracle myself. If it happens I will have to righteously eat a lot of crow. That would only be fair and you are a true gentlemen, and classy in spite of my cynism.

Still the same I aint worried about ever having to eat any Danica crow.

Well I can agree that you have faith in Danica. IMO she hasn't demonstrated the ability to win a cup race. Henceforth faith is a prerequisite.

...faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I just aint expecting a miracle myself. If it happens I will have to righteously eat a lot of crow. That would only be fair and you are a true gentlemen, and classy in spite of my cynism.

Still the same I aint worried about ever having to eat any Danica crow.

We shall see

I will believe in her until she stops driving. But I'm a fan...I will freely admit my glasses

upload_2014-7-28_22-49-21.jpeg

I'll tell ya what Freak, your like me. I'm a huge NY Mets fan and people give me crap about it all the time. Honestly, I'd like to see her win a race too but speaking realistically, she's spoken of being capable of winning a race and potentially closing in on that win. Usually drivers don't say things like that unless they've already had a few strong top 5 or top 10 runs so she seems to be very confident if anything. I will agree with you that she is an overly cautious driver so she needs to shake that first. I said this once before that I think she has 2 legitimate shots at a win left this season, Dega & maybe Watkins Glen, like you said, we'll see.

If Danica wants to improve her confidence as a driver, she needs to go to Nationwide for at least 2 years. It's detrimental to her growth that she's being thrown into Cup. It'd be like handing me a bat and putting me on the Yankees starting nine tomorrow. I would be terrible and my confidence would be shot so I would never really improve to my potential.

She is not "the great female hope" for auto racing. Train, re-train, run this, run that. There is a need for a female in motorsports apparently, the powers that be have continued to exaggerate, alibi, stretch reality, and do back flips, but it ain't going to happen with this one. But the money is there, so there ya go. It is what it is. a pretty woman in a race car driving in cup. Great for the sport, but she ain't going to be a chase unless they take drivers who's name start with "D".

I do wish as Ive said many times before that she had spent more time in nationwide, but we have what we have.

As for not winning, y'all know my opinion. I feel its going to happen--I think that it will likley come on a 1.5 miler not a super speed way. She has made marked improvement there. Kansas 2014.

She is so darn driven, she will NOT give up. She is so hard on herself as well. I am worried a bit about that--but I am sure that she has things in hand--she is used to extra attention.

She believes she can win. I. do. too.

I think it would be neat if she pulls off an upset win at one of these tracks before the chase and makes it in.

GO DANICA

Seen her qualify up front & drop like a rock with an anchor tied to it several times this year. Hopes = not up.

And DanicaFan, I am going to give you some advice. You can say you can believe your driver will win all you want. But dont say things like "I think that it will likley come on a 1.5 miler not a super speed way. She has made marked improvement there. Kansas 2014."

That is why people give you crap. You ALWAYS BRING UP Kansas and then just completely ignore the other 1.5 mile tracks this season, where her average finish is 25th and highest finish was 17th in five races, three of them coming AFTER Kansas.

Just some helpful advice.

And DanicaFan, I am going to give you some advice. You can say you can believe your driver will win all you want. But dont say things like "I think that it will likley come on a 1.5 miler not a super speed way. She has made marked improvement there. Kansas 2014."

That is why people give you crap. You ALWAYS BRING UP Kansas and then just completely ignore the other 1.5 mile tracks this season, where her average finish is 25th and highest finish was 17th in five races, three of them coming AFTER Kansas.

Just some helpful advice.

Kansas shows she can do it....and imho shows which program (her 1.5 mile) is looking better.
We all know super speed ways are a crazy combination of luck and skill at seeing the draft, and car hp. I will just as happy if her first win comes on a superspeedway but would be extra proud if it came on another type. Dream scenario:

Win at the glen and followed with a win at MIS=making chase

fav nascar tracks are roadcourses.

In this week's contest, Driver 10 finds more than winning to be at issue. Though Patrick holds the distinction of being the first woman to wreck out of a cup event held in Pocono, there are still matters of record for women in cup competition held by Janet Guthrie she has failed to exceed.

The first, of course, Guthrie's 11th place finish on the unique and exciting race track. While Patrick was close to the record in last season's spring race with a strong 29th, her last two races weren't as solid.

The second mark Patrick hasn't matched as of yet is Guthrie's average finish over the three cup races she drove at Pocono, standing at 23.3. Though not on the immediate pace, Patrick's 33.7 is agonizingly close to being within only 10 positions of Guthrie's.

Lastly, the GoDaddy Girl is still 2 top 10 finishes away from The Kelly Girl's record of five earned in the course of 33 races. Patrick has 3 in 66 entries, very close. Looming is an epic statistical battle of green Chevrolet racing machines.

From her 10th starting position, the second woman to qualify for that spot in this event, Patrick is poised not only to win but to rewrite the record books. Unfortunately she will be handicapped by a crew rejected by Ryan Newman at the beginning of last season, but she will move forward, set and hold records – even if the aforementioned crew did damage her rear end in Indiana.

In this week's contest, Driver 10 finds more than winning to be at issue. Though Patrick holds the distinction of being the first woman to wreck out of a cup event held in Pocono, there are still matters of record for women in cup competition held by Janet Guthrie she has failed to exceed.

The first, of course, Guthrie's 11th place finish on the unique and exciting race track. While Patrick was close to the record in last season's spring race with a strong 29th, her last two races weren't as solid.

The second mark Patrick hasn't matched as of yet is Guthrie's average finish over the three cup races she drove at Pocono, standing at 23.3. Though not on the immediate pace, Patrick's 33.7 is agonizingly close to being within only 10 positions of Guthrie's.

Lastly, the GoDaddy Girl is still 2 top 10 finishes away from The Kelly Girl's record of five earned in the course of 33 races. Patrick has 3 in 66 entries, very close. Looming is an epic statistical battle of green Chevrolet racing machines.

From her 10th starting position, the second woman to qualify for that spot in this event, Patrick is poised not only to win but to rewrite the record books. Unfortunately she will be handicapped by a crew rejected by Ryan Newman at the beginning of last season, but she will move forward, set and hold records – even if the aforementioned crew did damage her rear end in Indiana.

Excellent. The real beauty of these posts is that many Danica fans just love them. ;)

pocono= :(

as for rclarence I know his patrick posts are tinged with sarcasm.

Patrick, once again, was a victim.

But, with dogged determination, will power and sheer talent, she drove an almost totaled GoDaddy racing Chevy to a solid 30th and held her points position. Lesser drivers would have re-wrecked a car in that shape as Jimmie Johnson did Though she lost ground in points to Stenhouse and Allgaier, both extremely tough competitors, she maintained her firm grip on 28th position.

Through it all, however, Guthrie's marks for women racing in cup competition at The Tricky Triangle remain unbroken for another year.

Fortunately, a road course awaits. The sort of facility where her highly honed skills will give her 1 of 2 legitimate shots at victory this season according to some seasoned judges of stock car racing talent. The other being the final plate race of the season.

I choose to believe she will win. Some people believe she won't. I have faith in my driver. simple as that.
I agree she will win a NA$CAR race probably not this year tho. Where is she going, she leaving NA$CAR after this season, has there been an article about her quitting that I've missed? Everyone on here seems to think this year or nothing.

I agree she will win a NA$CAR race probably not this year tho. Where is she going, she leaving NA$CAR after this season, has there been an article about her quitting that I've missed? Everyone on here seems to think this year or nothing.
did i miss someone saying she's leaving. she's the golden goose. but how anyone can think she'll win without it being a fluke is beyond me. heck i'm waiting to see her run in the top 20 every week

There was talk about Patrick driving for HAAS F1. I doubt it will happen.

Patrick is not getting up to speed as fast as I would like. I see improvement, and this makes me happiER not as happy as will be to see her win a couple of these things.

Will that change my being a fan of hers? No.
I

I think when Kenzie decides to come over all her experience on these tracks is going to really help. Something, as a patrick fan I am jealous of.

There was talk about Patrick driving for HAAS F1. I doubt it will happen.

Patrick is not getting up to speed as fast as I would like. I see improvement, and this makes me happiER not as happy as will be to see her win a couple of these things.

Will that change my being a fan of hers? No.
I

I think when Kenzie decides to come over all her experience on these tracks is going to really help. Something, as a patrick fan I am jealous of.

Sorry DF, but you are starting to sound like me defending Kyle Petty in 2006 and 2007. I admire your support of her, but if she can't win now with the equipment she has, she isn't going win as she gets older. Unless nascar throws her a bone and she wins a rain shortened event or a fuel milage race, she's just like KP, what you see is what you get. last driver on the lead lap or last driver on the laps down group she's running with.

Sorry DF, but you are starting to sound like me defending Kyle Petty in 2006 and 2007. I admire your support of her, but if she can't win now with the equipment she has, she isn't going win as she gets older. Unless nascar throws her a bone and she wins a rain shortened event or a fuel milage race, she's just like KP, what you see is what you get. last driver on the lead lap or last driver on the laps down group she's running with.

Kyle was much better and won races, she isnt and never will be close to that level.

I think Danica would benefit greatly from a season of dirt sprint cars.

Love to see it,...and I agree--she needs to learn more about what driving flat on the floor with a loose car is all about.

Maybe she and Tony can drive together a few races?

If Danica wants to improve her confidence as a driver, she needs to go to Nationwide for at least 2 years. It's detrimental to her growth that she's being thrown into Cup. It'd be like handing me a bat and putting me on the Yankees starting nine tomorrow. I would be terrible and my confidence would be shot so I would never really improve to my potential.
That's what everyone said about Logano...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom