Ambrose back to OZ!

http://beyondtheflag.com/2014/09/09...tm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending on FS

People talking about Chase Elliott being a replacement.

V8 Supercars need him. Whincup is running away atm.

I will miss him because what a treat it was to watch him on road courses. One of the best that came to NASCAR on the road courses. If he had made the Chase, I think it would have been different.

Thanks for the great moments Marcos because I bet Casey Mears is relived.:bigfight:

http://beyondtheflag.com/2014/09/09/rumors-elliott-cup-2015-ambrose-replaced/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Trending on FS

People talking about Chase Elliott being a replacement.

V8 Supercars need him. Whincup is running away atm.

I will miss him because what a treat it was to watch him on road courses. One of the best that came to NASCAR on the road courses. If he had made the Chase, I think it would have been different.

Thanks for the great moments Marcos because I bet Casey Mears is relived.:bigfight:

No Elliot is not the replacement, two seperate things if you read the article. Chase will likely race a few for Hendrick next year.

According to sources close to RPM it would seem that David Ragan and Sam Hornish Jr. are the frontrunners to take over for Ambrose should he not return.

Good luck to him whatever he ends up doing. He's a helluva road racer.

Would mind seeing Ryan Blaney drive the #9 next year.

Thanks for the memories Marcos. And good luck back home in the V8 supercars.

Hopefully Hornish gets the 9 car next year. Ragan would do well on the plate tracks, but probably not much else.

I wouldn't want Blaney in the 9. It'd be another Kyle Larson type situation where the driver is FAR better than the equipment.

Equipment at Ganassi is top notch, it is the talent department where they lack. I have a feeling in a few years Ganassi will be competing for championships.

Thanks for the memories Marcos. And good luck back home in the V8 supercars.

Hopefully Hornish gets the 9 car next year. Ragan would do well on the plate tracks, but probably not much else.
Depends on which David Ragan shows up. He did well in 2008 and 2011 wasn't bad either.

it would be cool if Hendrick's could acquire the #9 for when Chase does run cup, even if it is on a Chevy.

Ragan would probably be the best bet, I mean if money is needed. I'd say give him a second chance, lets see how he would get on with a decent car. He and Almirola seems like a very likeable bunch with some potential.

He has big backing by CSX and Love's supporting both Ragan and Gilliland.

Last edited:
He's supposed to do about a third of the season with Wood Brothers.

Yeah, that's right...I remember now that something was said about that when it was announced that Bayne was going full-time cup. Thanks for the reminder :)

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...orts-back-to-australia-sprint-cup-series.html

Ambrose said he felt his NASCAR career had "plateaued," and that it was time to move on.
"I've always said that if I felt like I had flattened ... my learning curve or success, that I was only in the U.S. to win and if I wasn't able to contend like I want to, then I need to look at my situation and that has been the case.
"It has been a tough couple of years on the race track for me and the personal situation is clear and I just think the timing is right to go home."

I wish the best for him. If he had just a bit more in some races he would have been a winner on an oval. So close.

I wish we had better coverage for V8 Supercars here. Maybe with Penske and Ambrose going back (supposedly) it will get more attention here. The races I have seen have been really good.

Sad to see him leave, I wish him the best of luck, and you cant blame him, he and his family just want to return home.

I'm an Ambrose fan, I'll be tuning in to the V8 Supercars to follow him (hopefully the races will be available on TV).
Probably wont be, you can stream them though

Always wished him well on the track but I can understand he misses home and he's not had the success here that he's wanted, I'm sure.

Gonna miss you Marcus. Rooted for you the whole time you've been here. Too bad there's not a Ford in your future when you go back home. Good luck.

Just woke up to this news. Bugger !! Loved to watch him but I guess it is the best decision for him to have his family back in Australia. Will have to find another good guy to follow. Any suggestions.........??? Jokin'........

Back
Top Bottom