Ambrose back to OZ!

thinkin fox sports has contract w/ v8 supercar races next yr. ??

I wish the best for him. If he had just a bit more in some races he would have been a winner on an oval. So close.

I wish we had better coverage for V8 Supercars here. Maybe with Penske and Ambrose going back (supposedly) it will get more attention here. The races I have seen have been really good.
I think FOX still has the U.S. rights but pretty much dumped them once SPEED went away.

I catch them here: http://www.gpreplay.com/videos-2014.htm#V8SUPERCARS

And, as @jws926 said, they offer live streaming to international fans: https://www.v8supercars.com.au/v8superview

thought usa '15 + tv deal w/ fox.....1-2 '15 usa races.....was part of penske / ambrose deal w/ v8 ??
fs2 maybe ?
They said last year that the races were supposed to stay on FS1 but that hasn't happened, and I haven't even seen them on FS2. With the COTA contract being terminated early it may be a while before V8SC is back on TV here in the States.

FOX does the same with the WEC. They own the U.S. rights to the series but the only races they're actually showing this year are Le Mans and COTA next weekend.

They said last year that the races were supposed to stay on FS1 but that hasn't happened, and I haven't even seen them on FS2. With the COTA contract being terminated early it may be a while before V8SC is back on TV here in the States.

FOX does the same with the WEC. They own the U.S. rights to the series but the only races they're actually showing this year are Le Mans and COTA next weekend.

a shame......thought ambrose woulda brought big nascar crossover fans ta '15 v8 ?

The free to air broadcast rights for V8Supercars change at the end of this year. Fox along with a local network have the rights so we wont get all races free to air from then. $75 per month for the average punter to get all races. Up until now has been broadcast live and free. I suppose you will get it stateside via Fox.

does anyone know if this was mainly an RPM decision or ambrose's. Whats said publicly isn't always what really happened. If replacements are essentially david ragan and sam hornish. If thats whats available is sticking with ambrose that bad of an idea?? at least he can win on road courses, well watkins glen at least. why replace him with a guy who can't win on anything but a plate track, ie david ragan. I think sam hornish is alot better than david ragan.

does anyone know if this was mainly an RPM decision or ambrose's. Whats said publicly isn't always what really happened. If replacements are essentially david ragan and sam hornish. If thats whats available is sticking with ambrose that bad of an idea?? at least he can win on road courses, well watkins glen at least. why replace him with a guy who can't win on anything but a plate track, ie david ragan. I think sam hornish is alot better than david ragan.
I believe what Ambrose said and the way he said it to be the truth. I believe that he thinks that his career has topped out in Nascar and his family simply wants to go home. I see no reason to disbelieve him.

Chase Elliott needs to stay right where he is. He needs at least another year in Busch. Rick Hendrick needs to cut a deal with RPM for the 9 some way or the other. Going to miss Ambrose. I really did like that guy and he could flat out wheel a stock car on road courses like nobody else I have ever seen.

I wonder what would have been if he had driven for another team? RCR, JGR, Penske, HMS, RFR. I hate to say this but IMHO Petty's teams aren't of the same caliber as them. He did ok in so-so equipment so if he was in better equipment, who knows? My 2¢

Marcus is a much better road racer than he would ever be on ovals, been plenty before him and probably plenty of others after him that will find out the same thing. the money was probably better in the states and I think he also enjoyed the challenge until it became clear he wasn't going to win on an oval. If every race was at Watkins Glenn he would be a 5 time champion.

Official...Ambrose will drive the #17 DJR Team Penske Ford Falcon next year.

The partnership between Team Penske and Dick Johnson Racing brings together two organisations that have experienced tremendous success in their respective disciplines. Team Penske has produced more than 400 race wins and 26 national championships in its storied history while DJR has earned over 80 victories and seven Australian Touring Car/V8 Supercar titles in over 35 years of racing.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/championship/marcos-ambrose-to-drive-17-ford/

He will have his work cut out for him beating 5 time Whincup..classic Ford Chevy battle. That series is getting a big shot in the arm with Penske and Ambrose.

He will have his work cut out for him beating 5 time Whincup..classic Ford Chevy battle. That series is getting a big shot in the arm with Penske and Ambrose.

Whincup is good, but its similar to something like WRC with Loeb. No kind of competition, but he did lose the championship in 2010. I'm not expecting Marcos to jump right in and get back in like a snap of a finger. Its going to take some time, but I can't wait to see him in V8 Supercars again.

I've watched V8 Supercars for a few years now. Its tough competition, Whincup is very consistent but he isn't the only one that wins. His team is the best tho, but you got Ford and Volvo with young phenom Scotty Mclaughin in a Volvo nipping on his tails. Ambrose won't just come back and be dominant imo

I do like Penske's strategy of taking current Cup drivers who were top in other cars and putting them back there. It's interesting that he sees Cup as a way to find drivers for his other ventures.

Back
Top Bottom