Ambrose gone?

Kind of hard to say roush is getting ford's sloppy seconds when they build the engines for Ford. They are just behind in the chassis department.
This. Roush has been racing for Ford since 1988 and they have been their top team for a while until Penske came along. There's no way Ford would give them lesser equipment or support. I think Penske just has better engineers.

I think Ambrose has run his course in NASCAR. Not getting it done on the road courses last year and so far this year probably doesn't help either. Sounds like Penske could have a real good opportunity for him to return home, which would be very tough to turn down.

If i may, I'd like to make a hockey analogy in regards to his situation. The NHL is a North American League with players from all over the world. In many cases though, foreign players will choose to go back to their home countries to play for similar dollars after they have tried to carve out a career far away from their native land. In many cases they chase glory in a foreign league, but often return to where they came up to finish their careers. I see this as a natural fit for Ambrose returning to his homeland to enjoy the twilight of his driving career.

I like Ambrose. I think he's a hell of a driver. I think his lack of performance at RPM is all on RPM. I'd like to see what he could do in a top-tier ride.

ME TO!!!, but, he ain't getting any younger and I imagine he has stuck a couple million away, it will boil down to dollars. Normally Penske does not do things half assed.

Penske isn't saying anything either. this is a pretty good "who done it". A lot like horse racing, you have the horse, but you have to run the sponsors colors and use their jockey if they have someone in mind. but Ambrose is waiting for something, Petty has already said he has a ride, full time or part time.

"I'm not going to comment at this point," Penske said of Ambrose before the Brickyard 400 on Sunday at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. "We're looking at the opportunity, but we've got sponsorships we've got to deal with, and we're trying to put something together. But we haven't made a decision yet."

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/penske-v8-supercars-mum-ambrose-24733158

Not to mention that Roush has a two time winner in 4th place in the chase.

Carl Edwards is an elite driver, he should win a couple races a year. That doesn't mean Roush is any good. He won at two tracks where drivers have much more influence on the race then most (road courses, Bristol). Look how bad roush has been on the 1.5 milers, the races that make up 75% of the schedule. There's a reason he's leaving

Carl Edwards is an elite driver, he should win a couple races a year. That doesn't mean Roush is any good. He won at two tracks where drivers have much more influence on the race then most (road courses, Bristol). Look how bad roush has been on the 1.5 milers, the races that make up 75% of the schedule. There's a reason he's leaving

that was a comment about you saying Roush was getting sloppy seconds and Petty was getting sloppy thirds in the motor department? Have you thought that the driver might be a big difference and the chassis also? the engines seem to be holding together for all the Ford teams..IMO if they were sloppy seconds and thirds they would be blowing up. It was all hail Kenseth last year for switching brands. It might work out for Carl, might not.

I know that Marcos does not set the Nascar world on fire however I have to say that I feel its been good for him (from Australia) to be a part of your awesome Nascar series (Trucks, Natiowide and Cup) considering that we don't even have oval tracks here . I have been a fan of Nascar since the late 70's when I was a kid and we lived in house number 43, so Richard Petty was then my Driver (simple things when your a kid). So to me, when he got signed by RPM for me it was pretty cool.

Marcos in Nascar has lifted the profile of Nascar in Australia and whether you believe it or not, the international element in this sport (I believe) is an aspect which will assist with the longer term stability/growth of this sport. You would be supprised how many Aussies come over during the year to catch a race or two (we personaly have come over 4 times because of this) , as well as plenty of other awesome things your fine country and great people have to offer.

I do understand the desire to move home (Marcos used to live only a few miles from where we live) as its an awesome part of the world, and I feel that there are a few things that he would prefer to achieved before if/when he finishes in Nascar.

* A win on an oval.
* To make the chase.
* To get RPM in the chase (2 cars)....... big motivator.

However the NASCAR schedule is a tough one, there are real impacts on family, kids education and experiences. I am sure that he has tucked away some coin and any proposed dealings will still hold a financial benefit.

The Aussie V8 Supercar series is getting bigger and more professional and sees the international avenue to continue with growth. The series has recently expanded from Holden (Chev) v's Ford, to now include Merc, Nissan and Volvo (all V8's). the internation exposure and growth is there, and a decision to move to a financially strong and well engineered backed team (Penske) would not be an adverse move.

On another note, it was good to read the mostly positive comments about Marcos, he's a good Aussie guy who likes driving V8's.

Back
Top Bottom