Another Kenseth coming up the ranks soon?

Bucky Badger

Go Kyle Go
Ross is the son of NASCAR Nextel Cup driver Matt Kenseth.
http://drinkthis.typepad.com/answer_this/ross_kenseth/index.html

Like his father, Ross is a racecar driver and has a busy racing schedule. This season, he will run in the 600 Legend Series again and by mid-season will also be running the ASA Midwest Tour Series.

Ross is carrying #20 on his car again this year to show his appreciation for his favorite Cup driver, Tony "Smoke" Stewart and Smoke's father Nelson, who make his racing possible.

Ross Kenseth Racing is actively seeking sponsors for the 2007 season.

Ross first moved up to INEX in 2005 and finished his first 17-race season with one win, two second place finishes and seven top fives. Previously, Ross raced on the Burris Circle Tour and with The Wisconsin Kids Snowmobile Racing Association of Northern Wisconsin. He began his racing career at age six and won his first Kiddi Karts Points Championship as a rookie in 1999.

Ross's hobbies include golf, hunting, snowmobiling, ATVs, video games (Madden '06 and NASCAR '06), computers, reading (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings). He is also a sports fan and enjoys auto racing (Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin) basketball (Indiana Pacers), football (Chicago Bears), baseball (Chicago Bears) & BMX.

Ross was born on May 25, 1993 and currently lives with his mom, Lisa. He has a younger sister, Rachel.

Official website: www.rosskenseth.com

spaceball.gif

I've seen him (Ross) at the track a few times and on his website.

I've been a fan of Kenseth since he started the Busch series and never knew that he was previously married. I thought his current wife was the boy's mother.

I don't get into the personal lives of drivers but have been on the Kenseth fansite a few of times and never read anything about that.

So as I figure it the boy is 14 and Kenseth is 35 so they were a young married couple.

Either way, good luck to the young fellow even of his choice of favorite driver doesn't exactly suit my taste.

There, I guess now I do get into their personal lives.

I've seen him (Ross) at the track a few times and on his website.

I've been a fan of Kenseth since he started the Busch series and never knew that he was previously married. I thought his current wife was the boy's mother.

I don't get into the personal lives of drivers but have been on the Kenseth fansite a few of times and never read anything about that.

So as I figure it the boy is 14 and Kenseth is 35 so they were a young married couple.

Either way, good luck to the young fellow even of his choice of favorite driver doesn't exactly suit my taste.

There, I guess now I do get into their personal lives.

He may not have been married:eek:

There's alot of gossip out there about his mother taking Kenseth to court for support. But it's just that - gossip so who knows?

I checked our online court records. She filed.
But it is also closed.

07-13-2006 Paternity Closed
Class Code Description Responsible Official
Paternity - Post Adjudication Poppy, Donald A
Branch Id

I'm having trouble posting as my connection is acting up.

I wanted to say that I think we're on the verge of raking a 14 y/o kid through the mud so I'm going to stop speculating and bow out.

Bucky, we're a couple stpes away from becoming gossip cloumnists :eek:

There's alot of gossip out there about his mother taking Kenseth to court for support. But it's just that - gossip so who knows?

Kenseth to Court as Kid's Mom Tries to Keep Him in Wheels
Posted May 11th 2007 7:15PM by tallglassofmilk
Filed under: Tony Stewart, Matt Kenseth, NASCAR Gossip, Featured Stories

Matt Kenseth is raising a racecar driver.

Well, technically, Ross Kenseth, who turns 14 this month, is being raised by his mother, Lisa Winius. But he's growing up behind the wheel of a racecar nonetheless.

Despite his dad being the famous driver, it's mom who drives Mini-Me Kenseth's racing career at home in Wisconsin. Keeping a kid in a racecar takes sponsors and money.

You'd think that securing a motorsports sponsorship would be a cakewalk for the experienced son of a NASCAR Champion. Not so fast ... The ones that are interested want a commitment from dad, too, and he has his own obligations.

You might also think that the money should be no sweat for the multi-million dollar salaried driver. Unfortunately, Matt hasn't taken a vested interest in Ross's racing--at least not financially as of late.

For the past couple of years, Ross's favorite Nextel Cup driver--Tony Stewart--making young Kenseth's racing dreams possible.

That could all change next month when Kenseth finds himself back in court--if he doesn't push the court date.

For the past year, Winius has been seeking a post judgment adjudication to the paternity suit settled thirteen years ago. Under Wisconsin state law, the custodial parent of a single child is due 17% of the non-custodial parent's gross income. I assume Winius hasn't gotten her share of Kenseth's $45 million 10-year-long Cup career earnings, or this would be a non-issue.

Judging by the subpoena, several motions, expert witnesses, a request for protective order and a lot of other legal stuff, this is indeed an issue--and it all gives the impression that Kenseth isn't too anxious to see his son's mother in court.

Curiously, it was announced on www.rosskenseth.com just last month that dad and son would be working on a late model team this year. A Kenseth olive branch? A sign that things could be settled out of court? Don't bet on it.

At worst, Kenseth is a deadbeat dad who can't do math and is still paying 17% of a grossly old salary. At best, they've been unable to come to terms on how much of the racing expenses, if any, can be deducted from the 17% and who should contribute what, without the help of a judge. My money's on the latter, but Kenseth's newfound interest in building a team with his son since lawyers got involved does make me question his motives.

Back
Top Bottom