Anybody Wanna Rate The Race?

For a race..........I'll give it about an 8. For a Bristol race, I'll go with about a 5. :D

I give it about a 7 myself. I agree with De-Wrangler on the Bristol part :)

I'd give it around 7 :D Jr's "caution" was pretty questionable and seeing the elf beat Rusty was upsetting. But hey, next week I get to finally see Bill!

I liked the finish and was glad to see Rusty and Kenny run well. It was still a little sleepy for a Bristol race. Over all I give it a 7.

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Mar 28 2004, 11:39 PM
For a race..........I'll give it about an 8. For a Bristol race, I'll go with about a 5. :D
My thoughts exactly :cheers:

I fell asleep...for Bristol...I'd said a 4! Sure was happy to see Ken S. and Rusty run so well!

Don't know if I can honestly rate the race. Musta been a REAL snoozer, though cause I sure slept right through it.
Wish Rusty coulda beat the Cookie Monster, but was happy to see Kenny S.
finallly get a good fininh. I thnk the penalties assessed Tony and Riggs were both uncalled for.
That's Bristol,. for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooooooo, guess I gotta give that race a rousing ole 5 too.

Anxious to see the ole Windbag's assessment. LOL

It was just so-so. Not what we've come to expect from Bristol. I rate it a 5. <_<

Never ceases to amaze me.

Everybody jumps up and down assuring the entire world that they never watch races just to see wrecks...but Bristol is the toughest ticket on the circuit.

Everybody makes real sure to say they don't like seeing wrecks...then when a Bristol race is won in any fashion besides someone getting spun, it's boring.

I know what that says to me.

Good race, competitive, exciting, close finish. 8 at least.

EMP..........boy do you have a point!! :D I'm not one to watch racing for the wrecks.......however, I sure don't mind some wall meetings and rubbing of racecars either! :) Pretty weird, huh? But, today's race wasn't that there wasn't enough wrecks.........it's just the way the cautions fell. I mean no one blew up, no one had a piece of sheet metal fall off, and no fans threw a bottle out on the track! All the cautions came late when the cars were all jumbled up and the lucky two wound up in front............and it ended that way. Just a quirk of luck today........and because of that, it was not a really good Bristol race as far as I'm concerned. Wrecks are part of the sport........it comes from being on the edge for lap after lap after lap........sooner or later something gives and often it winds up with a car or two having a meeting with each other or the wall. It's part of what makes it exciting......."will my driver have such rotten luck?" And short tracks, since the speeds are not near what they are at the superspeedways, make it easier on both the driver and the fans when the wrecks occur........so, yeah, a wreck free short track will be judged to be boring. At least by me.

BTW, you'll never catch me saying a good race is a wreck free race...............a good race is a competitive race where no one, two, three or even four drivers are running away from the rest of the field. I remember a few races where the winning car was on a lap by himself...........heck, he could have pitted and had a big tall glass of ice water and still have won. Now that's a boring race. Today's race was not boring.......just not the typical Bristol race.

Thats not the Bristol I remember. Would not have paid scalpers for that one.

Give it a seven (7).
Still trying to figure the long delays with the cautions, the deal with Stewart and Junior getting away with his controlled spin to bring out a caution, then it took so looooooooooooooooog before the green.

In my book, Bristol has never really been a barn burner and think fans have come to expect more than the track has to offer. EMP and DEW2 hit the nail on the head with the comment on the wrecks. It ain't cool to say you don't go to see the wrecks but if a race takes place and there ain't no bent up sheet metal or car shufflin' goin' on, well, let's just say the race takes on an entirely different complexion. And there have been a few of them in my day. Ho-hum !!!!

No, Bristol is not as exciting as fans make it out to be. The noise and fender banging are what make it a hot ticket item. And don't forget the in-crowd attending since it is "the place to be" if for no other reason than to tell the people you been there and done that. Racing ??What racing ??? Man, we drank so much beer...................................... :cheers:

No, Bristol is not as exciting as fans make it out to be. The noise and fender banging are what make it a hot ticket item. And don't forget the in-crowd attending since it is "the place to be" if for no other reason than to tell the people you been there and done that. Racing ??What racing ??? Man, we drank so much beer......................................

Is the beer cheap there? :D

Originally posted by kat2220@Mar 28 2004, 03:48 PM
DE, you and I agree again :) and don't tell QT LOL
:D :D to late Kat......... :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom