Anyone else stoked for Rain tires next year for the road courses?

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
I am so excited. I can't wait.......Gonna be something to behold to watch the drivers navigate the course on a slick track. I hope we get rain tires eventually for all races..I dont hold out hope but I can still dream.

upload_2014-10-29_22-9-58.jpeg

upload_2014-10-29_22-10-13.jpeg

i'm not convinced it's going be a good thing, but i hope it goes good if used

They tried this at some of the NW road course races.

Didn't really pan out.

They talked about this way back in the good old days. But nothin ever came of it. Hope it goes
This time,I'll watch.

I would rather a race be postponed than take place in the rain. I want to see drivers racing for position, not drivers driving carefully to avoid wrecking/spinning on a slippery surface.

I agree , just a wreckfest . Race pace is slow . Only the leader can see . Not really racing , just surviving.

It will be fine. I went to an ARCA race in 2010 at Palm Beach FL and it was ran nearly entirely in the rain (the first few laps were dry. It was probably the cleanest ARCA race I have ever seen. Only 1 full course caution. Have seen a NASCAR Canadian Tire Series race at Trois-Rivieres, QC (i think 2011) and it was a great race, the rain was not a major issue. If ARCA can run races in the rain with no problems, i see no reason why Sprint cup couldn't.

Last edited:
Example of the rain tire that nationwide uses:

451011230-motorsports-crew-member-checks-rain-tires-gettyimages.jpg

Might happen at Watkins Glen, but there's a (truncated to) zero chance of rain at Sonoma that time of year.

I am so excited. I can't wait.......Gonna be something to behold to watch the drivers navigate the course on a slick track. I hope we get rain tires eventually for all races..I dont hold out hope but I can still dream.

View attachment 15135

View attachment 15136
You do know that just because they have rain tires..... doesnt mean it's going to rain right? Lol :lol2:

If nascar does this right, it could work out real well, not like the Montreal disaster. If it's RAINING, don't race. If it's drizzling and the track doesn't have deep puddles, then race. Snap on electric defoggers and wipers shouldn't be a problem because brake fans will be off.

Some off yall will bitch about "this sport needs to evolve if its gonna attract new fans". Now the technology & support is here for these cars to run under previously unracable conditions, like many have asked for, and the same lot of yall are now complaining about the changes. Gimmie a break. Let em race.

Some off yall will bitch about "this sport needs to evolve if its gonna attract new fans". Now the technology & support is here for these cars to run under previously unracable conditions, like many have asked for, and the same lot of yall are now complaining about the changes. Gimmie a break. Let em race.
My stance has never changed on running in the rain.

I can see nothing appealing about sitting, wet, in the stands watching an inferior product. There simply isn't anything good about it.

My stance has never changed on running in the rain.

I can see nothing appealing about sitting, wet, in the stands watching an inferior product. There simply isn't anything good about it.
Compared to the fans who sit wet in the stands watching no product

Think about it...fans can go to the race knowing that there will be a race...it will not be cancelled. They wont have to find a hotel room for another day, etc....Fans of all sorts of sports endure the elements to watch their heroes.

I was talking about the intelligent ones. Can't do much for those that don't know how to get in out of the rain. Their mamma should have taught them better.
Hard to find immidiate cover at a road course.

Hard to find immidiate cover at a road course.
I used to frequent The Glen. Never had a problem finding my truck in the parking lot. I've been to many races that have been delayed or postponed and I never sat or stood out in the rain. I thought this kind of stuff was common sense.

My biggest concern would be that the racing suffers in that situation for obvious reasons. If we can't agree on that then I simply have to agree to disagree then.

I used to frequent The Glen. Never had a problem finding my truck in the parking lot. I've been to many races that have been delayed or postponed and I never sat or stood out in the rain. I thought this kind of stuff was common sense.

My biggest concern would be that the racing suffers in that situation for obvious reasons. If we can't agree on that then I simply have to agree to disagree then.
I have the opinion that if we dont try it, we'll never know what it'll be like. We can speculate all day but itll prove nothing.

Unreal.

Road America this year had one caution for an accident and the cream rose to the top towards the end of the race. Fans will complain about anything.
Brendan coming back was very awesome to watch.

These cup guys are supposed to be the greatest drivers in the world. If they cant handle a little wetness then they should be ashamed.

Being a fan of open wheel racing. I cannot wait to see this, it adds an extra challenge for the drivers. Racing in the rain will be great for these guys and gals improve as drivers.

Let's see it in action before we try to put down the idea. I've wanted rain tires for years and the opportunity to see them in action again will be nice to see.

Back
Top Bottom