Are people turning on MTJr?

People generally will start to being more snippy when a team starts consistently winning/contending. Throw in how Jr has gotten a little of the Hamlin entitlement attitude and it will get worse. I'm not as big on the team as I was before either.

Only reason I've turned against truex is because my woman is a huge truex fan. Anytime he wins j have to listen to her mouth run.

Secretly I'm still a truex fan but I'll never tell her that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I generally havent liked MTJ since he fired his whole team for a missing lugnut.

Rule #1 of the Internet
"Never ever ever ever ever ever ever never never look at Reddit".
This is just ridiculous. r/nascar has more civility & logic than this board has had for years. Twitter is the real cestpool of trolls & tards.

I think a bulk of online nascar fans have never been to reddit & only know of reddit's existence thanks to Josh Wise. If anything, the nascar reddit community single-handedly gave Wise a full sponsor for a race at a time when sponsors are so hard to come by. What other online nascar community can say that? I'll wait.

He STOLE that win from Chase, he ought to be drawn and quartered, hung, shot, drowned and burned at the stake, and that's just for a starters.:)

He has some interesting comments about the laser that I'm sure don't please nascar.
btw, who was the dork who ok'd that trophy design?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/follow...t-consistency-of-nascar-lasers-130938723.html

Chase Elliot has been real good for a rookie. There are a lot of people that want to see him get that first win. This is the second time he has been screwed by a late race caution. Almost nobody was upset at Kyle Larson, because that was his first win. Truex comes in and "steals" this one from him, then everyone finds out that he won with an illegal car, and "poof" instant villain. Chase fans are POed because of the way he lost them. He has just got bad breaks in both races. He will get one soon, and all will be forgotten.

Love Martin and Sherry and everything they had to go through to finally arrive where they are - which is on a top tier team. But the more he wins the more people will change their tune - winning does that. Everybody loves you until you become competition.

I don't like or dislike Truex but I understand that he isn't all that because if you put Brian Vickers, Regan Smith, David Reutimann, Clint Bowyer, Kasey Kahne, Jaime McMurray or Ryan Newman in the 78 car the results would be similar. If you put Harvick and Childers plus Johnson and Knaus with JGR they may be the only guys that win races.

I don't like or dislike Truex but I understand that he isn't all that because if you put Brian Vickers, Regan Smith, David Reutimann, Clint Bowyer, Kasey Kahne, Jaime McMurray or Ryan Newman in the 78 car the results would be similar. If you put Harvick and Childers plus Johnson and Knaus with JGR they may be the only guys that win races.
Wait, so you're saying that the rides the guys listed above have pale in comparison to what Truex Jr. has?
So Hendricks was terrible for Kahne all those years?
What's Bowyer done since the MWR break up compared to Truex that makes you think he would have done better?
McMurray? Newman? Truex has a higher Chase finishes than McMurray and that was before he got with JGR.
Vickers Smith and Reutimann are just names you threw out there, I won't even address them.
I get the fact that people are getting their feathers ruffled by Truex's success, but people are digging deep to try to prove that he has this sudden sense of entitlement, because I have't seen it.

As far as the "cheating" goes, how was the car acceptable to start the race with, yet only off by a miniscule amount after 500 laps. I wonder what could have happened during all those laps to make the car that much out of whack at the end.

I get the fact that people are getting their feathers ruffled by Truex's success, but people are digging deep to try to prove that he has this sudden sense of entitlement, because I have't seen it.
Yeah, I'm not sure where all that comes from either but hey, haters gonna hate.

*snicker*
Yeah, I'm not sure where all that comes from either but hey, haters gonna hate.

I understand hate, hell, I'm a long time Pats fan. If you're upset about the anger he showed after he was taken out by Keselowski, that's fine, but anyone that saw that race saw why he was mad to begin with.

Beyond that, what is there? How is he being arrogant and how does he come of as entitled? He's won 3 races this year, all well deserved. You want arrogant and entitled, look at Harvick for refusing an interview, look at Newman for talking about Stewart, a guy that hired him for three years. I hated Jeffy for many years and i hated dale Sr. That was true dislike. Truex is hated because he has taken his learning how to win from the Busch series to the Cup series.

Truex isn't disliked because he is now winning. He hasn't won enough to merit that yet. I think he is disappointing people when starts acting entitled like a Harvick or Gordon and acts as if he believes he is too uppity to even be raced now.

I do have to admit, Pearn's comment about Logano having trouble seeing through his "squinty douchey eyes" was hilarious. Poor Joey gets so much undeserved hate, but I always find it so entertaining

This.

I think at the end of the day, Joey is just a really goofy guy. No other driver laughs as much as he does. He has a sort of ironic self targeting sense of humor where he genuinely seems to laugh at himself with that goofy look on his face. He's part of my generation of kids.

And, we share a birthday :)

Wait, so you're saying that the rides the guys listed above have pale in comparison to what Truex

As far as the "cheating" goes, how was the car acceptable to start the race with, yet only off by a miniscule amount after 500 laps. I wonder what could have happened during all those laps to make the car that much out of whack at the end.
You used a lot of words but hit the nails on the heads. There isn't anything Truex could say but " aw shucks" that wouldn't make him sound " entitled" whatever that is.

Truex isn't disliked because he is now winning. He hasn't won enough to merit that yet. I think he is disappointing people when starts acting entitled like a Harvick or Gordon and acts as if he believes he is too uppity to even be raced now.

Gordon and Harvick earned being entitled.

Gordon has also earned the right to say and when not to say when he wants to race.

Wait, people are still saying Truex "stole" that win? His quarter panel measurement on the LIS was one one-thousandth of an inch out of tolerance. That had absolutely zero effect on the outcome of the race. It's only a broken rule because the rules display no common sense.

Gordon has also earned the right to say and when not to say when he wants to race.
Gordon has earned the right to when he wants to race, but what level does entitlement reach? Nobody can race them hard or touch them?

Wait, so you're saying that the rides the guys listed above have pale in comparison to what Truex Jr. has?
So Hendricks was terrible for Kahne all those years?
What's Bowyer done since the MWR break up compared to Truex that makes you think he would have done better?
McMurray? Newman? Truex has a higher Chase finishes than McMurray and that was before he got with JGR.
Vickers Smith and Reutimann are just names you threw out there, I won't even address them.

Actually Truex and the 78 team have left so much on the table the last couple of years they should be criticized for that if anything at all. I am going to leave it as that because if you are going to try an build an argument for Truex by using Clint Bowyer and the 6 cylinder car he is using this year there is nowhere to go.

I don't see the 78 team being guilty of premeditated cheating more than I do Nascar not making black and white rules. If you don't see Truex as channeling his inner diva that is fine but others have. No big deal either way.

None of these guys are entitled to anything until they earn it. Wins, titles, rides, etc.

And all of them, even those two, need to earn a pass or work to hold someone off that wants to pass.

But some don't, especially those two. It's funny when they whine because someone dared to race them.

Gordon not lately since he is just filling a seat but Harvick has that air and Truex seems to be getting there already.

I my sport, you're only as good as your last shoot. I was good this morning.

But we don't have a sanctioning body trying to avoid pissing off star-struck fans or high dollar sponsors.

Gordon has earned the right to when he wants to race, but what level does entitlement reach? Nobody can race them hard or touch them?

In terms of acting like a big shot.

I dont think either of them act like it though. I dont think anyone deserves an easier time on the track because they're champions or what not. That's not the kind of entitlement I'm talking about.

The minute any driver starts winning a few races , the public makes up its mind to love em or hate em . The driver's don't change , but opinions about them sure do . Every single driver that ever won a race has gone through this . Diva ? Come on .:rolleyes:

I don't think any dislike for truex is due to him winning. He's not nearly dominant enough for that - at least not over a long haul yet.
The recurring theme, to my ears, has been attitude.

The minute any driver starts winning a few races , the public makes up its mind to love em or hate em . The driver's don't change , but opinions about them sure do . Every single driver that ever won a race has gone through this . Diva ? Come on .:rolleyes:

Not true as no one turned on Shrub when he started winning races and the same goes for Harvick, Kahne, Kenseth, Edwards, Newman and a whole bunch of other. People dislike others who project qualities they don't like.

I don't think any dislike for truex is due to him winning. He's not nearly dominant enough for that - at least not over a long haul yet.
The recurring theme, to my ears, has been attitude.

Right on as once Truex wins 15-20 races in a 3 year period someone could argue he is disliked for being successful but right now his main claim to fame is taking off like a jack rabbit and then tailing off. He has 400 races under his belt and 5-6 wins and at 36 years old he is much closer to the end of his career than at the beginning. Truex won once in MWR equipment and so did Vickers but Reutimann one twice and Clint turned the trick 3 times. He won once in DEI Stuff but Steve Park did twice and even Michael Waltrip won 4 times so if Truex is a great wheel man it happened overnight as for the first 10 years of his career he sucked.

The system doesn't measure quarter panels. The left rear wheel alignment was off by ten one-thousandths, 010"... not .001".
And........ Nascar's alignment tool might have been off by that much...... I think what would be only fair is.......... each week before the post-race inspection is...... Brian France should come down to the inspection area and make sure the lasers are in total calibration...... Whether he is in one of his drunken stupors or not.... wait!! he ALWAYS appears to be in a drunken stupor!!!!!!

I generally havent liked MTJ since he fired his whole team for a missing lugnut.

This is just ridiculous. r/nascar has more civility & logic than this board has had for years. Twitter is the real cestpool of trolls & tards.

I think a bulk of online nascar fans have never been to reddit & only know of reddit's existence thanks to Josh Wise. If anything, the nascar reddit community single-handedly gave Wise a full sponsor for a race at a time when sponsors are so hard to come by. What other online nascar community can say that? I'll wait.

R/NASCAR provides some of the most solid NASCAR info on the Internet. Huge amount of contributors. Also, a lot of people in the sport watch that Subreddit. Race teams join the convo, journalists join the convo, drivers join the convo.

Posters on this site chitting on that one is hilarious.

This doesn't have anything to do with liking or disliking Truex but the 78 team choked toward the end of the end of a race once again. Good team and average driver.

R/NASCAR provides some of the most solid NASCAR info on the Internet. Huge amount of contributors. Also, a lot of people in the sport watch that Subreddit. Race teams join the convo, journalists join the convo, drivers join the convo.

r/nascar made it on the trunklid of Jordan Anderson's truck

CtHn7zaWcAEUs1h.jpg:large

gone
wild

Back
Top Bottom