Mars, Inc. comments on Kyle Busch's fight with Logano

If Busch does not represent their values, maybe they need to sponsor Trevor Bayne or Michael McDowell.
And then never have their beautiful M&M's Camry ever shown on TV. They know what they're getting. Publicly, they scold Kyle for this type of behavior but they are more than happy for every second of airtime when he runs upfront. When he starts running like Danica, they will move on to another driver.

Mars has been through worse with Kyle and this should all blow over by next Sunday night. Kyle had been on his best behavior for a year or 2 then the wheels came off last year. I can't remember what the circumstance was but he called some driver a moron and it has been all downhill since. It has to be very difficult for both Kyle and Kurt to be associated with Nascar as you know what slips out is just a fraction of how they would like to behave. I have said it once and I will say it again and the thing I enjoyed about the Kyle-JLo deal was the car control Kyle exhibited after being taken out.

And then never have their beautiful M&M's Camry ever shown on TV. They know what they're getting. Publicly, they scold Kyle for this type of behavior but they are more than happy for every second of airtime when he runs upfront. When he starts running like Danica, they will move on to another driver.

I tend to agree as it is almost obligatory for a sponsor to say they are against any kind of violence or perceived bad behavior but they support all sorts of things half the country has no stomach for.

Mars has been through worse with Kyle and this should all blow over by next Sunday night. Kyle had been on his best behavior for a year or 2 then the wheels came off last year. I can't remember what the circumstance was but he called some driver a moron and it has been all downhill since. It has to be very difficult for both Kyle and Kurt to be associated with Nascar as you know what slips out is just a fraction of how they would like to behave. I have said it once and I will say it again and the thing I enjoyed about the Kyle-JLo deal was the car control Kyle exhibited after being taken out.

Kenny Wallace put it best last night when he suggested that what is in the press release is different than what is being said int he Mars boardroom. The outcry over what Kyle did has made me laugh ever since it happened. I have complained that many talk ****, but there has been little done other than chest thumping. Kyle did something, and everybody ****s the bed. Had this been Harvick, Newman, etc.; we would have Chocolate Myers babbling about old school racers taking care of business. I predicted the response, and I was not wrong. Not at all. I agree. This will be done by Sunday.

Publicly, they scold Kyle for this type of behavior but they are more than happy for every second of airtime when he runs upfront. When he starts running like Danica, they will move on to another driver.
yep. If this were a problem with the sponsor, there would be action rather than words. Their no action speaks volumes.

I am in no way, shape or form saying there should be action by anyone. I think what occurred on Sunday should probably be rewarded behind closed doors. I hear people talking about the sport that would give it a second thought. Nothing wrong with that.

Oh, for a while this morning I was fearful we wouldn't have another Kyle/Joey fight related thread. I'm glad I wasn't disappointed.

Kenny Wallace put it best last night when he suggested that what is in the press release is different than what is being said int he Mars boardroom. The outcry over what Kyle did has made me laugh ever since it happened. I have complained that many talk sh!t, but there has been little done other than chest thumping. Kyle did something, and everybody ****s the bed. Had this been Harvick, Newman, etc.; we would have Chocolate Myers babbling about old school racers taking care of business. I predicted the response, and I was not wrong. Not at all. I agree. This will be done by Sunday.

Correct. It will blow over by Sunday. All this is nonsense. I don't care what he says, what he looks like, what his perceived media persona is. What matters to me is the man can wheel a stock car. Period.

And that is why he is one of my favorites. Just as I once had Tony Stewart as my favorite. They both are/were extremely talented in their profession of choice...driving race cars.

Last edited:
Correct. It will blow over by Sunday. All this is nonsense. I don't care what he says, what he looks like, what his perceived media persona is. What matters to me is the man can wheel a stock car. Period.

Perfectly said.

Kenny Wallace put it best last night when he suggested that what is in the press release is different than what is being said int he Mars boardroom. The outcry over what Kyle did has made me laugh ever since it happened. I have complained that many talk sh!t, but there has been little done other than chest thumping. Kyle did something, and everybody ****s the bed. Had this been Harvick, Newman, etc.; we would have Chocolate Myers babbling about old school racers taking care of business. I predicted the response, and I was not wrong. Not at all. I agree. This will be done by Sunday.

It is a shame that Mars had to say anything as even though I think fighting amongst drivers has no part in Nascar Kyle didn't do anything wrong like slur an ethnic group, get liquored up and expose himself or do anything dangerous like drive drunk. Those are the sorts of things I expect advertisers to mad about.

And that is why he is one of my favorites. Just as I once had Tony Stewart as my favorite. They both are/were extremely talented in their profession of choice...driving race cars.

People can say and think what they like about Kyle but there is no denying he is a good driver. It is hard to believe he has only won 1 race since June 1 of last year and IDK if that is attributable to having bad luck or circumstances in general as it doesn't seem possible.

People can say and think what they like about Kyle but there is no denying he is a good driver. It is hard to believe he has only won 1 race since June 1 of last year and IDK if that is attributable to having bad luck or circumstances in general as it doesn't seem possible.
He will probably rattle off 3 wins in 5 or 6 races or so at some point during the season. I think he'll end up this season with 5 or 6 appearances in victory lane. As for a championship, that's more of a crap shoot these days anyway. Get to Homestead and see what happens.

He will probably rattle off 3 wins in 5 or 6 races or so at some point during the season. I think he'll end up this season with 5 or 6 appearances in victory lane. As for a championship, that's more of a crap shoot these days anyway. Get to Homestead and see what happens.

I agree as when Kyle gets in a zone he wins early and often.

notice how brief the statement is?

Looks to be nudge nudge wink wink we donot like that but we like the exposure sort of thing

Me at the office vending machine to a co-worker:whatcha getting? "M&mS" is the response..."See that fight in NASCAR?" makes me hungry!

notice how brief the statement is?

Looks to be nudge nudge wink wink we donot like that but we like the exposure sort of thing ...
Boiler-plate press release, modified from a canned PR template and approved by Legal.. Just change the sponsor and driver names and it could apply to any post-race incident in the last 20 years. The ruler-wide red mark on Kyle's wrist has already faded.

No, he keeps roughing that one up so it doesn't heal too quickly. Samantha thinks it looks hot. :D
Yes indeed. Just think though, his most recent ruckus and subsequent forehead injury may open up a whole new sponsorship opportunity. We may just see the #18 Mary Kay Cosmetics Concealer Toyota taking laps around the track someday soon.

Yes indeed. Just think though, his most recent ruckus and subsequent forehead injury may open up a whole new sponsorship opportunity. We may just see the #18 Mary Kay Cosmetics Concealer Toyota taking laps around the track someday soon.
No can do. Mary Kay sponsors Cadillacs, remember?

No can do. Mary Kay sponsors Cadillacs, remember?

I love you for your pink Cadillac
Crushed velvet seats
Riding in the back
Cruising down the street
Waving to the girls
Feeling out of sight
Spending all my money
On a Saturday night
Honey I just wonder what you do there in back
Of your pink Cadillac
Pink Cadillac

Thanks, Bruce. :jamming:

Crushed velvet seats
Riding in the back
Cruising down the street
Waving to the girls
Feeling out of sight
Spending all my money
On a Saturday night
Of your pink Cadillac
Pink Cadillac

Even better Bruce, IMO.

Cadillac Ranch Lyrics
from The River

Well there she sits buddy just a-gleaming in the sun
There to greet a working man when his day is done
I'm gonna pack my pa and I'm gonna pack my aunt
I'm gonna take them down to the Cadillac ranch

Eldorado fins, whitewalls and skirts
Rides just like a little bit of heaven here on earth
Well buddy when I die throw my body in the back
And drive me to the junkyard in my Cadillac

Cadillac, Cadillac
Long and dark shiny and black
Open up your engines let 'em roar
Tearing up the highway like a big old dinosaur

James Dean in that mercury forty-nine
Junior Johnson runnin' through the woods of Carolina
Even Burt Reynolds in that black Trans Am
All gonna meet down at the Cadillac ranch

Cadillac, Cadillac

Hey little girlie in the blue jeans so tight
Drivin' alone through the Wisconsin night
You're my last love, baby you're my last chance
Don't let 'em take me to the Cadillac ranch

Cadillac, Cadillac
Pulled up to my house today
Came and took my little girl away

Oh baby, come on
Oh baby, come on
Oh
Come on

Even better Bruce, I
Cadillac Ranch Lyrics
from The River

Well there she sits buddy just a-gleaming in the sun
There to greet a working man when his day is done
I'm gonna pack my pa and I'm gonna pack my aunt
I'm gonna take them down to the Cadillac ranch

Eldorado fins, whitewalls and skirts
Rides just like a little bit of heaven here on earth
Well buddy when I die throw my body in the back
And drive me to the junkyard in my Cadillac

Cadillac, Cadillac

James Dean in that mercury forty-nine
Junior Johnson runnin' through the woods of Carolina
Even Burt Reynolds in that black Trans Am
All gonna meet down at the Cadillac ranch

Cadillac, Cadillac

Hey little girlie in the blue jeans so tight
Drivin' alone through the Wisconsin night
You're my last love, baby you're my last chance
Don't let 'em take me to the Cadillac ranch

Cadillac, Cadillac
Pulled up to my house today
Came and took my little girl away

Oh baby, come on
Oh baby, come on
Oh
Come on

Great song. I've spent too much time and dollars going to Bruce concerts but will admit, every dollar and minute was well spent.

Crushed velvet seats
Riding in the back
Cruising down the street
Waving to the girls
Feeling out of sight
Spending all my money
On a Saturday night
Of your pink Cadillac
Pink Cadillac

Uh, I think that's 'Peeling out of sight'. ;)

upload_2017-3-14_16-53-45.png

That didn't take long.

As few have pointed out, this was more of CYA type of press release, nothing more, nothing less.

It is a shame that Mars had to say anything as even though I think fighting amongst drivers has no part in Nascar Kyle didn't do anything wrong like slur an ethnic group, get liquored up and expose himself or do anything dangerous like drive drunk. Those are the sorts of things I expect advertisers to mad about.

I agree. I think that Mars took the opportunity to let us all know that they are a morally correct company. So noted. Maybe send that out before a "crisis?"

I agree. I think that Mars took the opportunity to let us all know that they are a morally correct company. So noted. Maybe send that out before a "crisis?"
And I have noted that Mar's Inc is a morally correct company.

And I have noted that Mar's Inc is a morally correct company.

Thank God for that. Not sure what I would do if a candy company wasn't.

If it were up to me at Mars, I would be printing limited edition peanut M&M's packages
with boxing gloves on the M&M guys with the tag line "These Peanuts pack a Punch!"
Just a month campaign, that's all.
Yes ! That ! Years ago the after the "pass in the grass" Winston Allstar Race at Charlotte ,NASCAR PR sent out crushed Levi Garrett tobacco packs and crushed Coors cans to the media as a promotional stunt for the next years event. Didn't go over well if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom