As if we didn't see this coming...

Screwy report. Says Edwards won't be replaced but Bayne will move up to a full time cup ride. Isn't that replacing Edwards?

"Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will both return, and Trevor Bayne will move up from the Nationwide Series to a full-time Sprint Cup Series ride."
Edwards will not be replaced next season.

Photo looks like he's saying to Jack "SHOW ME THE MONEY!

I'd say RFR will be gone by the end of the decade. While I'm not a fan of Jack Roush, I would hate to see another long time team close up shop.

Screwy report. Says Edwards won't be replaced but Bayne will move up to a full time cup ride. Isn't that replacing Edwards?

"Greg Biffle and Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will both return, and Trevor Bayne will move up from the Nationwide Series to a full-time Sprint Cup Series ride."
Edwards will not be replaced next season.

Photo looks like he's saying to Jack "SHOW ME THE MONEY!
It's splitting hairs --Trevor will be in the 6, not the 99 --- so, technically, Carl is not being replaced. :D

Should have Edwards announcement pretty quick I bet. Biffle is the head guy now. Rumors say they are trying to fund a forth team.

Nascar mobile app just notified me saying RFR announces 2015 driver lineup without Carl Edwards.

Shocker

Whew I think Roush is going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat next year. Stenhouse and Bayne are going to have to step up.

They blindsided Edwards. On race day Bwaaa. Roush has to be one of the toughest owners to race for.

They blindsided Edwards. On race day Bwaaa. Roush has to be one of the toughest owners to race for.
Carl is pretty much dead to Roush now, especially considering he's likely headed to "the darkside". Roush has always been kind of a prick when it comes to drivers leaving his organization.

Marty Smith ‏@MartySmithESPN 1h
Roush said Carl's decision was made known to him more than a month ago. He said Edwards gave no specific reasoning.

Edwards was blindsided because he didn't expect Roush's announcement to be today. From what I hear both he and Kenseth by contract can't announce their plans until September. Kenseth had the same deal, but I don't think Roush said anything early like they just did with Carl.

The confirmation by Roush officials Sunday that Edwards will not be back in the No. 99 Ford had been long rumored but not substantiated because Edwards refuses to publicly discuss contract negotiations. He's believed to be headed to Joe Gibbs Racing in a new fourth car, but his contract with Roush does not permit him to announce his plans until September.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...wards-roush-fenway-racing-parting-ways-season

Carl told the TV interviewer just a bit ago, that he won't discuss his new deal.
He can't talk about it. he has a gag order in his contract..that is why I am saying Roush threw him to the wolves, blindsided him. Roush for whatever reason..probably pissed, announced it on race day with all the press around.

He can't talk about it. he has a gag order in his contract..that is why I am saying Roush threw him to the wolves, blindsided him. Roush for whatever reason..probably pissed, announced it on race day with all the press around.
Even more slimy by Roush considering he had two weeks with nothing going on to announce this, yet waited until this morning to do so.

Even more slimy by Roush considering he had two weeks with nothing going on to announce this, yet waited until this morning to do so.
that's one way of looking at it. He got the focus on his race team, I can say that. AND he can say anything he wants and if Carl utters a peep about where he is going he can sue him for breach of contract. I wonder if the team Carl is going to can announce it without any problems.

Edwards was blindsided because he didn't expect Roush's announcement to be today. From what I hear both he and Kenseth by contract can't announce their plans until September. Kenseth had the same deal, but I don't think Roush said anything early like they just did with Carl.

The confirmation by Roush officials Sunday that Edwards will not be back in the No. 99 Ford had been long rumored but not substantiated because Edwards refuses to publicly discuss contract negotiations. He's believed to be headed to Joe Gibbs Racing in a new fourth car, but his contract with Roush does not permit him to announce his plans until September.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...wards-roush-fenway-racing-parting-ways-season
Roush announced on June 26, 2012 that Kenseth was leaving RFR.

Yeah, but like I said, I wonder if the team he is going to can or will announce Carl being on the team without being out of contract. I can't see how Roush can put a gag order on the team he is going to.

Yeah, but like I said, I wonder if the team he is going to can or will announce Carl being on the team without being out of contract. I can't see how Roush can put a gag order on the team he is going to.

Is supect that whichever team it is, they respect his obligations to his current contract.

Here's the real question: How much longer will Fenway continue as an investor? I don't see what they're getting out of the deal at this point.

Well, A Roush-Fenway car (Carl Edwards) is locked in to the Chase. It's the only playoff action John W. Henry and Fenway Sports Group will see this fall. :)

Carl is pretty much dead to Roush now, especially considering he's likely headed to "the darkside". Roush has always been kind of a prick when it comes to drivers leaving his organization.

The great thing is Roush doesn't have to keep his mouth shut. He could blow up the JGR deal if he wanted too. Better hope JGR already have all their ducks lined up, because they are about to be picked, poked, and prodded by the Nascar media.

that's one way of looking at it. He got the focus on his race team, I can say that. AND he can say anything he wants and if Carl utters a peep about where he is going he can sue him for breach of contract. I wonder if the team Carl is going to can announce it without any problems.

Probably not, because I am sure once they make the announcement they will want sponsors and Carl there. Say it is Gibbs, I am sure they can announce that they will move to a 4th car next year with Driver and Sponsors to be announced later. If Gibbs announced that everyone would pretty much know who they are going to put in there.

Back
Top Bottom