Aston Martin has a hypercar too

virtualbalboa

Team Owner

Just imagine Lance Stroll becoming an all time great endurance racer not because he was very good, but because his dad hired the best possible co-drivers year after year.

Since the Heart of Racing will be operating the program they’ll have the input on driver selection, likely coming in part from their current GTD squads and then other Aston factory drivers. They said they would be open to a driver like Fernando, so I don’t think Lance really qualifies - but maybe Papa Stroll decides to kick in something extra if Lance gets to make some appearances.

It was also interesting to see them say these cars are more relevant for GT drivers than in the past. They’re definitely a lot unlike most prototypes of recent memory.

Ultimately I’m really excited to see this happen. Non-hybrid NA V12, the first big entry from the road-derived side of the regulations, first LMH in IMSA.

Aston Martin's move to enter the Valkyrie LMH in both the FIA WEC Hypercar and IMSA GTP classes is bold and a bit like inviting James Bond to a costume party: you don't know exactly what to expect, but it's sure to be spectacular. This commitment is a clear challenge to the limits of engineering and racing strategy, somewhat akin to trying to dance salsa on ice skates. It's an effort that tests not just the vehicle's performance but also Aston Martin's agility in two highly competitive playing fields. Hopefully, it won't end up being a case of "biting off more than they can chew," but rather a masterful display of power and elegance, true to the brand's style. Being in both series is a bit like playing in two football matches on the same day: it requires endurance, planning, and, of course, a bit of that classic British audacity. My Opinion only...

Aston Martin's move to enter the Valkyrie LMH in both the FIA WEC Hypercar and IMSA GTP classes is bold and a bit like inviting James Bond to a costume party: you don't know exactly what to expect, but it's sure to be spectacular. This commitment is a clear challenge to the limits of engineering and racing strategy, somewhat akin to trying to dance salsa on ice skates. It's an effort that tests not just the vehicle's performance but also Aston Martin's agility in two highly competitive playing fields. Hopefully, it won't end up being a case of "biting off more than they can chew," but rather a masterful display of power and elegance, true to the brand's style. Being in both series is a bit like playing in two football matches on the same day: it requires endurance, planning, and, of course, a bit of that classic British audacity. My Opinion only...
@catracing, welcome, new guy!

Just imagine Lance Stroll becoming an all time great endurance racer not because he was very good, but because his dad hired the best possible co-drivers year after year.
It's shows how competitive F1 is when a guy who is 1/2 second off is considered a scrub. That, and if Lance's involvement is what it takes to get the Valkerie on the grid, I can live with it.

Back
Top Bottom