Atlanta RACE thread

Congrats to Jimmie Johnson. :)

Still bummed about Tony. Somebody needs to have stern talking to with him.

No confetti? No champagne? No soda spray?

Most anticlimactic victory lane celebration ever.

chadpir3-copy1.jpg

Harv blew by Jr like he was sittin still
That debris on Junior's car worried me. Glad nothing bad happened. He said it plowed there because of that, so it's doubtful Harvick would have passed him at all otherwise.

Thanks race lady, we laughed we snored it was nascar. Take care :)

I really enjoyed the race even though Harvick couldn't close the deal. I would have liked to have seen Danica and Tony finish better.

Happy with what patrick accomplished worked with damaged car

Maybe Tony just doesn't have the mojo anymore?

Then he needs to retire.

Tony will always be my favorite driver, but at some point you gotta quit with the hysterics. He's a grown man acting like a five year old. These temper tantrums just to get under NASCAR'S skin are getting trifling. If you are already in 39th place why would you piss them off?

I don't know if he's going through a mid life crisis or what, but he has got to chill out.

And I know he wants to win a D500 before he retires, but the way I see it, in the grand scheme of things it's just a race. He's earned his place in the HoF.

It's getting close that time where he needs to hang up the helmet and pick up his owners hat full time. Out of love and admiration I want him go retire soon. I don't want him to be one of those desperate men looking for glory after it's already passed (looking at you MW.)

Now with that being said, let's hope he gets it together this season. It's time to show these young cats how the REAL Tony Stewart drives.

That's to be questioned.

Not enough of a track record to know. Also, we did see a lot of good wrecked cars out today anyways.

Moffit would have beat Kyle Larson for the K&N championship in 2012 if Tyler Reddick didn't cheap shot him and put him head-on into the wall at Rockingham. Think about that one.

Back in the Speed channel days, you would see Brett Moffitt win often. It's good to see him get a break.

Then he needs to retire.

Tony will always be my favorite driver, but at some point you gotta quit with the hysterics. He's a grown man acting like a five year old. These temper tantrums just to get under NASCAR'S skin are getting trifling. If you are already in 39th place why would you piss them off?

I don't know if he's going through a mid life crisis or what, but he has got to chill out.

And I know he wants to win a D500 before he retires, but the way I see it, in the grand scheme of things it's just a race. He's earned his place in the HoF.

It's getting close that time where he needs to hang up the helmet and pick up his owners hat full time. Out of love and admiration I want him go retire soon. I don't want him to be one of those desperate men looking for glory after it's already passed (looking at you MW.)

Now with that being said, let's hope he gets it together this season. It's time to show these young cats how the REAL Tony Stewart drives.
I made the mistake of writing Tony off a few years ago when he was in the middle of a very mediocre stretch. Then he went on that amazing run at the end of 2011 and won the championship.

I won't make that same mistake again.

Michael Waltrip had glory days?

Pretty sure someone here said this already. LOL

I made the mistake of writing Tony off a few years ago when he was in the middle of a very mediocre stretch. Then he went on that amazing run at the end of 2011 and won the championship.

I won't make that same mistake again.

Oh. I'm not writing him off by a long shot (this is SMOKE we are talking about here).

But, I do think there's a time and a place when you have to start looking at what you've accomplished a be satisfied with that.

Moffit would have beat Kyle Larson for the K&N championship in 2012 if Tyler Reddick didn't cheap shot him and put him head-on into the wall at Rockingham. Think about that one.

He needs to be running in Xfinity or Trucks full-time then.

I've seen guys move up that have been beasts at the lower levels, but be mediocre later on. Moffit is good, but Vickers is an accomplished journeyman with a Xfinity championship and three wins in cup.

I need to see more from him before we just sweep Vickers under a rug. If Vickers lays an egg, then go for it. Otherwise, keep status quo until further notice.

Then he needs to retire.

Wasn't able to watch the race but saw the updates. Sucked Tony was P. 30 and missed driver intros... Maybe that was his way of telling NASCAR- screw you! He's still my fave though. It's early in the season so I hope he can work with Chad and figure things out...onto next weekend!! Congrats to JJ....

Then he needs to retire.

I agree alot. But his last complete season was in 2012. I would like to see if he can it around in a year that has less distractions.

But the clock is ticking.

Oh. I'm not writing him off by a long shot (this is SMOKE we are talking about here).

But, I do think there's a time and a place when you have to start looking at what you've accomplished a be satisfied with that.
Oh ye of little faith...

Four or five years ago, who would have thought that Junior would be where he's at now, running top 10 and/or contending for wins almost every week? Who would have thought that he would have won four races last season and have his own dedicated segments during the races this year?

Tony is a more talented driver than Junior is IMO, and I say that not even being a fan of Tony's. If anybody can come back from all the adversity he's been through over the last year or two, he can.

Yes, there is a time and place when he's going to have to sit back, be happy with what he's accomplished, and hang it up - and as blanston said, until that day comes, I refuse to count him out.

This was the second race in a row I listened to the broadcast as well as watched it (under green flag conditions) and I didn't think the guys in the booth were awful. They didn't add much but I did not find them irritating. I thought BKez did a good job of bringing home a so so 2 car to a good finish. Gotta love the good finishes for the lesser lights and the wisdom and execution by the 48 team.

The ghost of Dr. Kevorkian is going to have visit the RFR team if significant improvement is not seen in the next few weeks and the same goes for the 14 team.

Back
Top Bottom